Cosleepers... can you answer a few questions?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sabina's posting about your favorite time of day with your LO made me think a little more about co-sleeping. Do you mind if I ask those of you who co-sleep some questions?
  1. Do you have a co-sleeper attached to your bed or does your LO just sleep in the middle of the bed?
  2. What size bed do you have?
  3. If your LO is scooting and/or crawling, how do you keep him/her contained?
  4. How long do you plan to (or did you) co-sleep?
  5. Have you co-slept with more than one child?
  6. Do you go to bed as the same time as your LO?
  7. I hope this one is not too personal.... How has co-sleeping affected your intimacy with your DH/SO?
Thanks for your input... The idea sounds intriguing to me, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

December 29th, 2009, 01:15 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
  1. Do you have a co-sleeper attached to your bed or does your LO just sleep in the middle of the bed? She just sleeps in the middle of the bed. We did the same with our older DD.
  2. What size bed do you have? We have a California Kingsize bed
  3. If your LO is scooting and/or crawling, how do you keep him/her contained? By that point with our older DD, she started the night in her crib and came to bed with us during nursing. We still just kept her in the middle of the bed. If she started moving a lot it would wake me up (especially as she usually tried to go over me ) so she never got far.
  4. How long do you plan to (or did you) co-sleep? Our older DD, 2.5, still comes to bed with us most nights by about 2 or 3 .
  5. Have you co-slept with more than one child? Yes.
  6. Do you go to bed as the same time as your LO? Yes. She usually eats about then, so it works nicely. She eats and we both fall asleep!
  7. I hope this one is not too personal.... How has co-sleeping affected your intimacy with your DH/SO? Nope. Just need to get a little more creative with where/when you do it. Actually, it's a little more fun and spontaneous that way, at least for us!

December 30th, 2009, 04:25 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1.Do you have a co-sleeper attached to your bed or does your LO just sleep in the middle of the bed? He sleeps in the middle of our bed - we used a co-sleeper bed in the middle of us at first, but it took up too much room and Cecil out grew it.

2.What size bed do you have? Queen

3.If your LO is scooting and/or crawling, how do you keep him/her contained? Cecil doesn't move at all at night. He snuggles right up to me and stays there the whole night. If I try to move him away, he wiggles right back to me, but that is it. In the AM when he wakes up, if he gets up first he will grab DH or my face and he starts chattering away.

4.How long do you plan to (or did you) co-sleep? I think we are going to transition to a crib and hopefully have cecil in a crib at 9 months.

5.Have you co-slept with more than one child? no, but I will do the same for my future kids

6.Do you go to bed as the same time as your LO? NO, I lay him in his pack-n-play when he falls asleep, then take him to bed with me when I am ready to go to sleep. He is used to it and doesn't wake-up during the transition.

7.I hope this one is not too personal.... How has co-sleeping affected your intimacy with your DH/SO? Well..since you asked LOL, occasionally it puts our intimacy on hold in the AM, but other than that all system are normal.

For me, I think that I love co-sleeping so much because I don't get to spend time with Cecil during the week-days and I miss him so much that I want to be with him as much as possible when I can. That and I love snuggling with him.

DH is supportive too, and that is important, if he wasn't supportive (since it is his bed too) I probably wouldn't do it.
December 30th, 2009, 02:25 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Co-sleeping for me is more about finding a way to get sleep than it is a philosophy. I sleep better WITHOUT her in bed with me....but not if she is screaming next door.... I'll call myself a semi-cosleeper.

1. Do you have a co-sleeper attached to your bed or does your LO just sleep in the middle of the bed? We have an attached co-sleeper, but she would much rather sleep right next to me.

2. What size bed do you have? Queen

3. If your LO is scooting and/or crawling, how do you keep him/her contained? Yes, I worry most about rolling of the bed (Cori did once when she was 2) but since the co-sleeper is still up she stays between me and it.

4. How long do you plan to (or did you) co-sleep? As soon as I can get her to sleep in her crib all night, that's where she will be.

5. Have you co-slept with more than one child? Cori slept in our bed quite a bit too. She still comes in sometimes...but usually only for a short time then goes back to her bed. We don't make a big deal out of it.

6. Do you go to bed as the same time as your LO? No, she starts the night in her crib and usually comes to bed with us at 1 or 2 when she first wakes to eat.

7. I hope this one is not too personal.... How has co-sleeping affected your intimacy with your DH/SO? Maybe a little, but my DH is a shift worker so our schedule is wacky and we often don't go to sleep at the same time anyhow. We adapt .

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
December 30th, 2009, 03:25 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a co-sleeper attached to your bed or does your LO just sleep in the middle of the bed? Right now he sleeps in the middle. We did sidecar a crib to our bed....and it was GREAT for a while. (Google it.... it is a awesome way to get more space) but I got tired of not being able to get out of bed easily and I wanted to have a place for him to sleep safely if I wasn't going to be next to him at all times...so we put the side back on it, but left it in our room.

What size bed do you have? Queen and getting a king very soon.

If your LO is scooting and/or crawling, how do you keep him/her contained? We only have him on the bed if we are in bed and once he wakes up Dave gets up with him.

How long do you plan to (or did you) co-sleep? I have no idea. Once he starts sleeping 6-7 hours we will probably move him to his own room.

Have you co-slept with more than one child? Not at the same time

Do you go to bed as the same time as your LO? No he goes to sleep between 9-11pm and we go to sleep around 1-2am. He sleeps the first stretch in his crib that is in our room. Then when we are ready for bed I just pick him up and dream feed him so I can hopefully get some sleep.

I hope this one is not too personal.... How has co-sleeping affected your intimacy with your DH/SO? In a major way...but not enough that we didn't get pregnant again twice We usually just lay some blankets on the floor and spend some time there. We usually manage to BD about 6-7 times during the week before and after ovulation. Then it seems like neither one of us are interested for two weeks...LOL We aren't young anymore anyways....and neither one of us really "need" it that much anymore. Most nights we would rather just smile at Matthew sleeping between us.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search