Updates

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi girls!
Well this board died
Lets pick it up
How are you all doing?
Pg moms give updates!
For those ttc (if we have any)-how are things going?
How are the little ones?
Any exciting news?

Last edited by Pitridge; November 15th, 2010 at 03:18 PM.
November 17th, 2010, 02:21 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
yay Patty - we do totally need to get this group back together!

We are doing great - Savannah's rapidly approaching her birthday and I'm in denial that she's no longer a BABY and is a toddler instead *sob* DH meanwhile is loving this toddler stage so doesn't get why i'm kinda sad at losing my sweet little baby to this go, go, go all the time toddler who barely has time for snuggles anymore.

ANYWAY, in other crazy news I have wild animals in my attic...pest control is coming tomorrow to check it out - they think it's squirrels although it was SO loud I was panicked it was rabid raccoons or something. I can't even begin to express how freaked out I've been knowing I have animals running around in the attic...hopefully we'll get it sorted out & animal-free before all of our families arrive for Savannah's bday & Thanksgiving next week.

On the TTC front...we're not (yet) I don't think I updated here that out of desperation to lose the remaining 15lbs of pregnancy weight I started WW Online back in late Aug...and I'm happily now slightly below pre-preg weight (yay) but I've been so inspired I'm going to spend the next few months trying to lose a final (extra) 15lbs before we TTC again. DH is really not ready to talk 2nd baby, so I'm trying to warm him up to TTC next summer (June/July) which is my master plan

I've got a ton of new photos on camera but haven't uploaded them....when I do I'll come back and post them so you can see how BIG Savannah is. I *think* her 12 month appt stats will have her above 32" and possibly as much as 23-24lbs

How's everyone else doing??? catch me up on the latest!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
November 18th, 2010, 08:26 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, Lara! Big congrats on the weight....I'm must admit I'm a bit jealous right now as I sit here feeling like an ever-expanding whale . I totally get how you feel about losing the "baby" stage. Juliana is 18 months old at the end of the month. But, I'm also with your husband, the next 12 months are such a blast! She'll start talking lots, which is just SOOO amazing. I think it would be hysterical to see Savannah and Juliana next to one another....I don't think Ana has made 30 inches and she is about 20 lbs. But, of course, she can run, stand on the back of couch, talk, and understand nearly everything I say to her. Still no hair...well, some in the back...a mullet . We are working on losing the pacifier and the bottle (she still likes warmed up bottles of milk in the morning and at night). We also plan to start our potty training soon. Juliana LOVES books....she brings us books all day long and gets upset if we don't drop everything and read them to her. She even knows the names of some...."Rilla" for Goodnight Gorilla, and "La La La" for Boyton's Moo Baa La La La. Its so cute when she brings the book and says "Rilla, Rilla".

My pregnancy is zipping along. 30 weeks today. My first blood tests came back great for glucose levels and for bile acids (my liver issues)....so BIG hooray for that. I'm gaining weight rather fast this time....either my body just knows the drill or I'm baking one that is a bit bigger than my girls. Man is he wild...I hope his activity in-utero does not correlate to his behavior outside. I think the end of the pregnancy will go a bit faster than the others because of the holidays. Just thinking about it all makes my mind hurt.

We had our first snow this morning....about 2 inches of wet, wet yuckiness. Cori was really excited until I explained that there is just no way she can build a snowman with that snow. But we're supposed to get the real deal along with temps in the single digits by the weekend. Winter is here.

Hope you all are doing wonderfully! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAVANNAH!!!!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
November 18th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ladies!!

I miss you all. I check back here frequenly, but things have been far to quiet. Let's start "making some noise".

Makenna is doing amazing. She is 17 months TODAY! Time flies so fast. One of my friends just had a baby last week so I got to hold a brand new 6lb 1oz baby girl. Oh boy, do I have baby fever!!!!!! Makenna came out at 8lbs 14oz, so holding a 6lb 1oz baby was amazing.

Makenna is busy cutting lots of teeth. She won't let me in there to see exactly how many, but I catch frequent glimpses during different events (like swinging her upside down). I think she has between 12 and 16 teeth, but I'm not quite sure. She is quite the imitator. She makes facial expressions like I’ve never seen toddler make. I’m starting to notice just how much she sees when we are out in public. If she is don’t something I’ve never seen her do before (cross her arms a certain way) if I look around, I usually find someone else doing the same thing. There is a Chuck E Cheese commercial that comes on before Curious George where kids are dancing and she mimics all of it. She runs herself in circles and spins around. It is so much fun to watch her.

