Let's get to know each other!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thought it might be nice to get to know each other, so put your baby out of your brain for a minute (I know it's difficult) and let's us know about you!

How many siblings did you have growing up?

Where did you go to school and what did you take?

What do you do for a living?

What is your favorite thing to do with a free afternoon?

What's your absolute favorite meal?

What is your favorite drink?

What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?

Do you have any pets?

Do you have any special skills?

What is your favorite book?

What is your favorite movie?

What sports do you do/did you do growing up?

What sports do you enjoy watching on tv?

What do you and your SO do on a night out?

What's your all time favorite car?

What do you actually drive?

Where did you meet your SO?

Where's the farthest you have travelled?

What's one thing you want to do before you die?

Who is the person in your life you that you can talk to about anything?

Hope none of these questions are too personal or offend anyone
June 29th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
How many siblings did you have growing up? 4 brothers, 2 sisters. I'm 3rd, with 2 older brothers.

Where did you go to school and what did you take? I did a year at BYU-Idaho, and then a year at University of Nevada-Las Vegas, majoring in psychology. And then my financial aid fell through 3 semesters in a row and I had to quit.

What do you do for a living? I'm a SAHM.

What is your favorite thing to do with a free afternoon? Take a nap!

What's your absolute favorite meal? I don't think I have one. I just like good food.

What is your favorite drink? Berry lemonade

What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Go to the bathroom (after picking up whatever child is crying)

Do you have any pets? Just fish. I have a 30 gallon tank with aggressive fish, and a 10 gallon tank in the kids' room with tropical community fish

Do you have any special skills? I crochet and sew, and other crafty things.

What is your favorite book? I like just about anything by CJ Cherryh

What is your favorite movie? Again no real favorite, though I'm on a Phantom of the Opera kick right now.

What sports do you do/did you do growing up? none

What sports do you enjoy watching on tv? Olympics. Swimming, diving and beach volleyball in summer, and skating (both figure and speed) and ski jumping in winter

What do you and your SO do on a night out? well, we don't get them very often but on our last free night we did a little shopping, went out to dinner, and went to a movie.

What's your all time favorite car? I like the 70s style Pontiac trans ams (with the phoenix on the front)

What do you actually drive? 2006 Toyota Rav 4

Where did you meet your SO? Long story...short, my sister set us up

Where's the farthest you have travelled? in one trip, driving from Michigan to Utah

What's one thing you want to do before you die? See a great-grandchild

Who is the person in your life you that you can talk to about anything? My best friend Telima

June 29th, 2010, 03:18 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many siblings did you have growing up? Two brothers

Where did you go to school and what did you take? Washington State, I have a degree in Biology

What do you do for a living? SAHM

What is your favorite thing to do with a free afternoon? Ride my horse

What's your absolute favorite meal? I love pork tenderloin

What is your favorite drink? Margarita

What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Depends on the day...shower, clean up before kids arrive, pick up the crying baby, etc.

Do you have any pets? two dogs, two cats, and a horse

Do you have any special skills? I have a pretty good memory, which meant that I did well academically. I am okay at crafty things and photography. I can handle myself on a horse .

What is your favorite book? Jane Eyre

What is your favorite movie? Happy Gilmore

What sports do you do/did you do growing up? Basketball, fastpitch softball, a bit of rodeo, and eventing (horse).

What sports do you enjoy watching on tv? Football, basketball, some baseball. I prefer watching college sports.

What do you and your SO do on a night out? Dinner

What's your all time favorite car? Not much of a car person...but I like the look of old muscle cars.

What do you actually drive? a minivan

Where did you meet your SO? college, we lived in the same dorm

Where's the farthest you have travelled? Grand Cayman

What's one thing you want to do before you die? See Machu Pichu

Who is the person in your life you that you can talk to about anything? dh

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
June 29th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many siblings did you have growing up?
One sister -- she is 5 years older than me.

Where did you go to school and what did you take?
University of Central Florida -- Management Information Systems

What do you do for a living?
I manage a team of 50 people (4 levels). It is a call center and a helpdesk for our company of more than 16,000 employees. Never a dull moment!

