Paent, Teacher meeting.(rant about stupid parents)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Jon is doing fabulous in his class and he speech therapist is excited he is talking like a 4 year old and thinks this may be his last year of speech. She said that once he was around other children he has improved because he is not just listening to Nick talk. Jon also had his 4 year check-up this week, he didn't cry with the vax. such a big brave boy. What surprised me is he is 37 pounds and 3ft 7in., how did my youngest son who was 7 wks early become so big, he's almost the same size as Nick(he's 3ft 10in and 41 pounds), I think he is going to be just as tall as DH or taller(Fred is 6'4")

Nick, is doing good but is having trouble counting to 99, writing his full first name(only has wrote Nick for the past 2 years not Nicholas), still moos when he doesn't want to interact. his teacher is happy with his progress but wishes he would play with other children(well, most childen with Autism don't want to play with others). His speech therapist said he's not doing that good, he's very slow at improving the deletions and wants two extra days of speech for him which comes to 5 days a week. She hopes by the time he's in the 5th grade he will not need speech, he's only in 5-k right now.

Now with issues with other freaking parents. My child has Autism and I work my butt off to get him where he needs to be and their homework lastweek was to write their names, once per night and send their homework back on Friday. Most children told the teacher their parents told them to do it themselves and wouldn't help. I am so upset that kids have to do something themselves with no help from their parents. I know with Nick he has trouble with the S so I make sure he practices before he does his homework and then if he writes it wrong I erase it and make him practice it 5 more times he finally gets it and this week we haven't had problems.so many of these kids don't have parents who can take 10 minutes to do this and I do it with a newborn, who may or may not be on me nursing or drinking her formula and the can't take 10 minutes.
I think the reason this upsets me so much this is how I grew up, once my sister(aunt) was married I didn't have anyone to help me with my homework, and I still struggle with English.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

October 28th, 2009, 08:31 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As a former teacher (high school, but still) I just wanted to say for working so hard to help your boys with school. It really is rare, even when we try to encourage it. And you're right, its very sad that most parents won't take the time.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
October 28th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
My dad is a high school teacher, so we always got help. I hear my dad complain all the time that most parents aren't interested in their kids' education, so the KIDS aren't interested.

I think there is a trend in this country that the parents don't think that teaching their kids is their responsibility anymore. It's the schools' job to teach their kids. NO WONDER America is falling behind!

I agree with Kelly, Tina, it's so great that you're working so hard with your boys. I hope I can be that kind of mom (already working with Erin on numbers and letters, etc)

October 28th, 2009, 09:41 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't even imagine not helping out my kids with their homework. I will admit there any many evenings that I just really don't want to deal with it but that is what you sign up for when you have a child.
I also know that if I don't help them they will not do their homework or "forget" part of it and then their grades will suffer.

October 29th, 2009, 06:09 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm glad Jon is doing so well. I hope Nick continues to improve. You are an awesome mom. I can't believe that people won't help their kids. It's so sad.

October 29th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It is sad parents don't help, heck to teach them their colors I painted my finger nails a different color a month, when we finished with the primary colors each one had heir choice of color they wanted me to war for another month Nick picked two colors John Deere green and yellow, Jon picked bright red and black.LOL

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

October 29th, 2009, 10:08 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for Jon doing well with his speech and school! He does sound like a big boy - and brave too for not crying with his vax!

You sound like an amazing parent, especially helping Nick learn. Koodos for you!

I am very big into education and parents teaching their children. I read to cecil every day, and I will def be helping him with homework when he is older. It is very sad when parents don't help their childen try to meet thier potetial. A little help and encouragement goes a very long way.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search