Alex 9 month appt

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alex had his 9 months appointment on Friday. Overall he is good, he's now 18lb (15%) 27.5 (21%). For his weight hies always been on the low % so I think that he's just growing small, well that and that he does not stay still for more than 2 second, not even when he is nursing . The not so good news of the appointment was that he is on the borderline for anemia , so we have to watch out, not a concern for the doctor, but I'm a bit worry. My mom is double guessing what I feed Alex, she is asking dh to send her his feeding schedule, WTH? Sorry I'm pretty mad about that. Thanks for listening.

November 9th, 2009, 11:34 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think Alex sounds like he is doing perfectly. Does your DH appease your mom or back you up? I hope he tell her to back off.

Did your mom breastfeed? I faced a bit of a similar situation with Cori....MIL never breastfed and was always concerned that Cori didn't get enough food. Since I nursed her until she self-weaned at 16 months, I would constantly get,"you're still nursing her?" "when will she be weaned?" "if she ate more she'd sleep longer" etc. I would usually combat it by referencing actual medical information about the benefits of extended nursing. Since she has grown into a smart, healthy toddler, I feel like my parenting style is more well-respected by his family this time around.

You are doing fine, mama!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
November 9th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyanne View Post
I think Alex sounds like he is doing perfectly. Does your DH appease your mom or back you up? I hope he tell her to back off.

Did your mom breastfeed?
Dh does not back me up, he never really has done that.
My mom did bf but I think until I was 3 months old.
I also get, are you still bf? Here at work is even more weird (to say it in same way) because I pump and people look at me in some sort of weird way when I say that I'm still nursing Alex. We are going to Spain this x-mas and I'm very worry about how I will be able to bf Alex or how often, I don't know how supportive my family will be.

November 9th, 2009, 12:13 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
I'm probably clueless but I would think that as long as his weight % is relatively close to his height % he's doing great!

My sister ran into a problem with my nephew with weight - but in his case he started off (until about 9 months) being 75% weight and 50% height....but then dropped suddenly around 1 year to 20% weight and still 50% height. That issue had more to do with lack of solid food/additional protein (solved, ironically, with adding ice cream daily into his diet).

Alex sounds perfectly healthy and balanced from a weight/height perspective. Definitely don't worry, and I hope your mom backs off on this - you're obviously doing a GREAT job and Alex is thriving! HUGS

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
November 10th, 2009, 03:33 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Patty, Alex sounds perfect!! Happy 9 Months Alex you little cutie!!

Patty, I know you are very consicious of what you are feeding alex, and that you try to give alex what you think is best for him. You are a great mom. Only listen to your Dr's suggestions about feeding him. Your mom may have concerns, but they are only HER worries....do not let her bother you or deter you from the great track you are on with Alex. and about the pumping at work....I totally get that too...the awkward stares and looks un-informed ppl give you totally make my blood boil. I HATE pumping, but I do it because that is what is BEST for my son, and I know you feel the same way too. Hugs hugs. About BF/pumping when going back to spain, it may be hard, but stick with it, it's totally worth it. We will be here for you to vent to.
November 22nd, 2009, 08:04 PM
ChattyAshley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think Alex's stats sound great!! Topher just had his 9 month and was 30% weight. I decided not to worry about it, he's a happy little guy and is growing just fine and I'm sure Alex is the same!

Thanks to Babydoll213 for my cute siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search