Me again!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2010, 08:58 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies!!! I'm baaaacckkk!!! Hopefully for longer this time! I know I pop in and out, and I appreciate all your understanding. Life gets so busy! Anyhow, I only have a few minutes to post, so I am gonna try to be quick. Hayden is doing great. He was a little behind on words, but now seems to be catching up. He even reads! Yep, he knows how to read a few words. I got him that Baby Can Read program. Very cool stuff! I can see the terrible twos making an entrance though, so not looking forward to that, but still such a fun age right now. Saw a post on here on biting, anyone got some tips on how to nip that in the bud? Hayden started biting a couple days ago - ouch! Alright, thanks in advance for reading/responding!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
April 27th, 2010, 10:11 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Victoria! I'm so glad you're back. I miss hearing about Hayden. He is getting so big. I love the siggy pic. No advice on biting, but hope someone else has some. Please stick around with us.

April 27th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girl! Glad to see you back! Hayden is getting so big, update with some pictures when you have a minute.
No advise on the biting issue. Alex had that bad habit a while back, I just very gently bite him back (pretty much put you mouth in his hand, that's all it took to get him mad).

April 28th, 2010, 04:26 AM
*Pamela*
Hey lady, missed you!
April 28th, 2010, 06:11 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Victoria!! It's great to see you here! I agree with the other ladies.....I would love to see more pics of Hayden - He is SUCH A CUTIE!

About Biting.....That is such a hard phase! Cecil started biting my shoulder and hands about a week ago, and I just sit him down and give him the "mommy means business" look and say "No biting. That Hurts." Thankfully he hasn't done it much more....It was almost like he was exploring the reaction of biting because he never bit me very hard. Sorry for not very good advise. I have heard the gently biting back like patty mentioned works well.
April 28th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks ladies! It feels good to be posting again. I promise to post more pics soon. Maybe when he goes down for a nap or something. I appreciate your advice on the biting. I hope we are able to stop it very soon.

Angels in Heavan.

Last edited by victorialv; April 28th, 2010 at 12:32 PM.
April 29th, 2010, 10:49 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Victoria! Good to hear from you. Can't believe how big he is....and reading, wow! Cori has the Baby Can Read programs too. She loves them. For us, biting was the first time we really needed to discipline. I did the same as Sam, stern look, firm voice, and then turned my back and walked away. When she was a little older and bit (I have found that they seem to try it intermittently over the span of a few years), I put her in timeout.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
May 6th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Hi Kelly, thanks for the advice. I made it a pretty big deal last week, and he seemed to get the message, although he still does bite it seems when he gets excited. I can't believe Juliana is almost 1 yr - time is just flying by, isn't it?!

Angels in Heavan.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search