a little update

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2010, 01:54 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cecil seems to be doing good....he is getting ALOT of enery back and he played sooo well this weekend and just laughed and had a good time. I thought all was well until I changed the grosses diaper I have EVER seen. It was bright green sticky mucus streaked with quite a bit of blood. Needless to say it was back to the ER with him....it turns out he has collitis (irritation of his bowls) we have to switch to formula only right now (I think it is the same one Kelly had to switch Ana to) Neutramagen. WOW is that stuff expensive!!! The plan is to switch for two weeks, then try bm again, and see if the irritation happens again. That way we can see if it is a milk alergy or just an irritation due to anitabotics. We also have to limit his diet - No Dairy (we give him yogurt everyday) no citrus, no spices (we don't anyway), limit anything with sugar, and limit fruit to every other day. Cecil loves meats and veggies, so I don't think this diet will affect him much.

I am still leaving this morning for New York, although I am going to try to come home sooner. I am really trying to handle the anxiety I have about leaving, but after these last few weeks, I think I may need some help in that area.
February 21st, 2010, 03:19 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, Sam....the hits just keep on coming! At least Cecil seems to be feeling better, though. Nutramigen is the stuff Juliana was on (she still has a bottle or 2 each day). Is Cecil eating it okay? Ana loves it, but I think it stinks horribly. Do milk allergies start suddenly like that? Seems strange to me, hopefully it is just a sensitivity to the antibiotics. I hope that your trip goes smoothly for both you and Cecil. I'll be thinking of ya!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
February 21st, 2010, 05:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor baby.

You described the kind of poop Jon has when he drinks any 100% Juice, so he can't have any juice. Hope it's nothing and he can go back to BM soon.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

February 21st, 2010, 06:05 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
kelly...our ped said that there is a small possibility that cecil has been loosig a small amount of blood in his bowl movements everyday, but until the antibiotic irritated him even more, we just might not have noticed it. he said that although not as common, you can have a milk allergy with the only symptom being small amounts of blood loss in your bowl movements. (cecil does not have an onging diaper rash, irritability and he does not spit up) after the two weeks on formula, we will be doing a fecal study(i think that is what it is called) to see if this he is still loosing blood
February 22nd, 2010, 07:51 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh No! The poor guy can't catch a break. Sam, I wish I was closer to be able to help you out with all of this. You and Travis have been through so much in the last couple of weeks. I'm glad to hear that Cecil is doing better, sorry about the formula, at least you will know if it's milk allergies or not.
I'm sorry you have to go to New York, but know that Travis will take very good care of Cecil? Do you guys have Skype? This way you can see him while you are away.
Tons of HUGS for you guys.

February 24th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sucks, just when things were looking up for him I hope your trip away isn't too unbareable and that he starts to get soon. He has been through enough! Poor little guy
February 24th, 2010, 08:06 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Sam,

Nutramigen is like like liquid gold....$$$$$$$$$.....sometimes ped.'s can write a prescription for it and insurance will cover it. it is worth looking into to save a little cash !
Katie was on it briefly and she could not tolerate it....

Just wanted to add...
Alimentum is basically the same, and may be a little cheaper? it is made by Similac.
Similac formulas do not contain the fat Palm Olein, while Enfamil and most store brands do. There are studies that show that palm olein fat decreases calcium absorbsion by the bones.
I never used Enfamil for that reason.

Last edited by dee68; February 24th, 2010 at 08:11 PM.
February 25th, 2010, 05:48 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I hope Cecil gets better soon Sam. I have been praying for you guys. I Hope you get to come home soon to your lil man. Please let us know how he is doing. Many hugs and love coming your way.

February 25th, 2010, 10:53 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
sheesh poor little guy! glad his energy level is starting to get back to normal at least...

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search