Took Ana to the ped this morning...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2010, 11:17 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She has been doing this weird movement lately. Its almost like the movement you would make when you get a chill or eat something sour, a shudder. There is a "worst-case scenario" called infantile spasms that is a bad bad condition....but doc is not worried about that and neither am I (I found video of babies with it on youtube and it doesn't look like what she is doing at all). The doc thinks it is either a tic, which she would likely grow out of, or a learned behavior that she is using for attention. It seemed odd to me that she would do that, but the doc reminded me of Cori's breath-holding spells which were the same type of thing.
We also expressed concern over that fact that she is not babbling. She is very social and makes noise, but they are usually either screeches or throaty sounds. He checked her ears and told us that she does have quite a bit of fluid on her ear drums and probably is not hearing very well (we probably sound like we are under water). He wants to give it another month to fix itself before acting, though, because research shows that babies who are speech delayed up to 9 months catch up just fine. If her ears still look bad next month, we start talking about tubes. My poor darling.....she has reflux/milk allergy, a tic, and can't hear! Keep your fingers crossed she starts to outgrow ALL of these things soon!

On a positive note, she is ahead of the game physically. She can let go of the couch and stand for over a minute. She is soooo close to taking a step!
ETA: She gained 12 oz since I started my new diet.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008

Last edited by kellyanne; February 4th, 2010 at 11:22 AM.
February 4th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kelly,

Ana is really keeping you on your toes, isn't she. I'm so impressed with your attitude... you take it all in stride. I hope all of these issues take care of themselves without further intervention.

I started to get worried because Makenna wasn't babbling either. Then, just in the last two days, she has started babbling. In fact, last night she was sitting in her high chair after she had eaten dinner and she kept going "da da da da da da da". She would mimic me, except I kept saying "ma ma ma ma ma ma ma" and she would respond back with "da da da da da da da". It was so cute. DH absolutely loved it. I tried to get it on video, but of course as soon as I brought the camera out she got all quiet.

Keep us posted on hw Ana progresses.

February 4th, 2010, 12:20 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I do hope the issue with her ears is resolved easily!
poor little thing! Katie made growling noises for the longest time, and then the babbling started, I really would not be concerned about that at all.

every baby develops at their own pace....just wait til she starts! I bet there will be no stopping her chattering away!

February 4th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm pretty sure she will grow out of the milk allergy, all I read about it it's that when they get to a year most babies grow out of it. I wouldn't worry about the babbling, like you said most babies that don't catch up pretty quick.
And OMG she's almost ready for her fist step!!!!!
I just wanted to say that I love your attitude towards everything. I honestly want to say "I wish I had your attitude", you are awesome.

February 4th, 2010, 06:46 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
seriously, can I borrow some of your calm mommy attitude too?? I'm sure she'll outgrow the milk allergy (my baby brother had a nasty allergy to milk too, but today drinks gallons of it) and hopefully the tic is just a passing thing and the ears clear up on their own. I absolutely LOVED the pic you had of Ana in the watch me grow thread...I can't believe how well she's standing! You're definitely going to have an early walker there....

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 5th, 2010, 09:54 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh WoW - She is ahead physically!! Already standing without assistance - she is going to take off soon. and YAY for the great weight gain!!!

I hope her tick and her ears clear up soon. You all have been through soo much already. The other girls are right - you have an amazing attitude, and are such a good mom.
February 5th, 2010, 11:48 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much for your support, ladies! I must come across as much more "calm" than I actually am.....I'm a big time googler (which the docs love LOL). My only saving grace is a biology degree and the ability to read some medical speak and to look at the stuff I read objectively. Of course, my correct self-diagnosis of OC when I was pregnant only reinforced my habit! Dh and I were talking this morning about how we were pretty spoiled with Cori since we rarely had to worry about her development. She did everything early. Juliana is such a different story. She is proof that being a BTDT mom doesn't get you that far. Of course, I always have to remember, "it could be much worse". She has a few issues, but she is a beautiful and delightful child. Thanks again everyone, I'll keep you updated.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
February 6th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I am late to respond. I am just amazing that she is standing already and almost walking - that is awesome!! And her weight gain is amazing. Way to go!
February 9th, 2010, 04:53 AM
*Pamela*
I'm sorry for missing this too. I hope Ana outgrows it quickly so you don't have to worry. I also hope that the fluid goes away too.

I wouldn't worry about babbling. Some babies just talk more than others. My first 2 talked constantly.....and still do. Gabriella has been a bit late doing everything, including babbling. She is doing it now but not a lot of words. I know she will be fine.

And WTG for standing up...!!!!
February 9th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How's Ana doing?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search