Cecil is Sick AGAIN!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2010, 01:51 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He has an ear infection and Brochiolitis (RSV)

He had a fever starting Friday PM, and a little cough...I though that it was his teeth bothering him, but as the weekend progressed he got worse and worse. He whimpered & cried in his sleep all night last night and by this morning he just coughed and coughed and coughed.

The Dr gave us strick instructions to watch that his mouth doesn't turn a blueish color or that his chest doesn't get sunk in or that he has very rapid breathing. If we see any of those we are supposed to take him to the ER ASAP. He is on a nebulizer every 4 hours and anitbotics. The Dr. said that it could take a while for him to kick this thing...up to a month to loose the cough! UGH!!! My poor little baby.

Last edited by IAMommy; January 11th, 2010 at 04:13 PM.
January 11th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh SAm....RSV is nasty! Joey and Robbie both had it. And, it was awful. The nebulizer treatments definitely help. But, it's soooo hard to hear your little one breathing and coughing like that. Luckily, you caught it and he's being taken care of so that he can get better. He'll be on the priority list for flu shots for many years

I hope he feels better soon. Give him a big squeeze from me. And, KUP as to how he's doing! I'm soooo sorry he's so sick poor little guy.

January 12th, 2010, 04:25 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those Nebulizer Treatments work wonders!! Cecil's breathing is sooo much better after he has a treatment, but....for those mom's that have BTDT, did your dr give your lo an adult dose of albuteral?? Cecil is WIRED after a treatment, and I know he still doesn't feel good, but he just goes and goes and goes until he falls down exausted.
January 12th, 2010, 06:32 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor little guy! He can't seem to catch a break! Hopefully, he will kick it quicker than expected. I've done nebulizer treatments with my nephew and he was higher-than-a-kite afterward.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
January 12th, 2010, 09:00 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm sorry poor Cecil is so sick Sam. I hope he gets better soon. The nebulizer is wonderful. I had to use one on Haley before Tyler was born. Tyler has already used it also. It kind of makes Tyler space out for a while.

January 12th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry Cecil is so sick. I really hope he gets better soon.
January 17th, 2010, 09:29 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
we have a nebulizer ...and albuterol made Katie a little wired also.
we used in when she had pneumonia and more recently when she developed a cold and then croup.

I know this may sound weird...but try some Vicks on his feet when he goes to bed too (with socks)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search