Traveling for Work

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2010, 01:06 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to Travel to New Jersey for work in a few weeks and I am NOT looking forward to it. In fact it is freaking me out a little bit. AND I DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE CECIL!!!!!!

The last time I had to travel for work, I found out that I lost Isaac and Avery. I woke-up in my hotel room in Chicago bleeding.

I am afriad that I will freakout when Traveling. I have been avioding it for almost 2 years now. I know that sounds like a long time, but for me, it still feels like yesterday. I think I will be OK as long as I am busy, but sleeping and being alone in the hotel room will make me really anxious.

Last edited by IAMommy; January 21st, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
January 21st, 2010, 01:35 PM
*Pamela*
I'm so sorry hun. I would take lots of family pics to keep in your room and something special to keep in your purse.

I can understand the way you feel and just because you had a loss in the past doesn't mean it goes away.

How long do you have to go?
January 21st, 2010, 02:13 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry...I had to edit my post - I didn't want to keep reading what happened, it just makes me sad.

I will be gone for 4 days. Feb 21 - Feb 24. I HATE leaving Cecil and I have no idea how I am going to store up that much BM between now and then. I might also have to go to Chicago for the week of Feb 15 - Feb 19th.

I think that they have been waiting until Cecil got older to ask me to Travel, which is nice of them, but I am still not ready - I don't think I will ever be "Ready" to leave my family.
January 21st, 2010, 03:00 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry Sam. I can totally understand your anxiety. The good news is Cecil has a terrific daddy who will take wonderful care of him and give him plenty of extra snuggles. This is actually a pretty good age as far as his emotions because the "out of sight, out of mind" still tends to hold. Juliana was totally fine when I went to Vegas, but started crying and reaching for me the second I walked in the door.

Can you take a laptop with a camera and do video calls?

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
January 21st, 2010, 03:09 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam, I'm sorry they are making you travel and that you will have to leave Cecil. I have a suggestion, do you have a laptop that you can take with you, if you do skype with him, that will make you feel closer to home and he can still see mommy.
About BM, well if you have a fridge them it's no problem, put them in bags instead of bottles that way it will be easier to carry them back.

January 22nd, 2010, 07:21 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
HOney, I'm so sorry you have to go. I hope the time will fly by for you. I don't have any good suggestions, just wanted to let you know I'll be thinking of you.

January 22nd, 2010, 05:23 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm really sorry that you have to go through this. I hope you can find something you keep yourself busy in the hotel room so it's easier on you. I can totally understand how you feel.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search