Working Moms

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are you juggling working, chores, and spending time with your LO? What's the best piece of advice you would give to a new working Mom?
December 9th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, sometimes I wonder, how I do it. Since I'm BF I get to spend about 1 hr with him in the morning. After I get home from work, I get to spend about 4 hrs before he is asleep. It's hard, I won't lie, but I think I'm a better mom to him this way.
Piece of advise.....I don't know.....maybe enjoy the time that you get to spend with your LO, that time is precious.

December 9th, 2009, 12:43 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Advise for newly working mom....plan ahead. Get everything laid out the night before, like lunches, food for your lo, clothes, ext.... and like patty said, love and enjoy each moment you have with your lo. Take time everyday just to ONLY focus on your lo. It will do you and them loads of good. The Mornings and evenings I spend with Cecil are the best moments of my life.

Last edited by IAMommy; December 9th, 2009 at 12:49 PM.
December 9th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMommy View Post
Advise for newly working mom....plan ahead. Get everything laid out the night before, like lunches, food for your lo, clothes, ext....
That is true, I always done this, because I'm so sleepy in the morning I worry that I will forget something. Good point Sam.

December 9th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How am I juggling chores, working, and spending time with Makenna? Well, not very well, evidently -- I was 45 minutes late to work yesterday, the kitchen is a mess, the house is totally cluttered and the laundry is in a pile on the spare bed. A few weeks ago, Makenna went nearly a week without a bath. I'm not sure anyone wants any advice from me!

Seriously, I think it is the holidays that have gotten the better of me. I agree with Sam, plan everything out the night before. Also, double check (or triple check) the diaper bag before you walk out the door. I also suggest a routine date night with dh (if you are a SAHM or WOOHM).

December 9th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Sacha, I might be a lucky one, dh takes care of the diaper bag, he checks it every morning before he takes Alex to day care.

December 10th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So much awesome advice ladies! You guys are great.

I totally agree with planning ahead. I actually lay out all of our clothes for the week on Sunday night. I make all my lunches on Sunday night for the week too. Planning ahead is a big part for us. DH sprays out the dirty diapers that night and repacks his diaper bag with new ones so we aren't fumbling around in the morning. It still seems hard to get out the door in time with a little one. Some mornings he doesn't feel like putting on his shoes or getting dressed.

We don't get home until 5:30 and Benjamin goes to bed at 7:30-8pm because he needs to be up at 6am to go to daycare. That leaves no time at all for us and at first I was totally depressed about that. I couldn't deal with it. Now I just try to do my best. I spend every minute that he is awake with him. I don't do the dishes after dinner, I don't clean, I don't even watch TV. When we get home in the evening it's his time until he goes to bed. He goes to be pretty early so I still have all that time to do up the dishes, clean, relax, whatever. And quite frankly, that crap can wait (this coming from a clean freak). During the week I need to get as much Benjamin time in as I can. It's the only way I can deal with seeing so little of him.

I think it really helps to have a DH that helps out around the house too. I insisted on DH helping out more when I went back to work. I think he got used to me doing everything when I was off work but he jumped right in when I went back. I couldn't have gotten through being pg, having a LO, and working without him.

Sacha - the date idea is maditory IMO. It is so easy to lose your DH in the daily life. We have just started doing this, especially with another one coming, we find it really helps.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search