Am I the only one?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2009, 07:30 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Please tell me I am not the only one who looks at their baby and cries every single day out of love for this child.

I don't know if it's because of the fact that we lost another baby after Matthew was born but I just can't help but thank God for my gift I was given. I have been having a really hard time lately. I just look at him and can't believe he is mine. I hope these feelings are normal and I am not the only one? I want another baby soooo bad but can't help but feel totally blessed to have this one in my arms. How could I ask for more.

It is going to be so hard over the years to let go of him so he can grow and become independent. I just want to put him in a bubble

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

November 2nd, 2009, 08:09 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I don't cry, really, but I do squeeze them every day and just stare at them in awe. I can't believe either of them are mine. Maybe it's because I'm so active on the PL and stillbirth boards but I am so acutely aware of how much a miracle it is to get a baby here and healthy.

I am hoping and praying for you honey! Lots of to you!

November 2nd, 2009, 09:40 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I still cry on occasion....like when she looks at me and says "hugs"..."mommy"...love you... I melt!
sometimes I watch her sleep and thank God for my precious miracle, and yes I cry more!

I am too afraid to ttc...so she is all I have, and ever will have...she is growing so fast...

Bobbie, I send you hugs and some good ol ttc sticky dust.....
and IF by chance it doesn't work out, remember your life is filled with beautiful blessings, Beautiful, happy healthy children that are so very lucky to have you for their mom, to show them all of the love and understanding that is humanly possible...

November 3rd, 2009, 08:11 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't cry either but I do stare at him and wonder how I became this blessed. I can not believe half of the time that he is here, that I have a baby, it's still all so new and amazing. Sometimes like Dee I watch him sleep, I'll just seat there and watch how peaceful he is and how innocent he looks (while I keep in mind that he is planning his next move ) and every time it amazes me that I have him here in my arms and that he is healthy. You are not alone Bobbie.

November 3rd, 2009, 11:40 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm weepy on some days, but definitely in awe EVERY day. Last night we took our chances and took her to a nice restaurant with us. She is smiles most of the time, but sometimes (even when she is happy) she shreiks (with delight). Of course, last night, she was either shreiking or wimpering from teething pain. I spent a lot of the evening outside with her. Even so, I just talked with her outside and told her how much joy she brings to me and how much I was enjoying the opportunity to just hang out with her. (I had offers for baby-sitters so we could enjoy the evening out together, but I decided I'd rather not go than leave her with a sitter).

I am so BLESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 4th, 2009, 08:00 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are certainly days that I cry because I feel so blessed and like I don't deserve this miracle. And also because he is growing up so fast and I just want it to slow down. I am grateful for him every day. (Though I still want to bang my head against the wall when he wakes for the 5th time in one night. )

November 5th, 2009, 02:56 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
yep i do too!
i just want to squeeze them all so tight but kara is too small for that lol
i swear i fall in love with them all more each day

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
November 5th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I cry sometimes. I look at each one of my children and think how lucky I am to have each of them.I made a promise to GOD when I had Nick that my children would not only be told "I love you" everyday but I would show them everyday and I have not broke that promise no matter how much the boys get on my last nerve.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

November 8th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG I was a mess for about the first six months. I cried all the time, mostly when he fell asleep at night in my arms in the rocking chair and I would just stare at him and cry.
Being pg again and so very, very scared makes me greatful again that he made it and reminds me how lucky we are to have him.
I think it's totally normal how you are feeling, especially after all you have been through.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search