PAL Grad's Chit Chat Thread

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2010, 09:02 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Lara, GL house hunting. I hope you find one you guys love.

Pam, I'm sooooooo glad you checked in. I miss ya girl!

Sam, I'm so sorry Cecil is sick again. Please KUP on him and what the dr says. I'm praying for a speedy recovery.

March 16th, 2010, 12:07 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry Sam! I hope this turns out to be something minor. KUP

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
March 16th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor Cecil! I'm so sorry he is sick again, Sam.

March 30th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Missing you ladies, its been kinda quiet around here.

Yesterday Juliana started babbling way more than she had been. Some new consonants and some chains (bababa, yayaya) which she hadn't been doing until now. Music to my very concerned ears!

March 31st, 2010, 02:01 PM
Kelly - I'm so glad Juliana is babbling for you. I can't believe she is 10 months old already. Are you thinking about her first birthday yet?

Makenna is still getting over her lilttle bug. Every time I thought she was well, she threw up again. She threw up on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Beginning Sunday I went to STRICTLY just formula and she has been better since then. Her appitite is finally back and I think I'm going to do some simple solids for dinner tonight.

She had her 9 month appointment (a week and a half late). She is now 29 inches tall (90th percentile) and 18 lbs 11 oz (50th percentile). I think she lost a little bit of weight because she had been sick before her appointment.

April 1st, 2010, 04:06 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kelly - that is GREAT that Ana is babbaling more.....what sounds is she making now? Does she try to mimic you?

Sasha - Sooo Glad to hear that Makenna is starting to feel better! I hate it when our lo's are sick! and WOW - What a tall and skinny chicka! Has she been doing anything new?

Cecil is doing awesomely!! He has had a constant ear infection that we couldn't get to clear up, but I think he is doing GREAT now! And another peice of good news.............................................. ...

We had his Iron tested and.............................

He is up to 11.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is just about normal - we are really surprised that it shot back up sooo quickly. It only took a little under two months.

Cecil is now showing what an ornry personality he is going to have. He is constantly trying to get into anything that he shouldn't. If I am sitting in the living room with him, he will spot an object that he wants, look back at me to see if I am watching, then crall really fast while Squeeling (all the while looking back at me) It's all I can do not to laugh! I just go and pick him up, point to the object and say no or danger, and then bring him back to his toys. I think he thinks this is a game, but It's also a good source of exersise for me LOL!
April 1st, 2010, 06:00 AM
Makenna has started crawling UNDER things. She has a little electronic toy that stands kind of like an easel with 4 legs. She has decided it's more fun to try and crawl through it. It's a pretty tight space but she gets determined. It's so cute to watch.

We USED to store a lot of stuff on our coffee table -- mail / magazines would get set there. Of course she is pulling herself up and pulling everything off the table. We just haven't gotten used to not putting stuff up there. I really need to get a gate at the top of the stairs soon. We are really careful to keep her in ROOMS (with closed doors) when upstairs, but soon she will be crawling so fast that we will need that extra security. (If anyone has any suggestions on a top of stairs gate, I'm all ears).

April 1st, 2010, 08:16 AM
Happy April Fools Day! Beautiful day here, although our weather report says it is supposed to pour rain tomorrow and possibly snow on Sat. I sure hope not, we are going to an egg hunt.

Wow, Makenna is tall! Have you gone to the big girl carseat yet? We moved Cori up to the convertible (rear facing, of course, she still is) at about that weight. Of course, she was nearly a year old Juliana's new infant seat goes to 32 lbs, but I really need to start leaving it in the car because she is getting heavy for carrying back and forth. I'm so glad Makenna is getting better. We have had a short reprieve from illness, too. But we have tons of family coming this weekend, so I'm sure we'll be sick afterward. I had to giggle about the crawling under things. I think something compels them to do that, Ana spends the bulk of her time in the bottom of our tv armoire. And yesterday she got stuck in the middle of the saucer!

Sam, I'm so excited to hear about Cecil's iron....and on breastmilk too! I'm still going about 1/2 and 1/2, but I'm proud of myself for keeping up the diet. This holiday is going to be HARD for me though! Cadbury eggs! Juliana has some new sounds like ba, ya, and an occasional ma. We are mostly excited about the chains, bababa, etc because she wasn't doing that before. She repeats sounds back to us, but usually sounds that she knows already.

