Pic overload (fall pics and 6 month professional pics) x-posted

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2009, 08:03 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, just humor me and tell me a few of these are cute. I'm a little bummed that I don't get many comments on my pics on facebook and I email family members pictures and no one responds. And MIL didn't act like she was that impressed with the prof. pictures. I guess I'm being overly sensitive, bah.

Anyway, I can't believe Matthew is 6 months! How did that happen?! He's such a cute little guy, he's started saying "ba ba" and a couple times something that sounded like "ma" or "da". He laughs all the time when you lift him in the air or kiss him or tickle him or blow raspberries on his tummy. He really wants to crawl but he just sort of moves his arms and legs and gets nowhere. I had started solids with him, but he starting getting bad gas. I think the gas was actually from me putting chocolate and nuts back in my diet and eating them quite a bit (I've cut them out again), but just in case I have cut out all his solids for now. He's waking up lots at night for some reason, so he's been sleeping in bed with me some nights so I don't have to keep going upstairs.

Trip to the pumpkin patch:

Pics taken in our yard:

(Keeping him from eating the grass)

(Stealing kisses, I love this one!)

6 month professional pictures (I brought in the leaves and pumpkins):

(About to cry in the above pic, he was so tired, poor baby!)

That last pose totally didn't work. He kept trying to bounce up and down when we had him stand up and he wouldn't stop. We couldn't stop laughing at him, silly boy.

Oh and edit for Halloween pics: (His outfit was TOO SMALL despite saying it was 6-9 months. He only wore it for 5 minutes and we actually didn't put it on him till after Halloween.)

November 4th, 2009, 10:37 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Shannon,

OMG !!! He is just adorable !! and I am not just humoring you either !
he is just precious !!!!!

just curious as to what kind of solids he was having? there were certain ones in the beginning with Katie that made her more gassy also...

I am so glad you posted the pics.....he REALLY is precious !!!!!

November 5th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Thanks Dee.

Well he had rice cereal and oatmeal cereal (I don't think those were the problem but I cut them anyway) and then he had butternut squash and that is when the problems started. My pedi's office said next time I start them to start with bananas and apples. I had wanted to do veggies first but maybe it doesn't really matter.

November 5th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I have TOTALLY had the same thing where you're excited by pictures and nobody says anything! It's frustrating. But like Dee said, they ARE adorable pictures. I really like the prof ones with the leaves with him on his tummy.

November 5th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Shannon, same thing happens to me, on facebook, only a couple of people will say something, when I send them to my family I don't even get one email that says "oh cute pictures" and they are the ones that ask for the pictures Anyway, I understand.
I love the pictures The last of the prof picture is adorable, he just has that confuse look on his face. He is such a cutie, and he looks big too, how much does he weight now?
The last picture of the two of you, it's an awesome picture, you look so good.

November 5th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He is so beautiful. Forget about those ole people on facebook, we LOVE seeing baby pictures and he's so darn cute. If he wasn't so far away Norah could have her a BF.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

November 5th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Thanks girls. Yeah it just irks me kinda because how much effort does it take to email back and say "oh, cute pictures!" you know?
That last one we were trying to get a picture of him standing up and he just wanted to bounce up and down. We were all laughing so hard. The photographer couldn't get any half way decent shots b/c he wouldn't stop!
Last week when I took him in he was 18 lb, 13 oz, which is 75th percentile.

November 5th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW 18lb already! Alex hit 17lb a couple of weeks ago
I think it takes more time and effort for you to send the pictures than for them to send a quick "cute pics".
By the way great job BM for 6 months Are you also pumping?

November 5th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitridge View Post
are you also pumping?
I was pumping once a day to have milk to put in his cereal. But then when I stopped giving him cereal I stopped pumping. All for the best anyway b/c he's waking so much at night and nursing that when I pump I never get that much.

November 6th, 2009, 01:27 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love them Shannon! My favorites are the pictures with the pumpkins (wish I would have thought of that). I especially like the one where he is leaning his cheek on the pumpkin.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
November 6th, 2009, 06:24 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Shannon,

I dont want to sound like I am an expert, but watch those bananas and apples if you give them to Matthew. They can be binding, and make babies gassy. I started Katie with pears,oatmeal, green beans. To this day bananas make her toot up a storm, and if she doesnt get some pears or peaches, she gets a little constipated
I hope you don't mind the input !

November 7th, 2009, 06:07 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Shannon....Matthew is so handsome and wow- what a big boy! He looks sooo happy too!

I really like the last pic of the two of you.....You both gave great smiles in that pic.
November 7th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I don't mind at all Dee! I was wondering about that because you know the BRAT diet includes both banana and apple so I know they can be constipating. I didn't know they could cause gas as well. I may try pears when I start again. I think I'm going to delay for a while longer though.
I'm also not going to give him his Prevacid for the next few days and see if that makes a difference (I read a few ppl online saying it made their babies gassy). Hopefully his reflux has gone away enough that I can stop it.

November 7th, 2009, 06:18 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love all the pics! They really are great...and I am sorry no one else IRL is telling you that.

About the food. You might want to consider avacado. It was Matthew's first and only food for a long time and he totally loved it. It's GREAT for brain development. We skipped all cereals and went straight to food. The only ones Matthew had gas with were peaches. Try and introduce the new food in the morning so if he has issues being allergic, or has gas it won't hit in the middle of the night.

Anyways... WTgrow Matthew

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

November 8th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Shannon they are all amazing pics!!! He is such a handsome little man.

I am pm'ing you right now with my last name so you can add me on Facebook. I love to see pics on Facebook and comment all the time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search