Not rolling

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It seems every baby in my PR is rolling except Norah, she can't tolerate tummy time(they did diagnose her with GERD and gave her Zantac yesterday). I tried tummy time today and all she did was cry she had tears so after 2 minutes I picked her up.
I know the boys were older when they rolled but they were 5 and 7 wks early where Norah was late.LOL

tell me there's nothing to worry about since she's not even 4 months yet(will be Saturday).

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

January 27th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There is nothing to worry about. Makenna rolled over the first time just before 4 months. (I never saw it, I just found her in her crib after she had rolled over). Even though she rolled that one time, it took her close to a month to roll over again. Makenna is now 7 months and I know so many moms who say their kids roll everywhere to get around (before they crawl). Makenna has never used rolling as a means of travel.

Every baby is different. Norah will roll when she is ready. In the meantime, enjoy every little bit of her infancy now... we all know how quickly they grow up.

PS... I love your PR banner. So cute!

January 27th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't worry, Alex was 7 months before he master rolling over He hated tummy time at first we would pick him up after a couple of minutes. Then the doctor told me that it did not matter how much he cried, to leave him cry and he got use to it

January 27th, 2010, 09:54 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Thayden hates tummy time also, so i'm sure he will roll late, as where the girls loved tummy time and rolled over really early

January 27th, 2010, 10:09 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't worry about it AT ALL. Alexa is over a month older than Norah and I have only seen her roll over twice.
She did it from her back to her tummy and ONLY when I put a toy just over her right shoulder out of reach. When I put the toy over her left shoulder she didn't roll at all, thinking she may end up being left handed.

January 28th, 2010, 02:24 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
kara rolled at 4 months but then stopped a few days later! now she will roll onto her side and then scream until you actually turn her!
she hates tumy time with a passion and always has!
certainly nothing to worry about though hun

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
January 28th, 2010, 03:52 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think that Norah is perfectly normal. Don't worry to much about what your PR ppl are telling you...I think that sometimes ppl exagerate a little bit in their posings. Cecil didn't roll over until he was almost 5 months and it was from back to front first. It took a couple more weeks until he rolled from front to back.

at 7 months he started doing the army crawl - and NOW - He is sitting himshelf up, pulling himself up to standing and walking along the couch (he is not yet 9 months!!)

so don't worry too much about not rolling yet - she is perfectly ok. Plus it is an extra bonus for you - you don't have to chase after her yet lol.
January 28th, 2010, 05:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Even BTDT I still worry. I just needed others to tell me not to worry. Norah prefers to be sitting she will use my fingers to pull herself in a sitting position.

True I have one child that stays where I put them the boys sure don't anymore.LOL

January 28th, 2010, 05:23 AM
*Pamela*
Here's a good one to make you feel better. Gabriella still doesn't roll and she is 14 months. She has done it once around 5 months and that is it. If you lay or down or she ends up on her back, she will just lay there and not even try.

However, she is doing everything else. She just took her first steps a few days ago. She also didn't crawl until 11 months but did what I called the spider move.

Gabriella is a bit later doing things but she is a flat out lazy baby but she is doing what she should be.

I know its hard not to worry but those milestone timelines are just a guideline and as hard as it is, don't compare your baby. Most of the babies in my playroom started walking early but there are some still not walking so it's just a guideline.
January 28th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So many worries when they are this age! Benjamin didn't ever really roll a lot. He did it once, then never really did it again. He never used it as a means of travel. I can hardly even remember him rolling much. Once he learned to sit up he was content to just sit and play nicely, never really wanting to move anywhere. Every baby is different and Norah is still pretty young to worry yet. I would give it a few more months before worrying.
January 28th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Erin rolled maybe 5 or 6 times at all before Patrick started rolling (and then it was a game for her to roll with him). She also never really crawled. lol Every baby is different.

January 28th, 2010, 08:54 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its so hard to keep from comparing them to one another, but it usually does cause undue worry. My nephew took a long time to push up, to roll, to stand, etc. Once he did, though, look out! The only one that we had to compare him to was Cori, who (we realize now) did everything really early. My latest silly "worry" is that Juliana doesn't really say much. She is SO focused on walking, though. That and she always has a pacifier in her mouth. So I'm going to start weaning off the binky during the day and talking to her more. Maybe you can focus on things that will build core strength in Norah....like sitting, etc.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
January 28th, 2010, 01:01 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
do not worry at all....I don't think Katie was much of a roller either now that I think about it.
Babies go at their own pace, before you know it Norah will be mobile then look out ! lol

as far as tummy time....Katie HATED it !!!!!! she would tolerate a few minutes but that was it....before I know it she was sitting up, its like we skipped all of that "suggested guideline stuff"
our kids are individuals not textbooks....so don't worry mama !!!

January 28th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sitting is her main thing. She can tripod for about 30 seconds now and can turn herself in the exsersaucer.

Kellyanne, I worried about Jon not talking much once he started walking(because Nick stopped talking at 2) but once he mastered walking he has not stopped talking.LOL

I try to remember that it's like the other day everyone was talking about how much their babies Laugh and Norah only laughs maybe twice a week but she's smiling and cooing all the time, so that I'm not worried about.

January 28th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Max hates being on his tummy. He's over four months now (I can't believe it) and he doesn't have any interest in rolling over. He's going in for his 4m check tomorrow. I'll ask.

January 29th, 2010, 10:13 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Please don't worry. Especially since you say she can't tolerate tummy time. It's funny, we all know not to compare, but I think worrying is just a part of motherhood. I'm sure Norah will be rolling all over the place pretty soon and you'll wonder what you ever were worrying about.

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search