April 1st, 2010, 10:22 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
hi ladies...sorry I haven't been around. Had really crazy week since I posted Savannah's 4 month appt update...we ended up having to rush her to ER early Sat morning when she was coughing so hard she couldn't breathe (turning blue) and then DH & I promptly caught what she had and got horribly ill ourselves. After tons of Dr appts this week everyone is finally on the mend...although we have to keep Savannah on a nebulizer probably for another 3-4 weeks until she's completely recovered.

Anyone else REALLY looking forward to spring and the end of flu/cold season?

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 1st, 2010, 01:38 PM
Wow Lara -- that sounds like a rough week. If my daughter were turning blue from coughing I would be FREAKING OUT!!! I'm glad everyone is on the mend.

Makenna is still in her infant seat. We have just started shopping for a convertible seat. I think I've settled on the Evenflo Triumph Advance LX. The infant seat Makenna is in is good for up to 32 inches long. Because I drop her off and DH picks her up, we will need two car seats. Right now we have the one seat and 2 bases. It's been very convenient. We can get her all buckled and cumfy in the comfort of our own home and then just click her in. I'm going to miss that. Has anyone used this car seat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMommy View Post
WOW - What a tall and skinny chicka! Has she been doing anything new?
I am 5' 10" and my dh is 6' 0" so we expected her to be tall. We intentionally bought the tallest infant seat so she could stay in it as long as possible.

April 1st, 2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-SBB View Post
Anyone else REALLY looking forward to spring and the end of flu/cold season?
ME!!!

How scary that she was having trouble breathing! Glad to hear things are better now, though.

Sacha - Good luck with the carseats. Ana's is a Snugride 32 and goes to 32 inches OR 32 lbs. I haven't used an Evenflo, hopefully someone else has. Cori is in a MyRide 65 because it has the higher (40 lb) rear facing limit. Sounds like you will have to worry more about height limits than weight limits, though.

April 7th, 2010, 01:51 PM
I know this is a little late, but Did eveyone have a good easter holiday?

We had a good time with our family. My Mom bought Cecil a board book about Why we celebrate Easter from the Christian book store! I love it - I really want to teach him the meaning behind holidays.

I've been a bit busy at work lately, so I haven't been on as much, but I hope all is well with everyone!
April 7th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Our holiday was really nice. We had a bunch of family in town and Juliana was baptized Easter morning. My parents stayed until yesterday afternoon.

Juliana is starting to grow in all four top teeth. Besides a few rough hours yesterday, she has handled it pretty well.

April 8th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Makenna View Post
Makenna is still in her infant seat. We have just started shopping for a convertible seat. I think I've settled on the Evenflo Triumph Advance LX. The infant seat Makenna is in is good for up to 32 inches long. Because I drop her off and DH picks her up, we will need two car seats. Right now we have the one seat and 2 bases. It's been very convenient. We can get her all buckled and cumfy in the comfort of our own home and then just click her in. I'm going to miss that. Has anyone used this car seat?
This is how we use to do it. dh dropped him off I picked him up, he was getting too small for his infant car seat, so we made the switch on his 1st birthday. We also have 2, one in dh car and one in mine and I have to say, it's much nicer not to break your back everyday carrying the car seat from the sitters to my car.

April 8th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Kelly -- that is so cool that Juliana was baptized on Easter. How special!

We had an eventful Easter...

We woke up Sunday morning and went to Easter Sunrise service at Sea World. I know it probably sounds weird to go to a theme park for Easter, but they have this really great service that is sponsored by the local christian radio station. They had Steve Brown from Key Life Network as the guest speaker. I don't know if any of you have ever heard him on the radio, but he always ends his broadcasts with "You think about that...". He has a very distinct deep voice. It was a very nice service. Our seat was in the last row of the stadium and there were only a bout 6 inches from the front of the seat of the chair to the chair back in front of us. Doesn't work too well for a 5"10' wife and 6" 1' husband and a 9 month old who likes to grab everything in her reach. It was a pretty short service so we made it through.

In the afternoon, we had a little drama. Makenna got her first boo boo. She was playing with a ride-on toy train (she is too small to ride on it without a lot of help, but it has lots of buttons and music and such to keep her occupied). She stood up and then pushed the toy over and she fell over on top of it. The problem was that in the process of her topling over the toy, she smacked her face on the coffee table. I saw it happening, but couldn't get to her quick enough to stop it. I picked her up and immediately saw blood. I ran her into the kitchen where dh was cooking. She must have fallen straight onto her NOSE. There was no gash or cut -- just a bloody nose (and screaming like bloody murder). Poor little girl. We finally got the bleeding stopped. I felt so aweful. I've been wanting a different coffee table since before she was born. (I want a giant leather ottoman that is big enough to be a "coffee table". DH has given me "permission" to go start shopping. I'm so glad that she didn't end up with any stitches, scars or scrapes.

