childcare...part time/ inlaw vent...long..lol

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2010, 10:10 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I am looking into part time care for Katie....searching all over...centers,churches...
I do not NEED it, but it would be good for her a few hours 1 or 2 days a week.
It was so nice having my mom here when I needed to go out and run errands, she LOVES spending time with Katie...
asking My MIL has become somewhat of a pain...always strings attached....LONG STORY..
like today...Mick and I have LOTS of errands ,and are still waiting for a call from my mil...
it has been postponed 2x's already,(my fil insisted that her car go in the shop TODAY to get fixed,minor issue is has had for months...see where I am going with the inlaw thing???)

and I have to be home by 3 since I baby sit for a friend's kids from 3:30- 7 pm !

I am sick of it....my inlaws barely see her....they are spiting themselves.
my mom lost her job to be here last year for Katie....anyway...

for those who have child care for your LO'S....where did you find it? is it in home? day care?
at someone's house?

any tips would be appreciated!

sorry for the long winded vent !

February 1st, 2010, 12:27 PM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dee - Alexa is in fulltime daycare right now while I work.
Maybe you should look into local churches. There is a Presbyterian (sp?) church down the street that does Mother's Day out once a week. I know that when I was little my mom would use it.
Or if you are part of a play group with other moms you could start a babysitting co-op. I was part of one of those a few years back. Every time you babysit you earn hrs etc. It was a really neat idea, we would meet once a month just us moms and go through our calendars for the following month.
Good luck!

February 1st, 2010, 12:40 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry your MIL is being such a witch. My MIL just left and let's just say I couldn't be any happier. I am so glad she lives so far away and only visits once a while.

Anyway, back to the real issue - daycare. We first took Benjamin to a home daycare run by a mother that did work at a daycare in the past and had her ECE training and was all organized and looked amazing. Benjamin hated it, and it got to the point where my doctor suggested changing daycares. We found a lady that was just a mom, she had never done daycare but was quitting her job to stay home with her kids. She was wonderful and Benjamin loved her and I was SO sad to take him out when Jacob came but we can't afford it. She is still coming to some of our play groups so Benjamin can still see her and thank God for that! He adores her and I couldn't picture her not a part of his life. My point is - you will know when it is the right person for Katie. Don't focus so much on if it's a centre or a home daycare or anything like that. Focus on how you feel about it and how Katie reacts. And trust our instincts! I can't tell you how many ppl thought I was overreacting when I wanted to take Benjamin out of the first daycare just because he cried a lot, but I knew something was wrong. Trust your mommy instincts and just watch Katie, you will know where and with whom she feels comfortable.
February 1st, 2010, 12:49 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to agree with Sabina a 100%. I like where Alex is now because 1. It's cheaper. 2. she's a mom of 3 kids, so she knows how to take of a kid. Now, you girls know that I had problems with her in the past but Alex loves being there. He's always so happy and her kids adore Alex. It will be sad to take him out of there so that he can start going to a real day care, but it's something we want to do.

February 1st, 2010, 09:12 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lots of our daycares around here only take kids full-time or part-time, so that they are not wasting a "spot". If you find that to be the case where you live, another mom or an in-home care might work better. Hope you can find something that will work great for you....and if MIL wants to be that way, its really her loss. How sad, though.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
February 2nd, 2010, 10:41 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
thank you for all of your input ladies !
FIL seems to be leading the way with her...but shame on her for following!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search