What is your favorite thing to do with a free afternoon?
Hmmm.. a pedicure and/or a massage sound amazing!

What's your absolute favorite meal?
I grew up not eating meat. I started eating fish, chicken and turkey in college. Within the last year, I started eating steak. Now, I frequently crave a good filet mignon.

What is your favorite drink?
non-alcoholic: chocolate milk
alcoholic: Mai Tai

What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
go pee!!!!

Do you have any pets?
one very crazy cat. She doesn't like to be petted very much, but she is very social and wants to be near you (just out of arms reach). She is very strange.

Do you have any special skills?
nope -- i'm very untalented -- people say I have the patiences of a saint -- not sure you would consider that a special skill though

What is your favorite book?
Anything by Frank Peretti

What is your favorite movie?
Hmmm.. I have a few "oldies" I really like.... Shawshank Redemption; Sliding Doors; Second Hand Lions; The Pursuit of Happyness

What sports do you do/did you do growing up?
Played a little basketball in high-school -- certainly not anything you could call really competitive -- just an intramural leage at school.

Now, I really enjoy Flag Football. I stopped playing when I was pregnant the first time and just haven't gotten back into it. I think there is a group of us that are going to play again in the fall.

What sports do you enjoy watching on tv?
FOOTBALL!!!! (GO VIKINGS!) I like watching just about any sport when it's a big game. Hockey, boxing and wrestling are about the only things I CAN'T get into. My employees at work (mostly guys) get all impressed when I can talk sports with them.

What do you and your SO do on a night out?
Dinner, usually.

What's your all time favorite car?
I rented a 2010 Mustang Convertible when I was in California this year. I must say I REALLY enjoyed it. I think it would be a cool "fun" car, but it's not very practical.

What do you actually drive?
Lexus RX330 -- a friend of mine bought it used from auction and got it really cheap. I'm going to cry when that car dies on me cuz I'm sure I'll probably never be able to get another one.

Where did you meet your SO?
Ohhh... long story... Well, we both went to the same high school, so I can't tell you for sure where we first MET, but I can tell you that 10 years before we ever started dating, we were paired up as "partners" in my sister's wedding. He was friends with the groom. 10 years later when my dad found out who I was dating, he pulled out pictures from my sisters wedding. Let's just say the photos weren't too flattering for either of us. LOL

We started hanging out with the same social group at church. I had my eye on him for a little while and he finally noticed me.

Where's the farthest you have travelled?
I'm really not sure which is physically farther (I am HORRIBLE at geography!!!!) but I've been to Alaska and I've been to Italy. I think Italy is further away, but Alaska is really far away from Florida!!!!

What's one thing you want to do before you die?
see Aurora borealis

Who is the person in your life you that you can talk to about anything?
dh

June 30th, 2010, 06:12 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many siblings did you have growing up? I have 4 brothers and 2 sisters. 1 sister and two brothers are half siblings, the rest are step siblings. BUT, we have all grown up our whole lives together, so I really don't see them as anything but my true brothers and sisters.

Where did you go to school and what did you take? I went to a community college in Arizona and in Iowa. I have my associates degree. I am slowly working on a Business Management Degree. My husband works for a college, so I can take classes for free there.

What do you do for a living? I am a cost accounting supervisor for a Japanese manufacturing company. We make chicken and pig feed. I live in Iowa, so of course I work in a farming industry lol!

What is your favorite thing to do with a free afternoon? Spend it with DH, DS and our two dogs. I love to go hiking or for a long stroll on our bike path.

What's your absolute favorite meal? I love BBQ chicken, Baken Beans, Coleslaw and Corn on the Cob....mmmmmmmmmmm

What is your favorite drink? Lemonade (I love summer)

What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Morning are me time....I get up before everyone else, shower, get ready, eat breakfast, watch the news and relax.

Do you have any pets? I have two awesome dogs we resuced from our local shelter. Kaya and Gracie.

Do you have any special skills? hahaha....I can bend my tounge into a double taco

What is your favorite book? I love the Women in His Life and A Woman of Substance by Barbra Taylor Bradford

What is your favorite movie? 50 First Dates - I think I have seen that Move 1000 times

What sports do you do/did you do growing up? Softball and Track. I was First base / Shortstop in Softball and I ran the 400 meter relay and 800 meter races. I did the long jump too, but wasn't very good at it.

