Quick Robbie update... :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Robbie had his procedure for the kidney stones today. It went well. They don't think they'll have to repeat it next Monday, and they didn't have to leave a stint in... yay But, my poor little guy got pretty sick from the meds and going potty resulted in many attempts and screaming (it was heartbreaking to hear that kind of scream). His "boy parts" realllly hurt and I feel so bad for him. But, as of now, he has passed some urine and we don't need to go in with a cath. Ugh...that would be realllly bad. I hope he can heal quickly so that we can be done with this... It's been since JULY! He's a real brave little man.

May 10th, 2010, 10:43 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is great that the procedure went well and that it is pretty much a done deal. I'm sorry he is having so much pain down there though. Poor guy!! Did they give him anything for the pain?

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
May 11th, 2010, 04:07 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs for Robbie - He is a brave little guy! Was the procedure the water table, where they lay you down and pulse your body with water to break the stone up? I had that done last summer - and it broke my stone up into a million little peices to where even the strainer didn't catch any of it. I hope he begins to feel so much better now.
May 11th, 2010, 05:45 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Poor guy. I hope this resolves all the problems and he's all better soon. Please kup on how he is!

May 11th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He is a brave little guy. HUGS to you guys. I hope he feels better soon.

May 11th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He's doing better today. Yes, he has meds to dull the pain. I won't want to give him narcotics if we don't have to, and so far he hasn't needed them. But, we have a med that is a pain reliever for the urinary tract. And, he is on Flomax to make it easier. But, he'll be home again tomorrow. He looks so pale and he hasn't really eaten yet. He's doing great (if you think of everything that has been done) and he's recovering quickly. Thanks for all of your positive thoughts. Much appreciated!

They used lithotripsy to break the stone. And, they said it was successful! Yay!

May 12th, 2010, 09:28 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
aww poor guy...he really is brave, that sounds awful! I'm glad the procedure went well and really, really hoping this solves it and he doesn't need any other procedures..

Do they know why the stones formed (he seems so young to have them?) or is just a random thing....i'm hoping it isn't something that would reoccur for him....

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
May 12th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Natalie_Snow's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
poor guy . {HUGS to you and him}
May 13th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Robbie's back at school and he's doing OK. The stones were caused probably because he doesn't take in enough fluids. Easy enough solution... I love things that are "fixable". We can fix this. He is still on meds and he threw up tonight, but, he'll go to school again tomorrow and hopefully be back to normal after this weekend. I know I've said it before, but, thanks again for all of your thoughts, prayers, and concern.

May 15th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kelty - I'm sorry to hear that your little Robbie had to go through that. I have been bad at keeping up and didn't know that he had stones. What a little trooper though. I hope he doesn't have to go through that again.
May 15th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Little set back today... He is having back pain. I'm hoping it's just from the procedure and due to the fact that we're cutting back on meds. He's thrown up at least once a day since his procedure. He just isn't himself yet. I'm hoping there isn't a bigger stone in there that is coming out and causing discomfort. I hoping that the big stone was broken into small manageable bits. But, after sitting at Children's Hospital for a day, and being there frequently over the past months as we figured all of this stuff out, I can DEFINITELY put everything into perspective. The family next to us in the surgery waiting room had a 5 year old in for brain surgery. His name is Anderson. He has incurable cancer. he's already had all the radiation allowed for a human. They hoped he'd make it through the operation. I think of them every day... I can't even imagine. Kidney stones are nothing compared to that... NOpe, I don't want Robbie to go through all of this. Yep, I'll take this over other things that could be wrong.

Thanks for everyone's awesome support. Much appreciated. He'll be fine in time for summer. And, this year, I'm planning on enjoying EVERY minute of it!

May 28th, 2010, 11:02 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad that the procedure went well. Poor Robby I'm sorry to hear about the setback. I hope he feels back to normal soon!

T&P to Anderson and his family. That is so heartbreaking

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search