PAL Grad's Chit Chat Thread

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2010, 12:08 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Makenna View Post
Sam -- April 29 is coming up soon. Are you doing anything special for Avery? I'm thinking about you!
Thanks sweetie! I miss my boys everyday, but the greif does not consume me like it used to. I am more accepting of it, but I do not think that the void will ever be filled. Isaac and Avery will always be my first born. I took fresh flowers to thier grave a few days ago since the weather is nice now.

I think that Travis Cecil and I are going to go out and release some balloons in honor of them that day.

Last edited by IAMommy; April 8th, 2010 at 12:58 PM.
April 8th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam- Thing are changing, there is a possibility of us moving to Maine. I will know more at the end of the month. Part of me would love to go to Belgium, but Maine would be ok too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMommy View Post
Thanks sweetie! I miss my boys everyday, but the greif does not consume me like it used to. I am more accepting of it, but I do not think that the void will ever be filled. Isaac and Avery will always be my first born. I took fresh flowers to thier grave a few weeks ago since the weather is nice now.

I think that Travis Cecil and I are going to go out and release some balloons in honor of them that day.
That would be beautiful.

April 9th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMommy View Post
That does sound very nice. Let us know how it goes. We are here for you if you need to talk.

April 9th, 2010, 08:58 AM
so, the day that I been dreading for since before I got pg has come.....
AF showed up yesterday

April 9th, 2010, 09:11 AM
ahhhhh.....HUGS Patty!!!! AF Sucks!! that is all there is to it!

On the bright side.......If you are planning to TTC this fall, at least you know you are now ovulating AND you have some time for your body to become regular.

I got my first AF a few months ago, and they are still not regular at all. I go from 35 - 50 days for each cycle. Un-regular Cycles make baby making rough.
April 9th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Sam, are you still BF?

April 9th, 2010, 10:17 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Sorry about af Patty. I hope she doesn't stay too long.

Sam, I will be thinking of you and your LO's on that day. Releasing balloons is a beautiful idea. Hugs!!

April 9th, 2010, 01:35 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry Patty. But 14 months is a pretty good run! Mine came back when Ana was 3 months old, despite EBF! Oooh, now I'm getting excited for you ladies to TTC again. Although I know it will give me major baby bump envy!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
April 11th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks for caring and remembering my lo's - it really means alot to me.

Patty - I still breastfeed, but I supplement with Nutramegin formula. I BF in the evenings, night and AM - then formula feed the rest of the time during the week. I BF all weekend, but give formula at meal time in a cup.
April 12th, 2010, 08:07 AM
How was everyone's weekend? Anything exciting going on?

April 12th, 2010, 08:48 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Sam - that sounds like a lovely way to remember your boys...I'll be thinking of you on that day. HUGS

Patty - AF sucks, but soon I can start stalking those of you thinking about TTC again!!! yay...and I'm still working on DH 'cause I'm thinking I wouldn't mind starting to TTC in fall around when Savannah turns 12 months (assuming AF is back, I guess?).

Our weekend was soooo crazy! My parents were in town (yay) so we were running around and I'm exhausted today...we took them to drive by the house we're buying (closing is in a couple of weeks) and we went to a botantical garden on Sun and took some pictures with Savannah. I'm totally ready for a quiet weekend, but of course that's not gonna happen for awhile - I need to start packing

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 12th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Lara-That's true you guys are buying a house, I totally forgot. When will you be moving in? You will have to take pictures.

April 12th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Laura - That is sooo exciting about your new house! and I agree with Patty - I would love to see pics!

We had a pretty busy weekend too. My mother bought a house with some land that had a couple of ponds on it. The last owner did not maintian the ponds so the cattails took them over and we had a fish kill this winter. DH and I were out helping her drain the ponds and burning the cat-tails. Hopefully by this fall the ponds will be ready to go and we can start re-stalking them.

