And yet another problem....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2009, 08:02 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So now that Alex is popping again, YAY! He's starting to spit up food (solids) that he ate earlier that day .It weird because I have smelled it and it smells like vomiting, is that normal? We follow the guidelines that the doctor's office gave us. 2-3 tbl of cereal, 2-4tbl of veggies, 2-4tbl fruit and BM on demand. Now we stopped the cereal all together to see that make a difference with him going to the bathroom. So, am I feeding him to much? Why does he spit up food that he ate a while ago? He seems fine, no fever. I feel like the worse mother, first the poop and now this and I can't be home with him to take care of him.........

Last edited by Pitridge; October 1st, 2009 at 08:56 AM.
October 1st, 2009, 09:04 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
You are NOT a bad mother. You have to learn as you go. I don't know why he's spitting up. I hope he stops. I was gonna suggest on the cereal to try the oatmeal baby cereal. That's what I had to switch Ty to so he could poop better. Just remember that with new babies everything is trial and error. You are a wonderful mommy!

October 1st, 2009, 09:28 AM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are NOT the worse mother. Although the cereal may be the culprit for his constipation it also helps to keep food down. So that may be why he is spitting up more because you took that out due to the constipation. Babies are crazy there is no right or wrong with caring for them. It's like a science: add a little this, take this out, put more in. It's just a crazy game. And the worse part is EVERY baby is different so what worked for one will not always work for the other. I too would try to mix the food with oatmeal as well. You are doing fine Patty!!!! Good Luck Girl and keep your chin up!
October 1st, 2009, 09:55 AM
NeeshBoogie's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree with Judy and Michelle, especially about the oatmeal. You are not a bad mother! Good mommies are concerned about the goings on of their babies' digestion, and you're certainly concerned, so you qualify! Trial and error can be frustrating and discouraging, but I'm sure Alex appreciates that you're doing everything you can to keep him healthy and happy.

Thank you Mod-MommaTrish for my gorgeous siggy!!!

October 1st, 2009, 09:57 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Patty...You are a great Mother who loves and cares for Alex, and just wants the best for him....you are doing what you should, seeing that something is not working for him and trying to figure out what you can do to help him.

I have not fed Cecil anything yet, so I'm not good on advise, but my Pediatrician told me that cereal was just practice food and when we start Cecil on food, to only do cereal for a couple of weeks, then switch to green vegtables first, then yellow veggies, then fruit. He said for starters to introduce one food at a time for 3 days, then switch to the next.

Could it be a certian food that is making him spit up (does he always spit-up the same thing?)
October 1st, 2009, 10:52 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
sounds like the girls have given some good advice but i just wanted to agree you are NOT a bad mother! alex is lucky to have you sweety!

xx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
October 1st, 2009, 11:50 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks girls!
I guess I'm a very insecure mother at times. I'm going to try to add the oatmeal with some of his meals and see how that goes.
Thanks. love you girls!

October 1st, 2009, 01:03 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, Patty. Please don't think for a second that you are a bad mother. I don't have any experience with solid foods yet, so I really can't give you any advice there, but just know that if there were one way to raise kids, they would definitely come with an "owners manual". Don't feel bad -- you are caring for your lil' man. He is lucky to have you! Let us know how the oatmeal goes.

October 1st, 2009, 07:28 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're not a bad mommy at all! You're a good one b/c you are concerned about doing the best for your little guy. Everything is just a bunch of trial and error with kids it seems. Just when you get one thing figured out, it is something else.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search