Cecil was Bitten!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2010, 07:39 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cecil was bitten by a little boy at daycare today!! I feel soo bad for him....it had to hurt.

I am thinking about talking with the daycare tomorrow to see if they told that little boy's parents that he is biting babies. I think that is something I would want to know so that I could help break my kid of it. Biting can be bad if not taken care of right away. I don't want Cecil to keep getting bit.

Last edited by IAMommy; April 8th, 2010 at 07:42 PM.
April 9th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awful. Poor little boy. Did they tell you he got bit or did you discover the "evidence" yourself? You seem to be taking it well. I think I would be really ticked off.

April 9th, 2010, 03:41 AM
sacha - since it is the first time, I am trying to not get too mad. BUT I do not want it to happen again. The more I think about it I do want to see if they have a biting policy and make sure the other parent was informed.
April 9th, 2010, 05:43 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Oh poor Cecil. He just can't catch a break. I'd want to know if it was my child also. I hope they get this resolved and it never happens again. KUP on what they say. Give him a big kiss from us!

April 9th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh poor Cecil, that's horrible. They should have 0 biting tolerance. They should talk to the mother of that baby and tell them that if it happens one more time, the kid is out. I know it's tough to hear, but none of us want out kid to get bitten or to be the one that bites.
Alex bites me all the time and I am trying really hard to stop him of that habit, because I don't him to do it to other kids.

April 9th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Patty, Biting is tough.....I'm sorry that Alex Bites you I think that kids sometimes bite because they do not know how to communicate what they feel or what they need. From what I read, they often grow out of it the more they are able to talk and express themselves.

I talked to the daycare today and they said that it is their policy to inform both parents of a biting indident, and that they will try to keep a closer eye on the biter. We will see if it keeps happening or not. I really hope not. I don't want Cecil to learn that this is acceptable behavior either.
April 9th, 2010, 01:22 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! That is quite the bite mark, and on his face! I think you handled the situation perfectly, though. For us, it was definitely about frustration over an inability to communicate. Cori didn't bite us, so I never saw it coming when she bit a baby I was watching on the hand ! Cori was about 21 month old and the baby was about 9 months old and was grabbing at her toys. I freaked! She did try to do it again, but I knew which situations may elicit the response, so I prevented any future bites. We also started our "timeout" chair at around that time .

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
April 12th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor baby.
I would of been upset.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

April 14th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow that is awful! Benjamin got bitten too and I was really upset (his cheek looked the same and it healed with no marks just so you know). I was upset too but after thinking about it I realized that I was just upset that he got hurt, not upset at his daycare worker. Her little girl bit him because he took a book she was looking at. She got in trouble and never did it again. I guess after thinking about it I realized that even if I was there I couldn't have prevented it from happening, she did tell me right away, she explained how her child was reprimanded and that she would be aware and try to make sure she didn't do it again. That was all she COULD do. Kids bite - it's how they express themselves when they can't talk. It really sucks that Cecil got hurt and I know how you feel. *HUGS* I hope you feel better now and that Cecil's cheek is healing.
April 27th, 2010, 09:08 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good for you for being so level headed. That is hard to do when you see your baby get hurt because of someone else. I hope it doesn't happen again!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search