Cecil has H1N1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2009, 01:33 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor babe.....He has a temp pf 101.5 on average under the arm.....Tylenol doesn't seem to help. He is puking and coughing too

He keeps moaning and moaning alll day

We were prescribed Tamilflu..I really hope it helps him out fast.

For those whose lo have already been through this.....how long till they showed signs of feeling better?
November 5th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no poor baby. I'm sorry Sam...I hope he feels better soon.
I keep hearing that you should keep BF because it's best for them. Is he having problems nursing?

November 5th, 2009, 01:40 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Oh no !

I am sorry to hear he is sick ! poor baby !!!

we just got over it....well, Mick has come down with bronchitis now....ugh..
we took Tamiflu, and it helped...but not totally. by the second day, 3rd dose, we did feel a bit better...but it dodnt seem to totally cure it kwim?
Now Mick is on antibiotics and an inhaler ! The more I hear about tamiflu the more of a scam I think it is. so many people still need an antibiotic, the side affects can be nasty too. But when thats what they give you what can you do? ggggrrrr

for $118.00 for 10 pills, you should not need anything else! sorry I vented on your thread!!!

I really hope Cecil gets better soon Sam....Tamiflu usually shortens symptoms by one day...keep a check on his temp and continue with the Tyelnol or infant motrin
they will help with the aches and pains too. Extra fluids are needed also....
do you have any Pedialtye? that will help keep him hydrated too....and unlike milk or formula, clearer liquids will help thin out mucous.
please KUP !

November 5th, 2009, 02:03 PM
dee - Rant about cost is OK...I couldn't beleive it either....it was over100 for a 1/4 of a bottle of the liquid form. What sort of side effects did you have? Glad to hear that you are doing better....hope mick feels better soon.

Patty - no problems nursing, but he won;t drink/eat anything else...I tried to give him some pedialite, but he looked at me like I was poisening him... so i am jusr nuring him as much as possible and will cont to try other fluids too.

Poor guy will only sleep laying on my chest,,,,,I haven't had him out of my arms all day.
November 5th, 2009, 06:14 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no! Poor baby! He must feel so bad and I know you do too to have to see him feeling so sick. That's good he is still nursing well, I bet your breastmilk will help him to get over this faster. Hope he feels better soon! Oh and ditto the advice of rotating the Tylenol and Motrin.

November 6th, 2009, 08:30 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Tyler had it a few weeks back. The cost is horrible. He started feeling better in a few days, by a week he was 100% better. I hope he gets over it quick. The only side effects Ty had was diarrhea. Give him big hugs for me!!

November 6th, 2009, 11:27 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMommy View Post
dee - Rant about cost is OK...I couldn't beleive it either....it was over100 for a 1/4 of a bottle of the liquid form. What sort of side effects did you have? Glad to hear that you are doing better....hope mick feels better soon.

Patty - no problems nursing, but he won;t drink/eat anything else...I tried to give him some pedialite, but he looked at me like I was poisening him... so i am jusr nuring him as much as possible and will cont to try other fluids too.

Poor guy will only sleep laying on my chest,,,,,I haven't had him out of my arms all day.

some of the possible side effects are mood swings, hallucinating, stomach upsets...

I def. had mood swings !...and it made my stomach really funky....and it seemed to kill our appetites

November 6th, 2009, 01:23 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor Cecil! I hope he feels better fast!

I've never done Tamiflu, but Cori and I got our H1N1 and seasonal flu shots today. My husband is getting his now.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
November 6th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor baby.Hope he gets over it really fast.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

November 7th, 2009, 05:53 AM
His fever broke this morning...Thank Goodness! He is still miserable though. He has enough energy to actually roll over and reach for a toy as of last night, which is amazing progress. Hopefully as the day progresses he will get better.
November 7th, 2009, 06:38 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Man I am sorry he is sick

I have read that towards the end of it there are a couple days of feeling great, then getting the fever back and feeling like poop again..on and off. I hope it's over soon.

I am sooo scared of my kids getting it. I am still up it the air about the darn flu shot. I am not sure what I am scred of more. The flu or giving it to my kids.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

November 9th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is Cecil doing?

November 11th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that Cecil is feeling much better now....We took him off of the Tamiflu Monday afternoon, and by Tuesday morning he was himself again...Laughing, playing and smiling. I think the Tamiflu upset his stomach more than the actual flu!! He was a little cranky tuesday evening, but sooooo much better than before. Took him back to daycare today Thanks for your support while he was sick!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search