Sam....IAMommy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2010, 12:09 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Sam,

Just posting to check in on how Cecil is doing. I really hope everything is ok...

February 15th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam- I'm checking too. Did you guys go for a second opinion? What did they say? Keep us update. I'm thinking about you guys. Tons of HUGS

February 16th, 2010, 05:01 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for checking in with us...Cecil is doing OK. I am going back to work today, but we are not taking him back to daycare yet. He is going to stay with my SIL during the day for now so that she can keep a close eye on him.

We did take him for a 2nd opinion, and in the end, he recomended the same treatment path that we are already on.

Cecil is still not eating well, and now it is showing in his growth...He had lost weight and he seems to stalled on his height too (it actually showed that he was shorter, so I'm not sure what to think of that) The plan is to see if his eating habits return to normal once the iron is in his system for a while. We go back for a check-up in one month and we will get his blood re-drawn at that time too.

Sorry, I know that I am writing a long saga here, but it really has been alot for us to process this last week or so.

I will say that Cecil has been a trooper though all of this. He is such am amazing little man. He always all smiles, and he just wants to have as much fun as he possibly can He is still very much a mama's boy, but he is discovering daddy more and more now. He tries to immitate travis sometimes and it is sooo funny to watch. If Travis is playing a video game, we just give cecil a controller too and he will sit a watch TV while shaking the controller up and down and talking to us and the TV - it is hillarious to watch!
February 16th, 2010, 08:58 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Sam, I haven't been on for a while, but wanted to let you know that you, Travis, and Cecil are in my t&p. I hope everything gets better soon for Cecil. I'm glad he's being such a trooper. That's a great thing! I hope going back to work isn't too hard on you and I'm glad your SIL can watch him for a while for you. Please KUP. Know that I'm always thinking of you and Cecil.

February 16th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Sam, I am so sorry that you guys have to go through this....I'm happy to see that Cecil is still being a such a trooper, it seems that they can take more than we think. I know he is eating solids, are you giving him any meat yet? A doctor told us to give him dark meat that it has a lot of iron.
You are doing great, you are such a great mommy and you are so strong, Cecil is a very lucky kid that has such amazing parents. Hang in there, I know he will get better, and will start eating better soon.
Tons of HUGS to you guys and a big kiss to Cecil.

February 16th, 2010, 09:50 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sam, I am so glad he is feeling better. It breaks my heart to hear about all he has been through. KUP on his progress.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
February 18th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Sam, I'm just wanted to check and see how Cecil is doing and how you and Travis are doing as well. I hope Cecil is feeling better.

February 18th, 2010, 09:32 AM
*Pamela*
Just popping in to see how he is. What a trooper you do have and that has to do with his great mommy and daddy.

keeping you all in my heart
February 18th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Poor thing,, It just might take a few days weeks before he might show progress, But I agree those Iron counts are really low..I rememeber when I took Kaetlin in for her WIC appointment and they drew her blood and got a 10 reading and was worried . I could not imaginea 6.. Bless his little heart.... Hang in there mom....
February 18th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww it just breaks your heart when they are so happy even through all that he has been through. I hope things start to get better soon for him. I will keep praying for him and keep us updated.
February 19th, 2010, 04:59 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I have not been on here to update much this week. I don't know if you remember, but I am leaving for New York this Sunday - and I am NOT very happy about having to leave right now. I have been busy packing, playing with Cecil and trying to get stuff together at work.

Cecil is doing better. He still has problems with eating, but his color is starting to come back Thank goodness. I am taking that to mean that the supplements we are giving him are starting to work. He still seems to get tired easily, but it has only been a week - this isn't something that you can fix overnight.

I will try to up-date more next week if I can. Have a good Weekend!
February 19th, 2010, 08:23 AM
*Pamela*
Thanks so much for an update. Glad to hear he is doing a bit better and on the road to getting where he needs to be.

I know you don't want to go away for work and I hope that your business trip goes quickly. Have a safe trip hun, will be thinking of you.
February 19th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww it sucks that you need to leave now, it must be so hard *HUGS* but glad he is starting to head in the right direction.
February 19th, 2010, 01:13 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Have a safe trip Sam...I don't blame you for not wanting to leave right now - I wouldn't either! I'm glad Cecil seems to be doing better already, hopefully his energy level will get much better soon! HUGS

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search