Tomorrow DH and I leave for our first weekend away alone. We will be gone for about 48 hours. My sister will be watching Makenna at our house for us. This weekend we are celebrating 10 years together. I've given my sister instructions to send picture messages frequently throughout the day. We are driving to a bed and breakfast about 2 hours away. It should be fun but we are really going to miss her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitridge View Post
This is how we use to do it. dh dropped him off I picked him up, he was getting too small for his infant car seat, so we made the switch on his 1st birthday. We also have 2, one in dh car and one in mine and I have to say, it's much nicer not to break your back everyday carrying the car seat from the sitters to my car.

Patty -- so glad to see you again. Missed you girlie! Yeah, we plan on switching her to the new car seat at her birthday. How is Alex doing?

Sam -- April 29 is coming up soon. Are you doing anything special for Avery? I'm thinking about you!

April 8th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyanne View Post
Juliana is starting to grow in all four top teeth. Besides a few rough hours yesterday, she has handled it pretty well.
Four top teeth at once? Juliana always goes big, doesn't she. I've been thinking for some time that Makenna must be working on some top teeth, but I find no concrete evedence yet (just the constant drooling, chewing and most recently waking up in the middle of the night).

April 8th, 2010, 08:57 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Hey ladies! Our easter was nice. We spent it with family. The kids hunted easter eggs..Tyler found 1 and was amazed that they open and close (plastic kind) Haley & I dyed eggs, but we always hunt the plastic ones 'cause the color runs in the humidity.
All is okay here. Haley is still in dance and has a recital on May 23. I'm so excited to see my girl up there dancing. Everyone is coming and I will be buying the dvd and pics that are being taken. Tyler has 3 teeth on top and 3 on bottom. He's been super cranky, so I'm sure more are on the way. He's getting so big though...it breaks my heart. He's my last baby and somedays I really regret getting my tubes tied. Oh well, can't change it.
My brother and his family are in town from Kentucky this week. They are on their way to my house now for the day and then we'll spend the day at my dad's on Saturday with them. I'm looking forward to seeing them again...haven't seen them since last July.
I'm glad everyone had a good Easter.
Sacha, I'm so sorry Makenna hurt herself but glad she's better now. Tyler has already busted his nose and his lip. Haley never did either. I know how freaked out that can be when you see your LO all bloody and crying.
Kellyanne, I'm glad Juliana isn't having any teething problems. My kids are always cranky when it comes to teething.
Sam, glad you had a good holiday. I miss seeing you around. I hope you get to join us more soon.
Patty, you always know I'm glad to see you!!!

April 8th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I haven't been around. I will try to better and come more often.

April 8th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Kelly - Oh my....4 top teeth - Poor Ana! I hope they come in quickly for her. Cecil is gettin his two top teeth in and hasn't been sleeping as well, but that is all I have noticed as far as crankiness goes. as Sacha said....getting babtised on easter does sound very special. I'm glad your family was there for it.

Sacha - That is terrible about Makenna's booboo.......Seeing blood must have been really scary. Cecil got hot water splashed on him once (I was filling the sink for his bath and the toilet was flushed) and he cried and cried and I just cried right with him. It hurts to seet them hurt.
I hope you have a GREAT time this weekend!! 10 years is amazing, congratulations!

Michelle - Sounds like you had a good easter! Did you get some good easter pics of Tyler finding his first egg!! It sounds really cute! Good Luck to Haley!! I hope she has fun at her recital. I hope you have a good weekend with your brother and his family.

Patty....It is good to hear from you!! How is everything? Did you guys decide anything about moving?
April 8th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Tomorrow DH and I leave for our first weekend away alone. We will be gone for about 48 hours. My sister will be watching Makenna at our house for us. This weekend we are celebrating 10 years together. I've given my sister instructions to send picture messages frequently throughout the day. We are driving to a bed and breakfast about 2 hours away. It should be fun but we are really going to miss her.
Congrats and good for you to be going. DH and I didn't get away until Cori was 16 months. The amazing thing was....I'm not sure she even noticed we were gone! But I was a mess. I hope you have a wonderful time and get lots of reassuring photo texts.

Quote:
Four top teeth at once? Juliana always goes big, doesn't she
I guess she does! I just worry about the implications this might have for her future endeavors!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search