sleep issues!!! aaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhh!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2010, 12:27 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Katie was doing soooo well up until a few weeks ago....
she only wants to be in my bed.....when she falls asleep, I move her and then the screaming starts!! I know it is said to let them cry it out....I try...but when it becomes a safety issues from her crying and jumping and being so tired she can hardly stand, that is when I have to draw the line so she isnt hitting the crib rails...

anyway....HELP................LOL

Should I just try to get her into the crib first, and maybe it will be easier?
why am I so clueless after almost 2 years????LOL
Oh and her Dora bed? forget about it....she likes it, but will NOT stay in it.
ladies, ANY advice will help. Last night she slept in my room after 3 tries to get her back to her crib....I slept in the guest room....I just can not rest when she is in my bed.....she has me hanging off of the edge & it is a king size bed !

May 10th, 2010, 06:12 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dee -I am sorry about the sleep issues!! I hope they resolve soon.

Do you have a bedtime routine? Do you give her a small snack before bed? Warm whole milk? Do you have quality playtime together in the evenings?

Cecil still does not sleep through the night - he is up about 2 - 4 times each night! He slept though the night once, but that was it!
May 10th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any advice. It took us a 1 year to get Alex to sleep in his crib. We did do the let him scream, it was the only way to get him to sleep in the crib. After 3 days he did not cry anymore.

May 10th, 2010, 10:02 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
we play, read and she gets warm milk and a snack (mostly cheerios or even a slice of wheat toast)

she was doing great, but as I am learning, once you think you have it figured out...they change on you ! lol

last night, she did cry...and scream...I stayed in her room with her while she stood at the door crying.....after a few minutes, she sat on my lap, and fell asleep.
she did sleep through the night.

I am hoping the crying lessens each night...it just breaks my heart !!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search