On Sunday we went to ToysRus for Birthday shopping and got cecil a 3-in-one Little Tykes Smart Trike. We have a bike trail that goes almost all the way around our town, and I plan on taking Cecil there alot this year.
April 12th, 2010, 10:18 AM
we totally don't have movers yet! LOL...we gave the sellers a 30 day option period to lease back post close (closing will be April 27th it looks like)...and due to some miscommunication between our realtors, we had been told they were exercising the option (so vacating around end of May)....so I thought i had tons of time to find movers yet, but we found out on Friday that they're vacating the day before closing so we can move in any time after close and I've packed nothing and still need to get quotes from movers (!)....I'm thinking we may try to move maybe 2nd week of May assuming we can find a mover who can accomodate...

Savannah Stylin!

April 12th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Oh my, good luck with the move. Can't wait to see what the house looks like
Sam-That toy looks awesome.

April 12th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lara -- It is so much work moving, but I remember that feeling of being in a new place -- once you get settled a little bit, it is such a great feeling. Good luck with the move.

Sam -- a trike already? Wow, he's growing up so fast. I can't wait to go shopping for Makenna's birthday. I keep telling everyone to get her CLOTHES because I know we will end up with an abundance of toys anyway.

Our weekend was very nice. I left work after half a day on Friday, came home and packed and dh and I were off on our first weekend away get-away. We drove about 2 1/2 hours to get to the bed and breakfast we were staying at. Dh was very impressed with my selection. They had tons of amenities for us to use while we were there (beach chairs with umbrellas, bath robes, bicycles, etc.) We got to go out to eat frequently (a meal eaten at the same time as dh -- I'd forgotten what that was like ) We relaxed and watched movies and spent lots of time together. The only bummer about it was that af decided to show up the day before we left so that put a damper on the intimate activity -- but we just got creative )

April 12th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Sam - How exciting to be shopping for Cecil's birthday! We're going to have several 1 yr b-days coming up soon.

Lara - A new house...yay! I hope the move goes smoothly! It will all be worth it anyway.

Sacha - I'm so glad your trip went well. (I'm kinda jealous ) Sorry about af, though.

I had a wonderful ride today. My horse went to the trainer for a month and came back a new horse!

April 13th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Sam - wow i can't believe Cecil's growing up so fast! a trike...that's adorable!!

Sacha - ohhhh major green eyes over here for your weekend getaway...that sounds like so much fun! sorry about AF showing though...

Kelly - I forget you're quite the horsewoman...I'd love to see a picture of your horse someday - do you have just the one or several? Are you planning on teaching the girls to ride as well (and when would you start that)?

I'll try to upload some of the realtor pics of our new house to share - obviously isn't our stuff in the house LOL but there's a few shots of it and you'll see the feature I love the BEST about the house...the huge backyard!

QUESTION: Does anyone have a recipe for using avocado for baby food? DH bought an avocado last night (he's dying to have Savannah try it this weekend, since Dr said we could start green items now) but the recipe I found online uses lemon juice and I thought no citrus for young babies....but mixing it with BM seem, ummm, weird? Or do I just mash it by itself until it's pureed enough for her?

Savannah Stylin!

April 13th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Lara, I just give it to Alex, I don't put anything on it. Now I just cut it in pieces and he loves it.
Sacha, it sounds like it was a wonderful weekend, sorry ad showed up but from your post I get that it really did not ruin the mood
Kelly0what kind of horse do you have. While I was on maternity leave, I started riding Frisians. Love those horses, love horseback riding.

April 13th, 2010, 08:10 AM
My horse is a paint, but he is tri-colored...buckskin/white w/black mane and tail so that is kind of unique. He is just getting started so we don't really "do" much yet, but I usually ride in my dressage saddle. My real passion is eventing (x-country jumping) but it is a VERY expensive sport, and having a horse is expensive enough right now! Maybe next summer I'll get to do a couple events. Patty, I've never ridden a Friesian, but I love big movers so I'm sure I'd enjoy it!

Cori is completely horse crazy. She rides grandma's horses (who are older and more trustworthy) alone with her little saddle and riding helmet. If we had property, she'd probably have a pony. Someday!

Lara - I just mash or puree w/a bit of water (to make it thin).

My DH made baby food yesterday. It's not like it is that hard to do, but I still love it when he does it for me!

Anyone else make super porridge (from Super Baby Food)?? If anyone wants help with it, it is a mainstay here.

Last edited by kellyanne; April 13th, 2010 at 08:19 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search