anyone potty training yet ?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2010, 10:14 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
if so how is it going?

for BTDT moms any words of wisdom ?

January 15th, 2010, 12:08 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am happy to be NOT potty training right now. Cori has been in underwear during the day for awhile now, but has just recently started staying dry all night. Hooray!

I'll probably start at about a year with Ana, just like I did with Cori. We were very lucky and Cori stopped pooping in diapers at about 14 months (she must not have liked the feel). I'm hoping that will happen again !

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
January 15th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Katie was doing pretty good...now she prefers to wear the pot on her head

January 15th, 2010, 05:36 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yes, potty training makes for some great stories that should probably only be shared with other parents (everyone else gets grossed out). Like the time that my husband was on the phone and Cori came out and handed him something. He was distracted and took it before he realized she had just handed him a turd. She was so proud of herself that she had gone on the potty!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
January 15th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
LOLOLOL!!! oh dear, gotta love the poop stories.

Erin acts so ready sometimes, but when I actually try, she refuses. I get frustrated and then she gets frustrated, so I'm putting it on the back burner for the moment.

She gets the peeing=potty idea, but not that she should go to get on the potty BEFORE she pees.

January 16th, 2010, 04:56 AM
*Pamela*
Alex was so easy to potty train but Ethanael was so much harder. Someone once said that girls are easier.

Ethanael was 3 when he was completely trained and then after Gabriella was born he started peeing the bed at night. We're just now to the point where he is good at night but still has accidents some times. He is 4 1/2! I'm just happy that we are making progress. I make sure that he has to get undressed when he does it (he hates the feeling) and he has to help me clean up the bedding. I don't get upset with him, does not good, just offer positive reinforcement when he is dry. Example, he can only play on daddy's I Phone when he has been dry all night. He's been doing so great that he has been on it just about every day!

I'm so happy I don't have any potty stories, although Kelly, that is to funny about giving daddy her proud turd!!!
January 18th, 2010, 08:38 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Haley was 4 before she was totally trained. She is so hard headed she would never try until she was ready.

January 18th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Benjamin started out great then suddenly refused to go on it. It's ok though, I'm going to wait until Jacob is older then start trying again. I just don't have the time to be consistent right now.
January 18th, 2010, 08:14 PM
cherryblossom88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
its hard!! reagan was totally trained, ever since sakura was born she has been going back and forth
Reagan 8/8/06
Sakura 8/24/09
Amaryea 11/18/10

January 19th, 2010, 03:51 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kelly and Dee...those stories are priceless!!! Great giggle this morning.

Dee - I hope Katie takes to the potty and it is an easy transition.
January 19th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
We're finished.... yayyyy lol. She's still having night time nappies, but that's fine with me...

Biggest piece of advice is to not rush the little one - let them lead the way. If you try to force them to potty train, the most likely thing that'll happen, is that they'll regress somewhat, and it will take even longer to do....

January 19th, 2010, 01:03 PM
we are just going to take a break for a bit...my mom goes back to NJ Sunday....I will try again in a few weeks...I will need a diversion with mom being gone !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search