What sports do you enjoy watching on tv? I will watch football sometimes, it reminds me of weekends with my dad - he is always watching football.

What do you and your SO do on a night out? We normally go out to eat and to a movie, or go and hang out with our freinds.

What's your all time favorite car? I am looking at buying a Ford Edge right now, so that is all I can think about.

What do you actually drive? Oldmobile Intriuge

Where did you meet your SO? I met him at Pizza Hut, we both worked there - He was a senior in High School and I was fresh out of High School. We were friends for 3 years, dated for 4 years and have been married for almost 6 years.

Where's the farthest you have travelled? I have been to mexico many times.

What's one thing you want to do before you die? I want to Travel Overseas and jump out of an airplane!

Who is the person in your life you that you can talk to about anything? My husband. He is my best freind.

Last edited by IAMommy; June 30th, 2010 at 06:16 AM.
June 30th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyanne View Post
What's one thing you want to do before you die? See Machu Pichu
Kelly dh and I went there for our honeymoon, we hiked the Inca trail which takes you right to Machu Pichu and it's just amazing. It's probably the best trip we have ever taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMommy View Post
What's one thing you want to do before you die?jump out of an airplane!
That's one of my dreams, I have wanted to do that since I was kid, everyone thinks I'm crazy

June 30th, 2010, 09:55 AM
How many siblings did you have growing up? Growing up just one sister. I have 2 half brothers but I did not grow up with them.

Where did you go to school and what did you take? I went to Cal State San Marcos and got a BA in Social Sciences

What do you do for a living? I'm an administrative coordinator for the History Department. I pretty much run the department (useless boss)

What is your favorite thing to do with a free afternoon? When I get a free afternoon, I will let you.

What's your absolute favorite meal? I think it would be pizza.

What is your favorite drink? All I drink it's water and coffee

What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? PEE then on the weekdays take a shower. On the weekend- Get Alex

Do you have any pets? One dog, rescue from the pound, she's now 9, but a puppy at heart.

Do you have any special skills? I wish I have really good memory, that's about it.

What is your favorite book? It's called the rain of gold, it's an awesome story

What is your favorite movie? It would have to be a toss between, Top Gun and Gone with the Wind

What sports do you do/did you do growing up? I was in gymnastics, in High school we played baseball, soccer and basketball.

What sports do you enjoy watching on tv? Soccer (world cup, European League), Olympics and sometimes football.

What do you and your SO do on a night out? We haven't had one of those yet.

What's your all time favorite car? Don't really have one.....For the longest time it was the Audi TT

What do you actually drive? Toyota Matrix and I love it

Where did you meet your SO? Through a friend of mine. She did an intership in the company dh works

Where's the farthest you have travelled? Well from the States it would have to be Spain. I have gone to Peru, and Italy (but Italy I lived in Madrid)

What's one thing you want to do before you die? I'm with Sam on this one-jump out of an airplane!

Who is the person in your life you that you can talk to about anything? Dh I guess.

July 1st, 2010, 07:42 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many siblings did you have growing up? I have 10 siblings I'm the middle child.

Where did you go to school and what did you take? Is this college? I took medical administration.

What do you do for a living? Medical administration, but home for a year

What is your favorite thing to do with a free afternoon? What is a free afternoon? If daddy stays home with Logan and a bottle of pumped bm, I usually go for some pampering...a pedicure, and hopefully in the near future, a massage.

What's your absolute favorite meal? Hmmm...my sister B's homemade pancakes with homemade pincherry jelly

What is your favorite drink? Once upon a time, a traditional margarita with lots of salt. Now alcohol is wasted on me, so it would have to be a Starbucks skinny vanilla latte.

What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Nurse little man

Do you have any pets? We have a pet Mexican Red Knee tarantula. Once Logan is old enough, we will be getting a puppy!!

Do you have any special skills? Other then my mad mommy skills? I can whistle on a blade of grass.

