PAL Grad's Chit Chat Thread

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2010, 10:25 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thought it might be nice to have a chitchat thread in here so that we can post on just about anything we want!
March 12th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Cecil and I are going to Build-A-Bear and then the Sceince Center this weekend with my MIL, SIL and Cecil's 2 Cousins. The Cousins are 8 and 4 1/2. Hoping we all have a good time!
March 12th, 2010, 11:03 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good idea, Sam.

The science center sounds like fun. We don't have much planned (for the first time ever, it seems!) so maybe I'll take the girls to our little local science center.

I had a scary experience yesterday. The other baby I watch, who is 7 months old, is getting some formula for the first time. Her mom just can't keep up with pumping 100% anymore. So they give her some on Wed evening and in the morning they tell me that her eczema is acting up and they think it is from a polyester sleeper. (Some of you may be able to see where this is going ) So I give her formula mid-morning and a little while later she blows out a diaper causing me to take off her clothes. OMG! The poor baby's entire trunk was covered in fire-engine red blotches. She starts rubbing her eyes which turn red and the blotches spread up her neck and onto her face. Her parents came to get her, but in the mean time I was freaking that she was going to go into anaphylaxis (which she didn't). Our (and the doc's) best guess is milk allergy. So now I have 2 babies in one house that are allergic to milk....well, Ana's is more of an intolerance, but still.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
March 12th, 2010, 12:18 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
This is a great idea Sam. Hope you guys have a great time.

Kellyanne, how scary! I'm glad the baby's okay.

We are doing yard work this weekend. It's gonna be beautiful weather here.

March 12th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kelly-You are supermom, taking care of your 2 girls plus a 3rd baby. That would have freaked me out. The emotions are so different when it's not your baby.
Sam-It sounds like fun, I hope you guys have tons of fun.
Not much here, dh is coming home this afternoon, he's been in Belgium. Now he's thinking about getting transfer there....we'll see.....
Sorry....I really don't have anything positive to say.....

March 12th, 2010, 01:15 PM
You mean he wants you to up and move to Belgium? What do you think of this? Whatever you decide, you know I'm behind you 100%.

March 12th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom 2 haley & tyler View Post
You mean he wants you to up and move to Belgium? What do you think of this? Whatever you decide, you know I'm behind you 100%.
Well I'm not sure we have to talk more about it. I might be loosing my job due to budget cuts so if that's the case then, it would be perfect timing. He's idea is to go and stay there a couple of years max. I'll you post it.

March 12th, 2010, 02:01 PM
ahhh...Patty...I'm sorry sweetie! I hope you both get to talk it over and make a join decision on something that is that big.

Kelly...That is Scary!! I'm glad that she was OK in the end, and I hope they do some allergy testing on her....what if it wasn't a milk allergy??? That seems like a pretty violent reaction, and next time could be worse. I hope you enjoy a nice laid back weekend!

Michelle...Ahhhh...good weather! Isn't it about time! This has been such a long winter! Hope you get a lot done around the house.
March 12th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Awww....thanks Patty! That's nice to hear! It isn't too tough with the babies being close in age and Cori being old enough to help. And I only watch Claire part time. Last week I had my nephew, who is 2 1/2 too, that was a bit busy!

I hope that things work out for the best with your possible move. FWIW I had a college professor who lived there for several years and I remember him speaking so fondly of it.

Sam - I believe they did a blood allergy test last night and are waiting for results.

Juliana took 12 steps!

March 13th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Woohoo Juliana! She's gonna take off before you know it.

March 13th, 2010, 08:41 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
great idea Sam...I love chit chatting with you ladies!

Kelly - you were cool under pressure...I'd have FREAKED out if that had happened...and poor baby, she must have been miserable

Patty - wow Belguim! I've only breezed through but it seemed like a lovely country...KUP on what you guys decide to do. Leaving sunny CA would be tough (for me at least but I love the sun!)

A question for everyone....I'm getting a little worried about Savannah, but not sure if I should be. She's sleeping SO MUCH suddenly - she always liked to sleep but this past week (which does coincide with her starting full days at daycare) this is her new schedule:

Wakes up at 5am...and then falls asleep w/in 30-40 mins (basically right after she's finished eating) and often doesn't wake up until we wake her up to get her dressed and out the door (so waking up around 7-7:30). This is new...when I stayed home with her she'd take a morning nap, but not generally until 9am or so.

While in daycare she naps periodically (maybe 2-3 times during the day) ranging in length of 30 mins to 2 hours...

I pick her up by 5pm...as soon as she gets home she nurses, usually for 30 mins or so, and by 6pm she's ASLEEP for the night (!) and doesn't wake up again until 5am. This is also a big change, her bedtime used to be between 7:30 - 8:30pm typically with wake up at 5am.

DH thinks it's just a growth spurt because she has been eating more...my parents think perhaps the daycare being new and interesting has her overstimulated so she's not sleeping enough there and kinda collapsing when I bring her home.

I'm bummed because I'm barely getting to spend any time with her while she's awake and it's even worse for DH 'cause he doesn't get home until after 6pm.

Today (Saturday) she woke at 5am, ate for an hour (!!), stayed awake until 7am but has basically been asleep since and it's now 10:40am.

Do you think I should raise it with her doctor? We have her 4 month appt in 2 weeks...she's not showing any signs of illness or anything, but I can't help but worry a bit

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
March 13th, 2010, 09:11 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
great idea....
I put one on the main board but no one really uses it ....lol
OH WELL

March 13th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow I totally missed this thread, been so busy lately. I have nothing to add, just wanted to be a part of it.
March 13th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies! I'm back from a week long vacation with dh's family in SC. We went to Charleston. Fort Sumter was really cool and we enjoyed the horse buggy tour through the city. I wished I'd payed more attention in history class when I was younger -- it is suddenly starting to interest me more.

