A bit feed up with family

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still BF Alex and as far as am concern I will BF until he doesn't want to anymore. I don't think that's problem, is it? Well I'm tired of getting looks form my mom when I tell her that I just want to nurse him. I will give him some solids and them just nurse. Well now my sister (which by the way have no kids) is sort of in a indirect way telling me that BF him is not enough and that he's hungry, WTH!? She somehow always have advise to give me about raising Alex, what to do with him, and bla bla bla, she doesn't have a child! All her advise come from what her co-worker tell her. AGRRRR

Thanks for listening, I needed to let go the anger

September 17th, 2009, 09:27 AM
NeeshBoogie's Avatar Super Mommy
Believe me I know the feeling! Most of the people in my circle (my mom, my sister, my sorority sisters) tell me Isaiah doesn't need solids and he's getting everything he needs from mommy's milk. BF's mom and grandma, however, continuously ask why Isaiah's not ready for solids "because Dame had 'em before this time and he's just fine," etc. It's frustrating, to say the least, to feel like someone is attacking the decisions you're making as a parent. I've made the decision to simply not discuss it anymore. When the conversation heads that way I remain silent, because I am all done explaining my son's nutrition with anyone other than his other parent and his pediatrician (who strongly suggested we EBF until 6 months, and yes this next 2.5 weeks count!).

I guess I had a little of my own, huh?

Thank you Mod-MommaTrish for my gorgeous siggy!!!

September 17th, 2009, 10:05 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm sorry Patty! Tell them he is your child. You will do as you please with him. He is fine! I hate when people tell us what to do with our children. I hope they stop pestering you soon honey!!

September 17th, 2009, 10:44 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
why do people have to interfere with things that have sod all to do with them!!!
you are doing a fantastic job and alex will soon tell you if its not enough!
i always said that i would stop bf when kara started teething but im still doing it and when the teeth start coming, il keep pumping.
as long as our babies are happy and growing then sod them all!
xx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
September 17th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yeah, my mother-in-law got offended this last week when, at a restaurant, I told her not to give him a french fry. He's eating solids, but I told her I didn't want him to have greasy food yet, because it upset Erin's system when she was much older, and I just wanted to avoid it.

She said "Oh, but he'll just suck on it."

First off, the kid manages to devour anything that comes near his face. If he can eat graham crackers, he can eat fries. And since when would sucking on it not give him nothing but the grease and salt?

Yeah, people like to meddle I think. I don't know why they think they can but in about child raising when nothing else is their business (of course, my MIL doesn't understand the concept of someone else's businiess)

Good for standing up for yourself. He's your child, you know him best, YOU know when/if he's hungry, etc.

September 19th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love it when people "know" everything about your child. As long as he's happy and healthy they need to shut up.
I already have people telling me Norah is going to be my problem baby, she isn't here yet and can't be no worse than Jon who had colic and reflux.

Brittanie, your MIL sounds like my whole family who think anything they eat is OK for babies, I still have a time with them giving the boys caffiene.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

September 19th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Lol, Tina, I'm okay with them giving my kids food that is healthy, but if you shouldn't be eating it in the first place, please don't give it to my kids!

I don't care what anyone says, while I do eat my fair share of junk, I also know I shouldn't be eating it! =p

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search