SAHM's

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How do you ever find time for yourself? What things have you found help to make sure that you get some quality alone time to do the things that are important to you? What advice would you share with a new SAHM?
December 9th, 2009, 06:36 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a horse that lives at a barn about a mile from our house. I go clean his stall everyday. In the summer I go ride.

My advice to a SAHM is that you will get lonely at first. Its really hard to have no adult interaction during the day. Just get used to taking your kiddo places and forcing yourself to get out. Also, once they are about 3 they can hold up a pretty good conversation. Its not quite the same as adult interaction, but its something.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
December 10th, 2009, 04:34 AM
*Pamela*
Sabina, I try to get all my housework done in the evening so that in the morning after getting my 4 year old off to school, I just have some light things to do. I will break it up with playing with Gabriella. She eats lunch at 11ish and then nurses and then she is off for a nap for 2 hours.

I treasure those 2 hours and do things I like for me or do absolutely nothing. Those are my hours...lol

The reason I do my chores at night is because she is happy to play with her brothers and my husband helps out with the kids too. It just makes it easier and my house is clean.

I mainly enjoy sewing and crafting and if she is happily playing, I will try and squeeze some in then too but that is rare.

You will find a balance that works for you, it may be more difficult having 2 close in age and both home. They start school early here and so Ethanael is gone from 8:50am to 3:20 M-F but I would rather he be home and start school at 5.
December 10th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! Great advice.

I got out early with Benjamin and forced myself to make friends (I am a pretty shy person) and I have a great group of friends now that put their families first and share the same values as me. If I hadn't have forced myself to go out to Mommy and Me stuff and make friends I would have gone mad. Now with baby #2 all of my friends are also expecting or have recently had their 2nd little ones so I am excited to be off for a year with my friends.

I think it will be difficult to stay home and do daycare though. It will be hard to have a job with no adults around. I hope I can still get out and meet up with other Moms that do daycare perhaps.

Pam - I really like your idea of doing housework in the evening when DH is home. I used to do it during Benjamin's naps but now with two, who knows if they will go down together?
December 12th, 2009, 06:04 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Time for myself? What's that? The only time I get alone is when I'm in the shower.....if Tyler's not peeking in the curtain.

December 13th, 2009, 08:05 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom 2 haley & tyler View Post
Time for myself? What's that? The only time I get alone is when I'm in the shower.....if Tyler's not peeking in the curtain.
lol

I do not get much me time....but my mom is here for a few more weeks , and what a difference that has made ! OMG

December 13th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
There is no time for me.....EVER. I know I should be taking time for me, I would probably feel better....

The babies are just shy of 11 months apart. 14 months and 14 weeks....ALL I do is feed one, nurse the other, change diapers X2, babble baby talk, read, sing, bathe...

Im lucky if the littlest babe naps AT THE SAME TIME as the 14 month old. Then the three older ones get home and all chances for a break or me time are gone for that day.

Im taking in the advice too! Good question!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search