I need some help with PSP PLEASE...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Digi School LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Send a message via AIM to foxyk91
I'm very new to digi scrapbooking & I have Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X1 I have no clue what I'm doing I downloaded some freebies for scrapbooking, but have no clue how to get them onto my program to use them. I don't have a direction booklet for my program because it came on my computer. I want to scrapbook so bad, but boy...this isn't easy...lol Is there an easier program? Any help you can give me about my program would be great. Thank you!

Karen
July 17th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I have both PSP x1 and x12 so I can help you all you need! Or all I can lol

I am not exactly sure where you are lost so I will start from the beginning, if you have questions ask!!!!

I do have a question though. After you downloaded the kit that you wanted, what did you do with it? MOST kits are in ZIP format and will need to be opened. If you have opened it, then we can start. If you haven't, yo uwill need to unzip it first and save it into whereever you want it.
You can either talk to me here or pm me! Whatever works for you

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

July 19th, 2008, 10:48 PM
nvr.4.gtn...Thank you so much for wanting to help me I am sooo lost. LOL I did unzip everything & saved it into folders. Now when I go to the prpgram ( Paintshop Pro Photo X2) I'm lost. I cant seem to do anything in layers at all. It's driving me crazy!!! I've spent hours trying to do this & I get no where. I can pull everything up that I downloaded...I just can't do layers etc.

Thank you, Thank you!!!

Karen
July 19th, 2008, 11:08 PM
*Stacey*'s Avatar life=laundry
I am pretty sure I know what you mean....

on the item you want to put on the page go to edit>copy
then click on the page and go to edit>paste as a new layer

do this with everything you'd like to add, and if you want to move certain items to the top or underneath something, go to layers>arrange>move up/down etc

I hope this helps you out!
July 20th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Stacey...Thank you for your help. I must be a total idiot I did finally get a picture onto a background paper..but I have no clue how I did it. I tried to do it again & couldn't get it to do it. Who knows...lol
July 20th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
did you try the copy paste thing?

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

July 20th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Yes...I tried the copy thing, but I still can't get it to work What am I doing wrong????
July 20th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
not sure. Ok from the beginning. open a new document. Its a white piece of paper looking icon in the top right hand corner. Select 3600 pixiles x 3600 pixels, resolution of 300. Transperancy checked. This is the typical setting for a 12x12 scrapbook page.
It should open a blank document with gray and white checkers on it.
can you get that?

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

July 20th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Ok I got that
July 20th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Now what do I do....lol
July 21st, 2008, 08:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
soory I just got back on!!

Now open a new document: that is open the file that you want, like the background paper or whatever.

now you should have two screens open, the blank document and then the background paper that you wanted!!

after both are open, click on the top of the background paper, right click, it will bring up a drop down menue, highlight "copy". Then click on the top of your blank document. Right click in the white and gray checkered area again. On the drop down menu, select "paste" that shoud put it o nthe blank document.

Can yo see the layers screen? Its usually on the left of right of the program screen. If yo can't go, to "view" on the top of the screen (next to file I think). Drop down to "palattes" then click on "layers" now you should be able to see layers.

Now you should be showing 2 layers, one is blank the other is the background paper.
Open an element up from one of your kits you downloaded. Then copy and paste that into your page. Now you should have 3 layers. To move layers around, click on the layer you want to move (in your layers box on the side of your screen) and drag it up or down. Up makes it go in front, and under makes it go behind.

wanted to add that when you copy paste the curser has to be in the main box of the paper you are copying.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

July 21st, 2008, 12:43 PM
Yeah..I got that...Thank you so much! Now how do I move things around on my page & resize things? When I copy & paste them..they all end up on top of eachother in the middle of the page.

If I add a picture...how do I fit a frame to go around it??

You are such a huge help & I thank you so much for that!!
July 21st, 2008, 02:39 PM
Do you know how to put a haze look over a picture that you want to put in the background?

Thank you....Karen
July 22nd, 2008, 07:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Yeah..I got that...Thank you so much! Now how do I move things around on my page & resize things?[/b]
the second tool on your tool bar looks like an arrow. Click that. IT will highlight whatever layer you are on. You can either click the screan and hope to hit the element or whatever you want, or you can also click it in the layers section. Once it highlights the object you want to move or change size, put your curser of it, click and hold and drag it to where ever you want it. To resize it, go the corner of the object you want to resize. Then move it in or out. If you click on the sides or top or bottom of the object it will onlyy change the size of that part. So your object will be distorted. Hope that makes sense.

Quote:
If I add a picture...how do I fit a frame to go around it??[/b]
there are a few ways to do this, but I will show you the way I do it.

Open your pic and place it on your main page, then do the same thing for the frame. Put the frame on th layer above your pic. Now use the move tool "the arrow" and make your pic bigger (at the corner or you will distort the picture. Make it bigger of smaller. Don't worry if the pic hangs over the edge behind the frame, you will make that go away.
Once you have the picture positioned how you want it to look in the frame, you then will on the layer section, select the frame. On your tool bars (3rd one down I think....) will be a magic wand tool. if you click it, it will give the options of "freehand, magic wand, and selection." Click the magic wand (it looks like a firecracker)
now put your curser on the inside part of the frame. and click. You will see marching ant looking things dancing around the inside of the frame. If they are all the way around the frame and not just the inside you can adjust the tolerance. more tolerance if you want it to select more (like its only doing a small section of the inside of the frame) or less if you want it to highlight a smaller section. If you put it right around 20 you should be fine for most things, but you can play with this as you get better.

now once you have the inside of the frame dancing with ants lol, go to the top (where file and such are) towards the left side will be "selections" ckilck that and drag down to invert.
now click on your picture in the layers section and hit delete. That should have made your picture that was over the frame go away!!!, now go back to selections and click "select none" no more dancing ants!

Quote:
Do you know how to put a haze look over a picture that you want to put in the background?[/b]
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by haze. THere are things called overlays, that are basically thinner or transparent papers that you can put over them so they look aged or whatever, if you mean like a sepia tone or black and white tone or something you can do that by selecting int he layers section what layer you want done, then go "effects" at the top and drag down to photo effects. THere you will see sepia dn black and white and even some other fancy stuff. If you can point me to a pic or page of exactly what you might mean by haze, do so and I will see if I can help

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

July 23rd, 2008, 04:24 PM
I finally made something... It's not the greatest, but I think it came out ok. Thank you sooo much for your help!

Thank you...
Cynthia..Background paper
Emybaby...Butterfly
Emybaby...Flower

July 24th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
looks like you got it and awesome job on the extractions!!!
Hope you stick around and we see more from you

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search