Waiting for a missed miscarriage to complete

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2014, 12:46 PM
I found out that I was pregnant in the beginning of December and we were over the moon excited for it but when we went in for our 9 week appointment and ultrasound we were told that the baby had passed away around 3 weeks prior. After a week of follow up ultrasounds and blood tests we confirmed that in fact it was a missed miscarriage. We have gone back and forth on what to do and my body has teased over the past few weeks with bleeding and then stopping. My husband and I want to do it naturally and the Doctor says that it is fine to do it as long as my health isn't at risk but we are coming up on 8 weeks since we found out (11 weeks since the baby actually passed) and the process is still not over. How long should we wait before having the D&C done???
April 17th, 2014, 06:35 AM
ladytack's Avatar Veteran
Gosh that is such a personal decision. With my first loss I gave my body two weeks to work things out and then went ahead with the D&C. This time I waited a week after seeing my HCGs drop and then took cytotec to try to miscarry at home (didn't work). Now we will be getting a D&C April 21st, which is two weeks after taking the cytotec. I think you've been more than patient, waiting as long as you have. It's up to you, but for me I just wanted to be done with things and move on. Whatever you decide is what will be right for you. Just watch out for signs of infection, which is the biggest risk with waiting.
Angel Babies
*Oct 2013*
*April 2014*BFP #4 on 8/22/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search