What is your favorite book? I don't have an all-time favorite, but some authors I enjoy are Nicholas Sparks, Nora Roberts, Kathy Reichs, and Louis L'Amour.

What is your favorite movie? Again, no all-time favorite, but a few are Little Miss Sunshine, Big Daddy, and Little Rascals

What sports do you do/did you do growing up? Growing up, baseball. Now, marathon nursing

What sports do you enjoy watching on tv? Equine and ice dancing.

What do you and your SO do on a night out? Probably obsess about how Logan is doing hahaha J is planning on taking me out to a fancy restaurant for my birthday.

What's your all time favorite car? 1967 Shelby Mustang GT 500 (Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds)

What do you actually drive? I don't drive, J does. We drive a truck that we hate. Hoping to get a car next year!

Where did you meet your SO? I was his boss at a fast food restaurant He charmed my pants off (not literally!!!!)

Where's the farthest you have travelled? A different province. Never been out of Canada (yet).

What's one thing you want to do before you die? Feel confident that I did the best I could as a mom.

Who is the person in your life you that you can talk to about anything? My sister, B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitridge View Post
That's one of my dreams, I have wanted to do that since I was kid, everyone thinks I'm crazy
Not crazy at all!!!! J and I have skydived twice, once solo and once tandem, and next year, we might get our certification to jump on our own (only thing holding us back is the $$, it's expensive!).

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Last edited by ..Penelope..; July 1st, 2010 at 07:47 AM.
July 1st, 2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Penelope.. View Post
What sports do you do/did you do growing up? Now, marathon nursing
I hear ya I remembered those days where all you did was to nursing, miss those days
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Penelope.. View Post
Not crazy at all!!!! J and I have skydived twice, once solo and once tandem, and next year, we might get our certification to jump on our own (only thing holding us back is the $$, it's expensive!).
Ok, now I'm jealous

July 1st, 2010, 10:31 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMommy View Post
Do you have any special skills? hahaha....I can bend my tounge into a double taco

I wanna see a picture

July 1st, 2010, 01:32 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
What is your favorite thing to do with a free afternoon? Ride my horse
Super jealous Kelly!!!!

Quote:
Where did you meet your SO? I met him at Pizza Hut, we both worked there - He was a senior in High School and I was fresh out of High School. We were friends for 3 years, dated for 4 years and have been married for almost 6 years.
Sam that's SO funny! I met DH at Pizza Hut too. I was a manager and he was a driver. We hated each other, I fired him twice. Don't how we ever hooked up but were still like fire and ice LOL!

Quote:
What do you do for a living? Medical administration, but home for a year
Me too! Do you work at a hospital or a doctors office?
July 2nd, 2010, 10:29 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
What do you actually drive? Toyota Matrix and I love it
We have a Matrix too, it is more of DH's car now...but we drive it when we travel to save on gas. I do love to drive that car!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
July 5th, 2010, 09:12 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many siblings did you have growing up? One older brother and one younger brother

Where did you go to school and what did you take? Got my BS in Biology

What do you do for a living? I used to work as a medical technologist running bloodwork on patients in a hospital lab

What is your favorite thing to do with a free afternoon? I don't have any! But if I did maybe go shopping with my mom, actually I did get to do that a month ago for the first time in a while (without the baby)

What's your absolute favorite meal? Hard to say just one... I really like enchildas

What is your favorite drink? apple juice

What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? trying to start taking my temp again for charting but that hasn't worked out too well usually look at the monitor and determine if Matthew will go back to sleep or not depending on what time it is

Do you have any pets? We have one cat, Stormy

Do you have any special skills? nothing that leaps to mind. I make up silly songs for Matthew

What is your favorite book? can't pick just one. I like fantasy/science fictiony things and historical fiction

What is your favorite movie? no great favorite. I'm not a big movie person.

What sports do you do/did you do growing up? Marching band

What sports do you enjoy watching on tv? Err...nothing really. The olympics sometimes I guess

What do you and your SO do on a night out? If we go out it's usually to dinner/lunch.

What's your all time favorite car? I don't know but I want a minivan and my Dh says no

What do you actually drive? A honda civic. I like it, great gas mileage, just will be too small when we have 2 kids

Where did you meet your SO? I've known him since middle school. We were both in band.

