Sorry I've been MIA

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2009, 03:24 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Sorry I haven't been around much...and technically since this is my first post in the playroom I should also say "Hi!" since I'm finally joining everyone in here

We've been struggling with general lack of sleep problems...Savannah's been a super active baby since birth (which my mom now helpfully tells me I didn't like to sleep either as a baby...and since DH started sleeping through the night at 3 weeks, guess who Savannah is taking after...) so on a good night we maybe get 1 1/2 hours twice a night.

Making matters worse (much worse from a sleeping perspective) my poor darling girl caught a mild cold Sunday which she's still recovering from....Dr checked her out at her 2 week appt on Tue and wasn't concerned but said it explained why she basically hasn't been able to sleep for days unless we hold her - apparently lying flat on her back or on side is making her breathing more difficult So needless to say we're working on little sleep and I've fallen way behind on JM and everything else too.

Otherwise we're doing fine...Savannah did great at her 2 week check-up...she's now 21 3/4" long (up from 20" at birth) and her weight is now 8lbs 7oz (!!!) which really surprised me since she was 7lbs 14oz at birth but dropped to 7lbs 5oz when we left hospital and was down again to 7lbs 3oz at her 1 week appt. Apparently BFing agrees with her since I had no clue she'd be able to gain over a pound in a week but I was so relieved since I would have been thrilled just to see her back up to birth weight!

Hope everyone is doing great and getting ready to enjoy the holidays with their family....I'll post another update with some new pics hopefully tomorrow (plus post my very overdue birth story).

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
December 9th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lara I missed you!!!!!! I'm sorry that Miss Savannah has a cold and it's been difficult to put her to sleep. Alex did not sleep well for the first few weeks either, it will get better, I promise just hang in there.
Don't you hate that now is the time that your mom (or other family members) very helpfully tells you how horrible you were as a baby?
I'm glad to hear that Savannah is doing great, awesome that BF is going well too. I know how difficult it can be being a new mom, so if you need anything, I'm here.

December 9th, 2009, 06:25 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lara - thanks for checking in with us. Don't worry about going MIA, I think just about everyone here can relate to sleep deprivation. It does get better, I promise. Great job on the weight gain though. I'm glad to hear BF is going so well.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
December 10th, 2009, 04:26 AM
*Pamela*
Yeah, we can all relate to the no sleep, try and nap when she does if you can. I'm so sorry she isn't feeling well and hope she feels better soon. I don't think I ever put Gabriella down the first 2 months.

And wow for the growth spurt! It's so reassuring when bf'g.

Can't wait to hear your birth story and see some pics!
December 10th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Lara!!! We can ALL relate to the no sleep in the beginning. Don't worry about us, just get some sleep and come on whenever you can. Congrats on new little one, she is growing nicely. BFing must be going great for you.
December 12th, 2009, 06:03 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Lara! I hope you get some rest soon. We miss you around here, but completely understand not having time to get on with a little one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search