April Fools Day!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2010, 04:10 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you pulling any tricks today??

I am going to wake Travis up with the news that we are expecting again!!!!!!!!
We were just talking two days ago about how we hope we are ready this fall to start TTC, but we are SOOOOOO not ready right now. I think this will freak him out a bit! LOL - and yes, that is the best I can do.....I am REALLY BAD at lying, I just start laughing!
April 1st, 2010, 05:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was going to post on facebook that DH have decided to divorce but I'm affraid he may end up with hurt feelings, so I decided against it.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

April 1st, 2010, 07:35 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last year a friend of mine (she's really more of an aquanance now -- went to high school together and she was good friends with my SIL) posted that she was pregnant. Her friends were SO excited. The next day she posted it was an April Fools joke. Her friends were very upset because she had a son born sleeping a few years earlier and they thought it was bad taste.

I'm not a prankster, but I'm always very skeptical about everything on April 1st.

The best April Fools joke I've heard of is one year some morning DJ's came on the air and convinced a bunch of people that time change had occured that weekend so people were freaking out they were late to work and rushing to get there. I heard them and they were really convincing. Of course they wouldn't put anyone on the air that would spoil their hoax. Time change was really the upcoming weekend not the one past. They kept tallking about how it hadn't been publized much this year and how they had been late to everything on Sunday and were glad they figured it out before Monday morning, etc.

April 1st, 2010, 08:32 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our family has always done April Fools pranks and my DH came from a family that didn't really do much. So, I introduced him to it...... The first year we were dating I told him that it was my dream to have a big family, 10 kids. He said, "whoa, no way." And I told him we may as well stop dating because I was sure that I wanted 10 kids. He was so mad! The next year of dating I convinced him that my pre-vet (I was headed to vet school the next year) program had been moved to Oregon State University. Tears and the whole works. Finally, a few years ago I got up before him, walked out to the kitchen, opened the door to the garage, and let out the best blood-curling scream I could muster. He came flying out of bed and I told him there was a guy in the kitchen and he went out that way. He grabs a knife and goes running out the door in his underwear yelling, "stay out of our house". I was laughing so hard I was crying. He doesn't believe anything I say on April 1 anymore.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
April 1st, 2010, 08:58 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LMOA Kelly........you are too funny!! I am at work and I actually laughed out load at the thought of your dh running around with a knife for a ficticious instuder - He is a police officer right?? I bet you really had him going.

I am terrible at April fools day jokes, but since travis and I were just talking about TTC, and he acually asked me the other day if I was pregnant, I thought it would be a good one to get him with. I told him this morning that I had great news and that he was going to be a Dad again - How Great is that!!!! He was still half asleep and he says......What?????? hmmmm........ughh........great. I was trying not to laugh, but I said Yeah, that IS great, especially since we are finding out today. He says, what's special about today? I said, don't you know???? He said umm....no. It's Great because it's April Fools Day.......He then Proceeded to throw his pillow at me laughing......HE said that his heart was beating really fast - and that was quite a statement to wake up to! I have NEVER tricked him before!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search