She LOVES shoes. She calls all shoes “pretty”. Notices other people shoes and of course tries to put on any shoes she can get her hands on. She likes to tickle the bottoms of our feet and of course we “react” with squeals and giggles.

She used to love books, but lately she has been less interested. Because we both work, books are usually done at bedtime. Sometimes I think that she is either just really tired and would rather go to bed and other times I think she is just bored of some of the same books. She gets excited about getting the book and we get 2 pages into it and then she is closing it and pushing it away.

Her favorite thing is this push car she can ride in and we walk around the block. My sister started using the sloped driveway and she “launches” her up the driveway in the car and then she rolls back down. She LOVES it.

So, no news on the TTC front here. Our last plan was to wait until January at least. We have a big family cruise scheduled in May so I didn’t want to be too far along on that. My goal is to get pregnant sometime between January and June next year. It took us 11 months to get pregnant with Makenna so I hope it doesn’t take that long again.

I’m at work now, so I can’t post any pictures, but It’s on my list to get some updated pictures posted.

I’m enjoying the updates…. Keep ‘em coming!

November 18th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe how are babies are all growing up so fast.....

Well my update on the TTC front it's over...My last change for a while was this month and Af decided to show up.....
Now with this comes that Dh is already is Belgium.....he left almost 2 weeks ago went home and he's been there for a week. So we ate going to TTC again when we see each other over x-mas at my moms

So, we are moving, I only have one more month left here in sunny Cali I am packing all of our stuff, so that's keeping me busy.

Alex is doing great, he's talking up a storm in English and Spanish, he still doesn't say full sentences, but with time he will. He loves to read, I have to read him the same 4 books every night otherwise he gets mad. He's a little daredevil but love him to pieces

November 19th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HUGE congrats Lara on the weight loss. I am such a huge fan of WW's. I lost 30lbs on it before I had my kiddies and I really need to get back on it. I am still about 30lbs over my preprego weight. I can't wait until you start TTC again! Let us know so we can root you on. I can't wait to hear how big Savannah is at her appt and all about her birthday party. Make sure you share pics of her party, I love party pics.

Wow 30 weeks already Kelly!!! Where has the time gone? Seriously I think my eyes popped right out of my head when I read that. How are the girls dealing with the pg? Are they excited for their little brother? I wanna see some girl in the snow pics soon! I love making snowmen, I can't wait to do it with Benjamin this year.

Hey Sacha don't worry about the books thing. Benjamin went through a whole phase around Makenna's age where he didn't want to sit still to read books. About six months or so later he started being able to sit down again. Hopefully it passes over for her. Too funny about the shoes! She is such a character.

Patty I am obviously out of the loop but where are you moving?

As for my little angels (baaahaaahaahahah!) they are doing great. Jacob is starting to show signs of walking. He can stand up by himself and even dances on his own but still hasn't quite got that walking thing down yet. He has the weirdest teeth! He has his two bottom and only one on top and he is getting his canine teeth now. I swear one will be through tomorrow morning, but he still doesn't have his middle top tooth. Anyone heard of that? He is a very happy little guy most of the time, he it just dying to be big like Benjamin and seeing as how he might be my last I am trying so hard to keep him little LOL! His first birthday is coming up very soon and I am trying to get started on planning his birthday but I am so distracted with Christmas that it's been hard. Plus, I am in a bit of denial that he is almost a year old. I really, really don't want him to grow up

Benjamin is doing better now. He doesn't act out as much, not sure why LOL He is starting to come around in school. He actually played with some classmates the other day and talked to the teacher - both a HUGE step for him. I was thinking about pulling him out but his teacher begged me for a bit longer, she thinks he is starting to come out of his shell. He is really fighting the potty training, he can go and knows to go but he won't because he just doesn't want to. I am not even sure what to do, everyone says to just leave him so I have been. He goes when he wants but most of the time he doesn't bother.

We just spent tonight putting up the tree and watching Rudolph (which he actually watched the whole thing!) He loved putting up the tree and Jacob loved pulling out all the decorations and chasing them all over the floor. It was the perfect Christmas evening and really got me in the mood. Benjamin is super excited for Santa to come since he met him at the Christmas parade so I am so excited for all the Christmas crap that I usually hate LOL! It's so different with kiddies, they love it! We are having our Christmas portraite taken tomorrow and when I get them I'll post them on here. Oh and when I scan Benjamin's school pic I'll post them on here too. They are SOOOO cute!

Sorry for the long post, I had lots to say apparently

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search