How is everybody?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2009, 03:37 PM
*Pamela*
Sorry I haven't been around much but will try to do better.

Can you believe it, Gabriella is going to be one in just over a week? Where has the time gone.? I just feel like because she is growing so fast.
We're having a party for her on the 21st.

She finally started crawling a few weeks ago but has been standing and pulling up for ages. She is starting to stand on her own so it won't be long for her to take those first steps. She is such a good baby but does love to get a hold of things she shouldn't have and then she gives you that look, you know the one like I have it and I know I should't look. She cracks me up.

If she had it her way, she would be standing or walking all day long, the girl wears me out...but I love it.

She is still teeny tiny, still only weighs 15.5 pounds and I need to check her height, they don't do that here. At least she can use her infant seat longer. I'm going to buy an extended rear facing car seat anyway.

Ethanael is in school full time now and it's been quite an adjustment. He's only 4 and I feel it's too young but he has issues with sharing. On a positive note, he is learning to read and can read simple books with Biff and Chip. He can write his whole name and his teacher asked me if he could just write Ethan, I told her I didn't want to do that and she said they would play it by ear. Well, Ethanael loves practicing his name and has proved her wrong, yay. I'm very proud of him.

Alex is in his last year of school and then will go on to sixth form for 2 years which will be sort of like a high school diploma. He wants to be an engineer. He loves designing things.

How are all the ladies and the babies, sorry I have missed so much.
November 11th, 2009, 09:59 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow!! Can't beleive she is going to be 1 soon!! and sooo little!! Maybe she is saving the walking for her 1st birthday??!! I hope you take lots of pics of her b-day party!! Her JM aunties want to see them

Sounds like your boys are doing great!! WTG Ethanael for writing his whole name!!
November 11th, 2009, 11:37 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
awww i cant believe how fast it has gone

we are ok i guess. kara developing well no matter what anyone says she is teething like no ones business and its causing a lot of sleepless nights and worry as she wont eat properly (not even taking bottles as much this week as she just chews the teat)
over all though we are doing good, just very tired

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
November 11th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I cant belive she's going to be 1 also Pamela, it seems like we just had them. She will be walking before you know it!! Has she already been weighed for her 12 month check up? If so Madison has pasted her now, she was 16.9 at her 12 month check up. they have to stop growing so fast.

November 12th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe she's going to be one where did the time go? I'm with Sam, maybe she is saving those first steps for her birthday, take tons of pictures.
It sounds like your boys are doing great, that's awesome!

November 12th, 2009, 12:20 PM
*Pamela*
I will def take loads of pics. I could be proven wrong but I don't see her walking by her birthday. She is still quite wobbly and only lets go for secs, her brothers didn't walk till 13 months.

Angela, we don't have 12 month visits here so will just be doing her stats at home. My scale is very accurate so it's easy to keep track. She has had 2 well baby visits, one at 7 weeks and one at 10 months and that one was a group session. I really wished they had more well baby visits, I feel they are vital as they are preventative health visits.
November 12th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Pam, can I ask you a question. I know Gabriela is BF, how normal it is to still be BF?

November 12th, 2009, 02:29 PM
*Pamela*
I have always felt it's normal up to a year. She still nurses about 4 times a day and she has a cup of whole milk. I do plan on continuing nursing just to get through flu season and I'm sure she won't complain. If it wasn't for the swine flu I would stop.

This is the longest I have made it. With Ethanael, I made it to just over 9 months and with Alexander, nothing, he was formula fed. All of them are very healthy though.

I have to laugh now because I always thought nursing past a year was odd but I learn as I go.

sorry for dragging on
November 12th, 2009, 02:41 PM
The reason why I asked is because I'm getting the thirds degree from my sister. I'm going home (to Spain) for the holidays and I raised my concerns about BF and hoping that it wouldn't be too hard with everything going on. She told me that BF past 3-4 was unheard of, that people (at least in Spain) don't BF once they go back to work, because it's too hard to BF and pump. So I was curious to know if it was just Spain, or being more or a norm in Europe.

November 12th, 2009, 03:15 PM
*Pamela*
I think breastfeeding is looked at the same here as in the states, maybe more popular in the states as there is more support.

Some of my extended family members think it's wrong to nurse at all. Even my mom was against it but I think it was because my girl lived on the boob for a long time and so wouldn't get to see her on the web cam. It wasn't until just before I was to go visit her that she saw a news article on the importance of breastfeeding and all the benefits to baby as well as mom. So now she is very supportive.

I think moms get like 36 weeks of statutory maternity leave here and most will nurse during that time. It's odd when you look at pumps here compared to the states.....we dont have the number of double electric pumps that are sold in the states because moms have to return to work too soon over there and have to pump at work. They're trying to get the leave to a year here, I think it's great.

I would just continue nursing Alex, this is your baby and his life that you are taking care of, not your sister. I was ready to tell my mom to shut up about it because this was my choice.

ug, families, hey?
November 12th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Pamela* View Post

ug, families, hey?
Yeah I know!

November 13th, 2009, 08:14 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you are all doing so well! Matthew sounds huge comparatively at 18 lb 13 oz at his last check. Chunko boy! I posted in another thread about some of the challenges we have going on right now.

Patty I think you should BF as long as you feel comfortable doing so and Alex wants to.
Since I started BFing it's been my wish to go at least a year and no longer than 2. If you had asked me 5 years ago I would have said I was stopping once baby got any teeth.

November 13th, 2009, 09:21 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Our babes are growing up so fast ladies !!!

we are doing well...Katie is 17 months today !!! I can not believe it!
where has the time gone???????
she is walking,running,dancing,talking, using the potty...
she knows quite a few colors and letters already, she amazes me!
lol..you name it, she does it..or at least tries to!

November 14th, 2009, 01:58 AM
*Pamela*
Shannon, going to go and read your post. I know what you mean about feelings about bf'g before we had our babies and to be honost, I was looking forward to stopping at a year but now as it nears, I want to continue to do so in hopes she gets through flu season. I have loved nursing her, just want my boobs back.....lol. I can't believe how big Matthew is getting, love chunky babies. I know Gabreilla is teeny but she does have a gut on her so it's strange to think that she is off the growth charts. I think she is about 27 1/2 inches long.

Dee, can't believe Katie is 17 months. It's not fair that we don't have a say in making them slow down just a bit, ya know? She sounds so smart and eager to learn.
November 14th, 2009, 04:18 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
Hey Pam!! Its been such along time! I hear ya that its been a while, ive been so swamped with moving to a different province. And having 3 kids alone is just crazy busy! Im sp glad that your little one is doing so well! She sure is a beauty! Makenna is 16 months old now, shes growing like a weed! Shes walking, talking, being a queen, shes fully potty trained, off the bottles everything. shes doing so well! Im hoping to be around alot more to!!

November 14th, 2009, 05:58 AM
*Pamela*
Brandy, you need to get on here and update us. sounds like a busy time.

That is wonderful how well she is doing and great job on the potty training, how did you do it?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search