toddler beds...questions for btdt moms

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2010, 11:12 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I am confused ! I like the idea of a super cute bed for Katie, but...you know it is the same mattress...which I think is a big problem with her. Put her on someone else's bed or couch and she is OUT !
I have also read some moms just put the mattress on the floor, or even use an air mattress before going to a real bed.

I have a brand new raised air mattress that I am thinking about using for her when it is time....soon I am thinking!

any thoughts? ideas? experiences?
thanks Ladies !

January 9th, 2010, 12:31 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here is my advice: leave her in the crib until you feel it is dangerous to do so anymore (ie she can climb out). I think lots of people make the switch too soon. I love having a toddler bed for Cori, but Cori is VERY short and will probably be in it for a long time. So it is worth the $ for us. With Katie being so tall, she may outgrow the toddler bed quickly. Cori's bed takes a fair amount of abuse, despite my efforts to stop it (jumping, etc) so an air mattress wouldn't work for us. If you decide not to do the toddler bed, I think a twin mattress on the floor or on a boxspring with one of those bedrail things would be best.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
January 11th, 2010, 09:14 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
thanks Kelly !

my girl is very tall...lol....and she loves to jump. It drives me nuts when she does it in the crib
she is always bumping her head at night since she tends to end up sideways in the crib and she is just too long to fit ! so she often wakes up from that. Sometimes I have to move her while she is asleep to avoid the nighttime "squish"!

I am think the mattress on the floor is what we will do when it is time.
thanks for your input !

January 13th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
For Erin at first I just took the side off the crib with the mattress on the lowest setting, which is how it "converts" to a toddler bed. Then for her birthday we got her a twin mattress on the floor. She loves it. We'll get her a bed stand eventually, but for now it's great.

January 13th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We had a toddler bed. it looked great...they never used it. They would lay down and about 30 seconds later we'd hear the pitter patter of little feet...running to our room. Robbie was the only one we put right into a bed and it worked AWESOME! It was a low bed (part of a bunk set) and he would stay in it until we'd come and get him out. He couldn't jump on it. If he did, he'd slam his head into the top bunk He's still in that bed.

January 18th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great advise ladies. I found it very helpful as we wondering the same thing. Thanks!
January 19th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I am not going to bother with a toddler bed for this one... I had Gaby in one for a few weeks, but it was more hassle than it was worth.. it wasn't really big enough for her, and i think it just felt like her cot (because her cot converted to a toddler bed). When we moved into this place (Gaby was ummm 1y10m), I put her straight into a single bed & had NO trouble with it, at all! Minus the fact it made me cry to see her in a big girl bed

You can buy the safety rails for single beds, and i used one of them with Gaby, did the trick perfectly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search