Where's the farthest you have travelled? I went on a cruise with my grandparents when I was 19, to Russia and the Scandanavian countries

What's one thing you want to do before you die? go to Hawaii

Who is the person in your life you that you can talk to about anything? I talk to my mom about almost everything.

July 8th, 2010, 06:54 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
How many siblings did you have growing up? 2, 1 younger sister and 1 much younger brother

Where did you go to school and what did you take? University of Virginia (BA in Govt) and law school also in Virginia

What do you do for a living? in-bound technology licensing agreements for a multi-national corp.

What is your favorite thing to do with a free afternoon? Read a book while relaxing at the pool (or beach)

What's your absolute favorite meal? Hrmm this is tough 'cause I like a lot of things...probably a really good steak.

What is your favorite drink? Easy! Iced Tea...followed closely by coffee!

What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Feed Savannah...and that's the first thing I do when I wake up in the middle of the night too

Do you have any pets? Yes, one incredibly narcissistic cat (whom I love dearly)

Do you have any special skills? Does typing incredibly fast to post on JM count? I love to write - novels, poems, whatever inspires me.

What is your favorite book? Wow this is tough one because I have so many favorites...The Sun Also Rises by Hemmingway is probably my all time favs, but I also love anything by Neil Gaiman

What is your favorite movie? The Last Emperor

What sports do you do/did you do growing up? Gymnastics, until I got too tall for it

What sports do you enjoy watching on tv? Football (American only, sorry Patty ) and F1 racing

What do you and your SO do on a night out? Sheesh we haven't had one in sooo long I forget Usually dinner and something else, a movie or go to see a play or concert

What's your all time favorite car? If I win the lottery, I'm getting an Aston Martin

What do you actually drive? Acura TL (older model...fully paid off YAY so i might just drive it until it dies LOL)

Where did you meet your SO? In law school at a mutual friend's Halloween Party

Where's the farthest you have travelled? I think Spain is officially the furthest

What's one thing you want to do before you die? See Savannah grown up...I'd love to meet my grandchildren one day. On the fun side, I definitely want to see the pyramids in Egypt

Who is the person in your life you that you can talk to about anything? Definitely my husband - we're obnoxiously BFFs

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
July 8th, 2010, 03:45 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
How many siblings did you have growing up? 8 - 7 bros, 1 sis. I also have a half brother I've never met IRL.

Where did you go to school and what did you take? No college yet. Planning on going to school to become an RN here shortly.

What do you do for a living? SAHM

What is your favorite thing to do with a free afternoon? If I had one, read.

What's your absolute favorite meal? Pretty much anything with cheese..... Or pot roast with mashed potatoes and green beans.

What is your favorite drink? Root bear or a Pink ***** (tequila rose and Amaretto).

What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Pee.

Do you have any pets? Two cats, Caboose and Yeti, two snakes, Salmissra and Copper and a plethora of fish. I'm so jealous of the tarantula, P! DH won't let me get one.

Do you have any special skills? Um, not really. I have hobbies, but not particularly spectacular at any of them. Jewelry making, cross-stitch. I'm trying to learn to knit.

What is your favorite book? The Giver by Lois Lowry. It's only 4th grade reading level, but every time I read it I glean something new!

What is your favorite movie? Labyrinth! Also My Fair Lady, Zoolander, and The Incredibles.

What sports do you do/did you do growing up? Gymnastics, soccer, cross-country and track. I ran the 1500 and 800.

What sports do you enjoy watching on tv? Olympics, sometimes ice skating or gymnastics. DH watches baseball, so sometimes I'll watch it too.

What do you and your SO do on a night out? Usually dinner and a movie.

What's your all time favorite car? 68 mustang convertible

What do you actually drive? Ford Focus

Where did you meet your SO? Through my exbf.

Where's the farthest you have traveled? France when I was 15.

What's one thing you want to do before you die? Not really sure. Maybe take a cruise? Check me out with my high aspirations!

Who is the person in your life you that you can talk to about anything? My friend Meaghan, who my older DD calls Dragon. Not sure why.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search