Patty

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2010, 05:17 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
happy belated birthday to Alex!! How was his birthday?? Any pics to share? I can't believe all of our Feb '09 babies are already a year old...sheesh, time really DOES fly!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 9th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Lara
Well we are pretty lame parents, we didn't throw him much of a party. I did not see a point on doing since he has no idea what's going on. We don't have much family here and don't know many people with kids, so it was just family. We did get him his own cake, he did not know what to do with it (I should of brought the dog in to help him figured out what to do with the cake ). Anyway, I do have tons of pictures but they are still on the camera, as soon as dh gets them out of the camera I will post some.
How's my sweet Savannah doing? Need some pictures.

February 9th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Don't feel bad, we're planning much the same for Savannah's first....only thing I'm interested in is getting the classic "icing all over the face" pic...and I'm not above smushing it on her face to get it

We moved Savannah into her crib over the weekend b/c she flung herself into the side of her cradle so hard it left a red mark on her forehead (and scared the heck out of me & DH)...the difference between how she looks in cradle vs crib is funny though:

Big Fish in Little Pond:

Little Fish in Big Pond:

And a happy Savannah pic just for Patty:

Savannah Stylin!

February 9th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Ohh look at my little princess, I mean your little princess. She's so cute. Aww poor thing...... Be proud at least she is sleeping on her crib. Alex is still sleeping with us and I am afraid that he won't go back to his crib.
How's bf going?

February 9th, 2010, 08:29 AM
BFing is going great...I was marveling yesterday at how much easier it gets when they're a little older - when she was newborn latching and everything could be a production...now as long as you get her face in the general direction she'll do all the hard work

When I started I thought I'd be amazed if I made it to 6 months (my goal) and figured 3 months would be more likely....now I'm fast approaching 3 months and 6 months seems feasible (assuming pumping goes well when I return to work) and I could even see me going beyond 6 months...although I am SO tired of leaking, definitely the worst part of BFing.

How long do you plan to BF Alex? A year is awesome...and I'm using you as my inspiration since you've managed to do it while working

I should have added on the cradle & crib...I have yet to move her into her room...we (ok DH ) disassembled the crib and reassembled it in our room. I'm planning on keeping her with us until at least 6 months since they recommend that for SIDS prevention...but really b/c otherwise I'd just be up all night watching the monitor

Savannah Stylin!

Last edited by L-SBB; February 9th, 2010 at 08:31 AM.
February 9th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-SBB View Post

How long do you plan to BF Alex? A year is awesome...and I'm using you as my inspiration since you've managed to do it while working
I'm hardly an inspiration, but thanks for the complement .
I'm planning to drop a pump in the next couple of weeks, eventually I will drop the second pump of the day and then the third.....and I will still BF in the morning and at night, I'm thinking that he won't want to BF pass 18 months, but he'll see what happens....

February 12th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope this isnt a private conversation Im intruding on

Just wanted to say Happy Birthday Alex and I can't wait to see pics.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search