Biting

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2010, 12:00 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cori only ever bit me when breastfeeding once or twice. Juliana thinks it is a fun game. She bites, pulls back, then smiles once I've pried her loose. Yesterday I had to stop several sessions because I couldn't get her to stop. I am trying to just give her a stern look and saying no in a low tone. If she keeps up I stop nursing for awhile. Any other ideas? Oh my goodness it hurts!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
February 18th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any advice, since Alex thinks biting is a fun game that we play with anyone that comes in contact with him. About BF and biting, I use a nipple shield so when he bites it's not as painful. Alex think the word No is a game, so when you say in a firm mad way No, he laugh, so that doesn't work for us.

February 19th, 2010, 03:52 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh no.....cecil doesn't bite me yet, but I think what you are doing is good. If she bites, take her off the breast and stop feeding for a few minutes, then try again. That is the advise my SIL gave me about BFing - he son used to bite he quite a bit too. I hope this is a phase that passes quickly.

Patty - lmao about Alex thinking no is funny...What a cute little turkey. I think you are going to have your hands full.
February 19th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am no help just wanted to say - OWWWWW! I hope you find something to help you soon, maybe ask the girls on the bfing board???
February 19th, 2010, 12:11 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
what little stinkers they can be huh? I'm incredibly worried about Savannah biting because she already does this weird gumming/twisting move sometimes that has me yelling "OW!"...once it hurt so much I yelled "OW" so loudly (didn't mean to, but heck it HURT) that I scared her and she instantly got the little pouty frown and started to cry....I felt so bad, but there's no way to teach a 2-3 month old not to do that so I have a feeling I'm in for some real pain when she starts teething

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 22nd, 2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMommy View Post
I think you are going to have your hands full.
Yeah that's what am afraid of

February 24th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Just wanted to see how you were doing?

February 24th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Not good. She stopped biting in a playful way and I thought everything was fine again, but then she started biting HARD when she isn't getting as much as she wants. She has drawn blood and made it so that it hurts to nurse now. I've always been so committed to BF, but with my diet, her clear preference for the formula, and now this.....my resolve is weakening .

February 24th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Oh Kelly I'm sorry. I know it's not a preferable thing to do but maybe try a nipple shield when nursing, they are not very expensive, and she might do good until your nipples heal.
Also, you done great BF with the problems that she had, so don't beat yourself up....

February 26th, 2010, 11:12 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I second what Patty has said! You have done such an amazing job! I am struggling with letting go of nursing too....I had always planned on BF past 1 year, BUT I keep telling myself that was MY plan, and it's what is best for our babies is the best thing to do....that includes if BFing becomes so hard for the mommy that it is too stressful for everyone. Ana is almost 9 months and Cecil is almost 10 months....I think that we have both done awesomly!
February 26th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks Sam and Patty! I still don't know how this will turn out, but your reassuring words are making me feel better right now. I'm finally getting used to my diet, so that isn't a big concern. I went over to the BF board and the ladies there think she is biting because the flow is so much better on a bottle and she wants it come out that fast when she is nursing. I'm pretty sure they are right. I'm going to try giving her fewer bottles, but we'll see how that works out....she does seem happier when she gets them.

Sam, you are right, we have done well. You and Patty working full time and me eating coconut ice cream (its actually delicious ) Thanks ladies...you're the best!!

February 26th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMommy View Post
Ana is almost 9 months and Cecil is almost 10 months....I think that we have both done awesomly!
Is awesomly a word? I love it and i am going to use it.

I agree, you have both done awesomly! I really hope I make it that far.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search