Screaming

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2010, 02:25 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, Hayden has gone through a couple periods where for a few weeks he decides he is going to scream or whine really loudly and obnoxiously for a good portion of the day. I know this too shall pass, but I gotta vent. Honestly, all I want to do is eat something without having to entertain or hold him at the same time. Can't wait for nap time! Argh!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
June 1st, 2010, 02:44 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know what you mean. Alex tends to do that when we are in the kitchen getting dinner ready or does it anytime when he thinks it's appropriate to scream as loud as he can't to make you mad

June 1st, 2010, 04:14 PM
He has been doing this screeching type of sound for days now. And, it's not just at certain times of the day. It is ALL DAY long if he is not being constantly entertained or carried around. It's REALLY wearing at me, and he has refused to take a nap today. It has been an AWFUL day, and I'm ready to cry. Really I am.

Angels in Heavan.
June 1st, 2010, 06:01 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry Victoria...maybe when DH gets home you can get out for a bit? What happens if you turn your back and ignore him? I remember a phase with Cori where I just had to walk away and at first she would yell louder and follow me....but eventually she would stop because it wasn't working.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
June 1st, 2010, 06:08 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sucks Victoria. I can't stand whining so you have all my sympathy. I remember when I first went back to work Benjamin would scream and whine all through dinner. DH and I couldnt even have a simple conversation. It was awful. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
June 2nd, 2010, 05:56 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs Victoria....I hope the screaming phase passes quickly for you. Cecil has been throwing alot of fits lately, and especially during dinner. I think he is just overly tired. Have you tried ignoring him like Kelly suggested? That's all I have, sorry I couldn't be more help. I do hope the screaming subsides and you can regain some peace and sanity.
June 2nd, 2010, 07:41 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to agree with the girls. Ignoring him might help, I know with Alex that's what we have to do, after a bit he stops. Hope today it's a better day.

June 2nd, 2010, 01:02 PM
Sam you totally jogged my memory! I remember Benjamin was so bad that we started putting him to bed earlier, since he had to be up at a certain time for daycare. I didn't want to because I wanted to spend time with him so it took me a while before I gave in but he changed and the whining went away which meant the time I spent with him was much better quality. Best decision I ever made. So the point of that is - maybe Hayden is overtired?
June 4th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Hi girls, sorry I dissapeared on my own post, but I have been SICK, SICK, SICK! The worst sick I have been in about 8 years. Has anyone ever had gastritis? It is AWFUL! I am feeling a bit better today. Tired as all get out, but physically on the mend. Anyhow, thanks for the advice. It is just a phase he is going through, and he has gone through it before. I just needed to vent, because it was especially bad that day. When DH got home, he was reluctant to help, but I "convinced" him that was the best choice. Men.....

Angels in Heavan.
June 5th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorialv View Post
Men.....

Sorry you were sick. I got it too. After it was all over I lost ten pounds so I guess that was a good thing but I was so dehydrated I couldn't make milk and had to give Jacob some pumped BM. It was awful.

I hear ya on the venting! Anytime, we are here for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search