Need PAL Baby Up-dates

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2009, 01:17 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK, I miss all of you!!!! come-out, come-out wherever you are my PAL freinds!!

How is everyone doing, what are your LO's up-to now? What are you doing for the Holidays?
December 8th, 2009, 01:36 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I miss everyone too Sam. It is so slow in here.

We are doing good, just getting ready for Christmas. Tyler is crusing along the furniture and push car. He can stand unassisted for a brief period before sitting back down. He is so funny. He is a true joy to have around. He and Haley get along so great.......most of the time. lol

We are having our 1st family pics done Monday and I can't wait. We have to go to Grandma's Christmas party next weekend and have it with my mom also. The Christmas Eve my dad will probably come over and my IL's, SIL, niece and nephew will come Christmas Day. I'm excited it being Tyler's 1st Christmas.

December 8th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I miss everyone too, the board is so slow.....
Alex is doing good, we are getting ready to go to Spain in about 10 days (can't wait). He is sort of doing the same as Tyler, he's trying to stand up on his own, but hasn't realize that you have to let go of your hands, he does the downward facing dog Yoga pose, it's very cute. Other than that he keeps me busy cruising around the house. Maya and him are getting along great, Alex love to lay on Maya's bed.
Alex is getting his 4th tooth!

December 8th, 2009, 02:34 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Big Hugs for both of you!! I really love you guys and enjoy our time chatting.

Michelle...I'm excited for you and your family on getting your first pics togther...Will you share them with us so that we can ohhh and ahhh over them?? It's so hard to beleive that Tyler is standing on his own!! I just keep thinking back to last Christmas when we were all pg.....makes me get all teary thinking about how far we have all come and how fast our lo's are growing.

Patty...I really hope you enjoy your time in Spain. Will this be the fist time your family from Spain gets to meet Alex? I can' t beleive he already has 4 teeth!! Cecil has 0 - I'm beginning to think that he will never have any teeth. I bet Alex and Maya will be bff growing up.

Cecil & I are at home on a snow day....big blizzard heading our way.
Cecil is army crawling away - he gets everywhere very fast LOL!! He is the light of my life, and I am excited too to be celebrating X-mas with him!!
December 8th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Sam-Alex got his first teeth when he was 7 months, so I'm sure that Cecil will get one pretty soon. Yes, this is the first time my family has seen Alex. I love when Alex did the army crawl, it's so cute, watch out because that means that he will be crawling in no time, it will suddenly happen. How is he with solids? Did you ever get all the straightening up with heating up his food at daycare?

December 8th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies!

Makenna is sitting up on her own. She can stay up for up to a couple of minutes sometimes, and other times she looses her balance within the first five seconds. It just kind of depends on what she is doing or playing with. She has pushed herself up onto all fours several times, but she ususally has her head on the ground when she does it -- I haven't seen her do it and pick up her head at the same time. She can old her head up great without a problem, I just haven't seen her do it when on all fours. She rocks back and forth when she is up on all fours too.

She doesn't have any teeth. She continues to drool, but she hasn't been too fussy about teething lately, so I have no idea when that tooth is going to finally pop through.

We are heading to NC for Christmas. We are meeting at dh's brother's house. MIL and FIL will be meeting us there as well. I haven't figured out what to get Makenna for Christmas yet. I need to just go to Toys R Us and look around the section for her age to see if I can get any ideas.

The weather is a WARM 80+ degrees here in Florida. It just doesn't seem like Christmas time. I pulled all the Christmas decorations out of the closet and I have the tree up (without any ornaments yet) and I have my Christmas Village up (just bought it the day after Christmas last year on 75% off), but I haven't hung any of my wreaths or organized any of the other Christmas decorations. It's all in a PILE in my livingroom.

Patty -- I know you must be SO excited about going to Spain. How long will you be gone?

Michelle -- I hope you will share the family pictures you get.

Sam -- Snow day? What's that? LOL

December 8th, 2009, 08:28 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ya girlies

Matthew is all of a sudden growing up way too fast. He now can walk 5 or so steps alone before he sits back down to crawl. It seems like every day he lets go and tries to walk more and more. Today he let go of the couch to try and walk to the dog He still has 6 teeth and is weighing in around 23 pounds and a month ago he was 30 inches tall.

He is constantly into everything and it makes it really hard to get on here to post. His first nap of the day he sleeps either on me or cuddled up next to me. I can't play on the laptop because he hears the clicking and refuses to nap....LOL

His second nap is usually a longer more sound one, but I end up trying to get the housework done at that time. I feel like I am going through JM withdrawl some days.

We are still TTC but no luck since the last loss 4 months ago. I am getting tired of TTC being soooo hard for us. I may just throw in the towel soon and just be happy with Matthew being our only child together.

The older kids are all doing good. Stephany is moved out on her own, Jeremy is staying with his dad and working two full-time jobs. Amanda is in 10th grade and busy with cheerleading. Soccer starts again in May so we will really be busy then. Amanda is living with us full-time now. She wasn't happy anymore at her dads (ever...LOL) So we only have Matthew and Amanda at home now.

Krista (Dave's daughter) lives with her mom now. I have no idea what happened between her and Dave but they both claim nothing happened she just would rather stay with her mom. It's frustrating because she has only met Matthew once for about 30 seconds. It hurts...but there isn't a whole heck of a lot I can do about it.

Matthew has been saying Mama for a couple months but just this week started saying Dada too! I think he tries to say Chevy (the dog) but it comes out YaYee.

I still cry every single day when I look at my perfect little man. He just melts my heart....without fail.

