Finally! An update on us & Savannah's 2 month appt *PIC HEAVY*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2010, 07:40 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Wow, I keep thinking I can grab 15 mins to come online and catch up....but somehow it never happens But I'm making use of Savannah's decision to fall asleep early tonight to finally get on here and update everyone on how we're doing...

So she's 2 months old - it's almost unbelievable that it's been that long since she was born (sometimes it does feel like yesterday). I'm still BFing her (yay me!) and apparently it agrees with her because she amazed us all at her 2 month pedi appt on Tue....she's a BIG girl....like 24" and 12lbs 12oz BIG...which apparently puts her in the 95% for height and weight Her pedi joked he wouldn't have recognized her at all except that he knew her parents And we've moved her to size 2 diapers and 3-6month sized clothes this week (unreal!).

And Savannah made her parents super happy by sleeping all the way until 4:30am this morning (yes, like 6 whole hours!!) but before we bust out the champagne in celebration, we'll wait to see if it was just a side effect from the vaccines she got at the dr appt, since they did seem to make her both sleepier and less hungry...hmmm...but we can hope right?

Only issue we're still struggling with is that poor baby girl continues to have some terrible gas/stomach pains...Mylicon does nothing for them, so our pedi has us trying a baby probiotic...should know within a week whether it's helping or not (if not we have to call dr office for another appt to reassess).

Since I've been bad about posting, I'm including tons of pics...the first bunch are some of the other pics from her newborn photo shoot I never got around to sharing...and the rest are recent, so you can appreciate the size difference

Pics from NB Photoshoot:

Recent Pics (8wks old):

This is officially 1st big smile captured on camera

Rockin the Tummy Time!

After 2 month Dr appt + vax shots (sooo sleepy)

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
January 21st, 2010, 07:47 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
She is so adorable! I've been wondering if you'd abandoned us. Glad to hear from you!

January 21st, 2010, 10:02 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness, she is huge! I don't mean that in a bad way....I just can't believe how much she has grown. Good job on the breastfeeding....it's working! If I could go back in time and hire your newborn photographer, I totally would. Those pictures are wonderful. I hope they find something to help her tummy troubles. Thanks for checking in, we miss you!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
January 22nd, 2010, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's not the same baby.LOL
She is big and so beautiful.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

January 22nd, 2010, 07:18 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Lara! She's beautiful. I'm glad she is doing so well. I hope the probiotics help her tummy. I love the pics

January 22nd, 2010, 08:18 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I missed you girl, I do know that feeling that you might get 10-15 for yourself but suddenly something happens. Love the pictures!
WOW she is a big girl, Alex at 11 months he still in size 3 diapers and not moving out of those anytime soon I'm glad you are BF, are you pumping? I haven't seen you the pumping board in a while....When are you going back to work?
Alex had the same gas problem, it will get better after 3 months, we just gave him gas drops, have you tried a massage? Have you tried changing your diet? I noticed that citrus, tomato sauce, broccoli gave him more gas.

January 22nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitridge View Post
I'm glad you are BF, are you pumping? I haven't seen you the pumping board in a while....When are you going back to work?
Alex had the same gas problem, it will get better after 3 months, we just gave him gas drops, have you tried a massage? Have you tried changing your diet?
YAY Patty's back from Spain!!!! Do you have a post where you gave us the details on your trip???

I am still pumping, although it often feels like it's hopeless...my body seems to make just enough milk for what she needs and even when the supply increases she just gobbles it up (as evidenced by her weight!). So I've managed to freeze only maybe 32oz or so, which is really depressing....I'm lucky if I can stash 3-4oz every other day, and to do it I usually end up having to give her an ounce or two of formula...SIGH...possibly now that we're past her big 6 wk growth spurt I'll be able to stash more?

I go back to work in 5 weeks (March 1) but am hoping to do 1/2 days for a week or two to make sure Savannah's adjusting ok to daycare (or more like I'm adjusting ok to her being in daycare )

We have tried massaging Savannah (both tummy & back, and bicycle legs) and it helps a little, but I'm horrified by how much pain she seems to be in. She'll be just twisted up almost fetal and shrieking in pain - sometimes for hours - until she's able to pass the gas and then it's like flipping a switch and she'll fall asleep. I cut out dairy & onions about a month ago when I read in one of my BF books that they are the most likely suspects when baby has bad gas...but the Pedi told me on Tue I can work dairy back in, he thinks while she might be mildly lactose intolerant that it's not a milk allergy...he's hoping the probiotics work for her...I'm not quite sure what the next step is if they don't though

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
January 22nd, 2010, 02:46 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hang in there
32oz is not bad, I did not have much of a freezer stash until I came back to work, so you are doing good.
The gas problem is very hard to see them suffer so much, it will pass, just in there a big longer. Alex would cry for hours and hours, it broke my heart.

oh and I did not post anything about the trip. I will tell you all about it

January 22nd, 2010, 05:19 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful pics! She is adorable, thanks for sharing. Hope you find out what is causing her pain soon, it's sound aweful.
January 28th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ahhhhhh! She is GORGEOUS! I am so glad you updated us! I've been thinking about you. She's getting so big so fast. How can you resist that little face? A better question would be...How can DADDY resist that face?!?!?! I hope you're doing great. The tummy pain sounds just like what Mr. Max would do. He'd grunt and wriggle in pain. They put him on Zantac twice a day and mylicon 12-13 times a day. It worked. He became a different baby I hope the probiotics work. KUP and keep in touch.

January 29th, 2010, 12:54 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is such a cutie! All the pictures are great.
Too funny, we have the same carseat and swing (Alexa doesn't like the swing)
Anyway, its great to hear from you and to see that you and Savannah are doing so well.

January 29th, 2010, 10:01 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is absolutely beautiful!! Also, I will keep my fingers crossed that the 4:30am wake time was not a fluke for you. By the way, Hayden started sleeping 6 hrs straight right around this time.

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
January 29th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
She is so sweet!!!

February 1st, 2010, 01:07 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Stalking you from PAL because I wanted Savannah photos

She is so precious! And getting so big so fast!

I hope the gas problem goes away soon. Please KUP when you can!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search