Makenna finally started crawling this last week. She was doing a bit of an army crawl before, but she really wasn't interested in using it as a means of transportation. Last week we put her bottle on the floor about 10 feet away. She fussed for a bit, but I kept encouraging her to get her to go to her bottle and she finally did. Now she is crawling more to where she wants to go. She's still slow, but I know it won't be long. I guess I need to work on doing some more baby proofing. Even though she just started crawling, she's been working on her walking for a while. Of course, it is with me holding her hands, but she tools all around the house this way -- she just loves it.

Sam -- great idea -- I love chit chat threads

Kelly -- scary incident! I'm glad everything's OK. I can't believe Juliana is starting to walk. That's awesome.

Patty -- wow, Belgium? Sounds cool (and scary at the same time). Good luck with your decision making.

Lara -- Makenna has slept that much (but I've been worried about it in the past as well). When she IS awake, does she seem alert and awake? How long has it been different?

Sabina -- So glad you joined in

March 13th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Lara, I'd just question the doctor and see what they say. I'm sure it's just her adjusting to a new schedule. KUP

Sacha, I'm glad you had a good trip. WTG Makenna for crawling.

Sabina, I'm glad you joined in.

I've missed chatting with all you ladies. This is a wonderful idea, Sam.

We need a pic sharing thread also.

March 13th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Lara - I'm with your parents....I bet she is just getting tons of stimulation. Are there lots of other noisy kids there? It may be really hard for her to sleep at daycare too, so she is just cat napping. It doesn't hurt to ask the doc, especially if it keeps up on weekends too.

Sacha - Yay Makenna! Are you done babyproofing? My girls started pulling up within weeks of crawling....it sure changes things once they become mobile . And the horse and buggy tour sounds like so much fun!

I have a date tonight!! Its with Cori . DH works DUI emphasis overtime tonight so Cori and I are going to pick out a movie for our "slumber party".

March 13th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lara, Norah was sleeping that much until about 3 weeks ago and now she's up 2-3 times a night again eating, it all depends on their growth spurts and some babies just sleep a lot. One baby in my PR has slept all night since birth her mom had to wake her up to eat.

Kellyanne, I would of freaked out.

Norah is fabulous, the boys are well happy to be playing in dirt again since it's warmer.LOL
I am planning our garden and can't wait to plant flowers and food.LOL

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

March 14th, 2010, 06:55 AM
*Pamela*
Hope you don't mind me joining in.

Kelly, I think you're supermom too. That's got to be a lot of work with a toddler and 2 babies. I do have to add that I think you're all super moms though.

So much going on here, hard to keep up with you all. I'm so sorry for not being around much.

Way to go to our new walker and our new crawler! Congrats babies!

Patty, if you move to Belgium, that just over the English Channel from the UK. Ok, so we're like 5 hours from the Channel tunnel plus the drive to Belgium, but you would be closer ....lol They have awsome chocolate over here too!!!!

Nothing really new on my end. Gabriella finally started walking at 14 months and loves walking everywhere. Alex is going to college in the fall and hopefully Uni a few years later. Ethanael is doing great, he's now reading books at the 1+ level. I still think going to school fulltime at 4 is too young. At least with Gabriella's Bday, she won't start until she is 4, but will turn 5 2 months after starting where Ethanael started right after turning 4.

Mick and I will be celebrating our 7th anniversary on the 22nd and we are going camping during Easter since the kids are off.

Happy Mother's Day ladies, hope you all have a great day!
March 15th, 2010, 09:25 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Makenna View Post
When she IS awake, does she seem alert and awake? How long has it been different?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyanne View Post
Lara - I'm with your parents....I bet she is just getting tons of stimulation. Are there lots of other noisy kids there?
Thanks for the advice everyone...when Savannah's awake she's hyper alert, so I am not worried she's lethargic or anything, she just zonks out and sleeps hard until morning (and then still seems to need a short nap not long after waking).

Kelly, after watching her this weekend I'm thinking that it may be the daycare...it can be quite noisy (most of the babies are older than her) and when I look at her nap records for the last week, she seems to be taking fairly short naps rather than the long 2-3 hour naps she used to take at home.

All of this started just in the past week (and she started daycare full time that same week)...this weekend she was super sleepy on Saturday, but by Sunday seemed on much more of a normal schedule (and this morning didn't nap at all after waking up). If she reverses tonight/tomorrow after being at daycare all day today then I will definitely think it's a lack of nap issue.

On totally different topic I thought I'd share that we went house hunting with Savannah yesterday ...she held up surprisingly well (and met another baby also touring same house) but we're definitely going to have to do 2nd walk through while she's in daycare! You just can't focus properly on all the details when you're carrying her around through the house...

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
March 15th, 2010, 10:30 AM
OK - I am beyond frustrated!!! Cecil is sick AGAIN!!! I didn't mention it last week, but he got an ear infection on Wed Night and his right eardrum bust. I took him to the Dr and he had infection in both ears, so he prescribed Cecil ear drops and anitaboitics. Well, Cecil has had this type of anitabotic before, and it didn't clear up his ears and eventually he also got pnemonia too. I think I have to take him back to the dr again becasue he is still pulling at his ears and he has a small cough, green yucky nose, and he has a strange fever. He will feel pretty warm (around 99-100 under the arm) and then break into a sweat and feel clammy/cool for a bit, then go back to being warm again. It seems like he keeps getting these mini-fevers that keep breaking. UGH.....I wish he could just have a break!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search