check up and injections for kara today (xposted)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2009, 01:14 PM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
im gutted. i am litterally sat here trying to hold back my tears

first off she got weighed and measured and at 16 weeks is 12lb 10.8oz and 62cm long (she was 8lb 3.5oz and 51.5cm at birth!
all seemed well but she instantly started crying as we got her undressed for it. i swear she knows if she is weighed at the clinic its because she is getting her jabs

we get into the room for them and she just looked over at the side and screamed the place down! real tears, lips turning blue, the works!
we had to sit for 10 mins after them to keep an eye but in the end we were sat for 30 mins getting a lecture about feeding!

basically what they are saying is she isnt gaining enough weight considering what we "claim" she is eating
they want me to keep an "ACCURATE" food diary for a week and then arrange a meeting to have her assessed again. they said it could be reflux but they doubt it as she is not normally sick after feeds.
they have made me feel so useless and almost as if im lying about what she eats! my jm friend was with us for a week, she knows how much she goes through and her solids have actually increased since then!
i tried to explain she had swine flu, the change in water made her very sick while we were away and she is also teething so will guzzle one day and take little the next but they were not having any of it.

since we got home at 3pm she has had 15oz of milk, 1 fromage frais and 60g of tomato and haricot bean casserole!
we also got told about giving her "tummy time" as we lay her on her back to play while we were there so i told them she hates it and wont stay there and she looked at me as if i were lying again so i put her on her belly and let her watch her push herself until she rolled onto her back as thats what she does all the time now. that seemed to shut her up about that one

i really cant wait til next week when my own health visitor is back
sorry for the moan but arghhhh
this is her on halloween, does she look underweight to you?

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
November 3rd, 2009, 02:13 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Sarah, I'm sorry...it sounds like it was a bad appointment for the both of you. I don't think 12lb at 3 months is bad, it could be that that is the way she will grow. Alex used to scream when we put him on his tummy, now he loves, I know thy want them to be on their tummy more often so that they can develop those muscles.
You are doing a great job, she looks wonderful, I love the Halloween costume

November 3rd, 2009, 10:13 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
wow.....
I cant believe what you had to deal with !
A baby will "normally" double their birth weight by 4 months.....but every baby is different.
I would not worry about a thing....and do not let them make you feel like you are doing anything wrong! As for tummy time.....um, yeah, I think Katie was like 6 months before she would even tolerate it for a minute !! lol

any teething will make their feeds fluctuate ! it is normal! Katie is cutting molars now and some days will only eat small amounts of "mushy" foods or drink more milk.
Then there are days when I swear she would east a roast if we let her.

You are doing a great job hon.....
malnourished babies often have poor skin color, dry scaly skin,dark circles under their eyes, dark urine, maybe not alot of dirty diapers....
and I highly doubt if any of these pertain to Kara !!!

November 3rd, 2009, 11:38 PM
*Pamela*
So sorry Sarah. I am on the complete opposite end where my hv doesnt care at all. Gabriella will be 1 on the 21st and weighs 15.5 pounds and has for the last 3 months. No concern at all when at her 10 month group session she marked her chart at just below the 2 percentile.

she shouldnt make you feel bad though

kup on how you get on with your reg hv

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search