Ugh so maybe daycare won't start on Monday (warning: rant)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2010, 11:07 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
BIG SIGH and apologies up front for the long rant...so chalk this up to being clueless 1st time parents (although we have help in this mess up from both our daycare center and our pedi's office).

Our daycare center didn't tell us until we called last week (and thank goodness we did) that they had additional forms they needed us to fill out before Savannah starts on March 1. So we get the forms late last week and in them is a required doctor certification saying she's ok to go to daycare. I hadn't realized they even required this (maybe I should have known? )....anyway we call the Pedi's office to see how much time they need to sign off on it - i.e. can we wait until this week when we have appts in the same building or do we need to rush it over immediately. Nurse at pedi's office acts like this is no big deal and it can be done same day....so DH drops it off yesterday (we need it on Friday) and suddenly different nurse says "well Dr isn't in today or tomorrow and no guarantees he'll be able to sign it on Friday".

So if they won't sign it Friday then DH will stay home with Savannah Mon AM since I am returning to work...and since I'm only doing 1/2 days for the first couple of weeks then I'll trade off at lunchtime and he'll go into office.

I'm not really mad at the Dr's office...just kinda frustrated that if the daycare center had given us the forms earlier we could have done it at her 8wk appt...but I totally feel stupid for relying on the nurse who said "no problem" - since paperwork at Dr's office is ALWAYS a problem, I really should have known better. SIGH

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 25th, 2010, 11:23 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am surprised that the daycare didn't give you all the paperwork when you first went on a tour/interview with them. Every center I went to gave me their huge packet and a list of EXACTLY what they needed.
Have you called the daycare to see if just MAYBE they will let it slide for a day or two, probably not but it can't hurt.
How frustrating, the ped's office doesn't have anyone like a NP that could sign the form. It's not like she hasn't been seen before, all they have to do is look at her last appt and then sign the darn thing.
Good Luck!

February 25th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I also got all the forms the first time I went for a tour, but I don't know if I had the doctor filled them out or not since we ended up not taking him to the day care center.
So how are you doing? Are you ready to go back? I can't believe that you are already going back to work. Are you going to be pumping?

February 25th, 2010, 12:10 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
We got a bunch of forms when we toured but apparently they hadn't given us all of the required ones...but I just spoke with the director and she said it's ok if it takes us a few extra days to get the pedi's signature they'll still let her start on Mon (yay...or boo..i'm so conflicted )

Patty - I don't know how I'm doing...I've enjoyed being home with her, but I also miss adult interaction at work...but I know I'm going to be a bawling mess when I have to drop her off on Monday Plus I keep having these crazy panic moments where I think of all the horrible things that could happen when I'm not there...hopefully all mamas go through this and I'm not just going crazy! I'm still pumping - haven't figured out how I can do that at work, so may just be pumping once at lunch when I can run home (and then also in the early AM, after work & before bed).

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 25th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad everything got sorted out for you. Don't worry abut being a bawling mess, we all were, it's totally normal and it does get easier. Good luck on your first day.
February 25th, 2010, 03:10 PM
It does get easier. I actually thought I was going to cry every time someone asked me about Alex and it was the opposite, I didn't even cry when I left the house. I think I was really ready for some adult interaction. You might be stronger than you think. I'm here for you.

February 26th, 2010, 03:23 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you talked to the daycare and that they are OK with letting your bring savannah without the Dr note....I would say it was a bit there fault since they didn't provide you the correct paperwork.

Hugs to you on Monday, It is hard, I think the worst for me was walking out of the door the first time. To make Cecil and I both feel better, we go to the daycare early, and I sit with him for a little bit before I leave, that way it isn't so abrupt and I feel like cecil has a chance to get comfortable before I go. Like the other girls said, it does get easier. Now I think that Cecil looks forward to daycare. He loves the other babies and he is always trying to kiss his teachers.
February 26th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMommy View Post
he is always trying to kiss his teachers.
Oh Sam I'm dying here, how adorable

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search