What's for Breakfast??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2010, 07:49 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What you for lo's eat for breakfast each day?

I have to take Cecil to daycare at 7AM each day, and they serve breakfast at 7:30, so I just have him eat at daycare. Today I was running behind, so I got to see them set-up for his breakfast. They put a bowl in front of him, added some cereal (Raisin Bran) and then added some milk, and gave him a spoon.

OK - So we are working with him on using a spoon with meals at home, and he is doing good - especially with stickey foods like oatmeal, but REALLY??? a bowl of cereal for a 13 month old?????

I asked her if this is normal and she said yes - I asked her if he gets any in his mouth and she said - OH a little, but most ends up on the floor.......

I said, wouldn't it be better to let him eat dry cereal, and give him a glass of milk?

She said....Well I guess he's gotta learn sometime.

OK - I am right to be pissed????? I think I am going to start feeding him breakfast before daycare from now on!!
June 4th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So, they are giving him a bowl of cereal that might or might not end up in his mouth? So w hat if nothing end up in his mouth, does he not eat breakfast?
yeah I would feed him before you take him.
Alex gets BM at 5:50 (give or take) then he probably eats oatmeal and fruits about 8 I think. On the weekend, he BM, then has some eggs or toast with fruit, then nap then oatmeal.
So how do you get Cecil to start using a spoon? We gave Alex a fork and he seemed to know what to do with it, but couldn't get anything in his mouth

June 4th, 2010, 08:11 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sam, I definitely think you have a right to be pissed. If they don't have time to feed your child, they should have less children in their care. Juliana is 30 days younger then Cecil and she is nowhere near being able to feed herself. If I put something sticky on the spoon, she puts it in her mouth, but she doesn't scoop it up by herself! And don't even get me started on them feeding him raisin bran! Maybe you could take his breakfast to them....and ask them to feed it to him? Put it in something small like a baby food jar so they HAVE to scoop it out for him.

Juliana eats mush (brown rice, lentils, millet, oats, flax ground up and cooked) mixed with fruit. Cori eats yogurt.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
June 4th, 2010, 11:34 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, I'd be pissed too. He's a little young for tough love on the eating. He needs help, that is just not okay. Plus, aren't raisins a choking hazard? I have never let Hayden eat a raisin cause it still makes me nervous. Keep us posted.

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
June 5th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorialv View Post
Plus, aren't raisins a choking hazard?
YES! YES YES YES!! Sorry if I am little passionate about this subject but when I worked at a children's neurorehab hospital we had a brain dead child that choked on a grape. I would definetly be bringing that up with the daycare.

IF THEY WANT HIM TO LEARN TO EAT HIMSELF THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:
Feed him with a spoon and give him his own spoon. This ensures that he is getting something to eat while being able to learn to eat himself.

This totally pisses me off. I can't believe they would just let him go without eating breakfast. Poor little guy. I am sure they are glad they don't have me to deal with because I wouldn't be nice about it at all.

At Cecil's age Benjamin was eating a bowl of oatmeal, some yogurt, and fruit. Breakfast is important! It's fueling them until lunch. And at Benjamin's age now (two years) I still have to spoon feed him near the end to get all the food in.

Sorry for the rant but this made me angry to read.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search