We are still nursing, and just got over another nursing strike. He does that to me way too often. It makes for a really really rough couple days when he does it.

I think that's about it for us.......

I will post pics and videos when I get a chance (soon!)

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

December 9th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry guys, I know I said I would be on here more and I haven't been. Okay so..........starting now! J/King. It has been crazy getting ready for baby, Benjamin's been sick, I am in constant pain and barely able to do stuff in the evenings. But enough with the excuses....

Benjamin is just getting over another ear infection. This makes #3. He had an allergic reaction to amoxicillan. He got a rash all over his body. I was ready to take him to the ER but thank God for Grandparents! My Dad told me to take him to the clinic and just get his meds switched, some Benadryl and some Oatmeal bath. Hey I'm a first time Mom - I panic easily. What can you do? And now he has a cold. It just never ends. He is getting to be so big. His vocabulary is HUGE! And he acts like a little teenager now. When you ask him to do something he does the opposite, but he does it with the cutest little grin, it's so hard to be mad! He has suddenly decided that the potty is the enemy so we are halting the potty training for a bit. He has become very needy which scares me a little with the new baby on it's way very soon. I am not sure how I am going to manage two at home but lots of Moms have done it before me and will do it after me so that makes me feel better. And I am hoping to stay home for good now and start up my own home daycare. My cousin has asked me to watch her two little ones.

As for baby #2 - still no name and he will be here anyday. I am having major cramping and pain. Some nights I have to spend hours in the tub to get through it. My OB finally did an ultrasound, bloodwork, and urine to see if something is wrong. She did state for the record that she thinks I am fine and she is only doing it to calm me down. I am close to term but I can't seem to get there fast enough. I wanna be 42 weeks and big and fat!!!! LOL! Sorry those of you that went over due and hated it. Just so sick of feeling scared. I can't wait for this little boy to come. I am totally ready except for packing bags which is my goal for this weekend after almost going to L&D on Monday night. Other then that I am ready.

Okay so plan to hear from me lots from now on! Let's get this board rocking again!
December 9th, 2009, 09:47 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its wonderful to get updates from everyone....good idea, Sam! I think Sacha could have written my update. Juliana is doing very similar things. She sits and I know that she "can" sit for several minutes, but she usually flops to her belly on purpose. She has pushed up to all fours several times too, but doesn't try it too often because she is busy rolling everywhere. Its so fun to watch her go after an object that she wants. We just had her 6 month appointment last week and she weighs 15 1/2 lbs and is about 25 inches long. We decided to try going off her reflux meds, but that didn't last long as she spit up blood again and is back on them. She is starting her first foods and she LOVES it. She has eaten rice cereal and avocado. I'm thinking green beans will be next.

I'm very jealous of the 80 degree weather.....its is 7 F (up from -2 last night) here. I went to Vegas hoping for a bit more warmth, but it was really cold there too! We make a quick trip to the other side of the state for Christmas. It will be busy, but fun.

Happy Holidays everyone!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
December 9th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I love to hear the updates.
Kelly, I can believe that Juliana is already on solids, it seems like it was yesterday when she was born.
Sacha, I will be in Spain for 3 weeks Are you guys flying to NC or driving? About the drooling and teething. The doctor told me that babies tend to start drooling about 3 months, drool forever, then it sort of stops and then at around 6 months it starts again and then to have teeth. So I hope this is the start of a new tooth.
Sabina, you are already 33 weeks!?!?! OMG the baby will be here before we know it.

December 10th, 2009, 10:15 PM
NeeshBoogie's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow, I am so very far out of the loop it's crazy, I pop back in and I see the PALP siggy is ready. Hooray! I don't know how long ago that happened, but now is as good a time as any for an update, as I'll be taking my only two finals Monday and will have a break from school (FINALLY!)

Isaiah is doing well. He's crawling all over the place and getting into any and everything then smiling and laughing like the little charming troublemaker he is. Gotta love him! For a while he was under observation with his doctor, who was concerned about his rate of weight gain, but after two blood tests (which nearly killed me because each time we went for a blood draw he'd fallen asleep at my breast just before we were called in to have a needle stuck in his arm ) and as many weekly visits, the medical staff determined he is neither anemic nor failing to thrive and simply slender like both his parents and unbelievably active. This is, of course, the baby that laughed, crawled, wiggled and babbled the entire time the doctors tried to check his eyes, ears and throat. Such a character.
In the meantime he's eating more solid foods and drinking less milk I don't really want to wean him, but I am letting him decide whether he wants a cup or a boob when I'm around. So far he still prefers the boob, so I'm planning to let him wean himself.
My nephew was born on Christmas a few years ago, so it's become a bit of a tradition to open gifts at my mom's house, and that's what we will do in addition to making the trek all the way out to San Bernardino County to visit my dad, who hasn't seen Isaiah since he was born. Should be fun!

I've missed you all and it's SO good to get to see how everyone has been doing. I'll try to get on more often in between study sessions and such.

Thank you Mod-MommaTrish for my gorgeous siggy!!!

December 11th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Neesh, where do you teach?

December 11th, 2009, 06:24 PM
NeeshBoogie's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitridge View Post
Neesh, where do you teach?
I'm not teaching...yet. I'm trying to get into a nursing program, and the prerequisites were tough! Between working, studying and spending time with Isaiah (who is none-the-wiser from having had my anatomy books read to him twice a week) I've barely found time to eat!

I'm hoping to get into a program at Cal-State Long Beach

Thank you Mod-MommaTrish for my gorgeous siggy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search