Savannah's 12 month appt

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2010, 10:37 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
...went great this morning! She's doing awesome & pedi is happy with her milestones and walking, etc. She's still a BIG girl - 31.5" long (97+%), 24lbs (85-90%) and head i think was 18" (~75%). So when I complain about how freaking heavy she is to carry these days, apparently I'm right! But a great arm workout if nothing else

We did have 4 vax shots today, with 2 being live (MMR & Varicella) so wish us luck that she doesn't have any major reaction to any of them...

Other than that we've been ok'd to migrate her to cows milk (we hadn't tried it yet)...pedi wants us to continue holding off on nuts (esp. tree nuts) primarily b/c Savannah's cousin is severely allergic to them and I guess they recommend delaying until 3 years of age where there's a family history of nut allergy. I told him I ate so much peanut butter while I was pregnant with her that she'll either have total immunity to nut allergies or I've primed her to be horribly allergic (let's hope it's the former)

I still owe you ladies a birthday party update (crazy meets chaos is the short version) + pics...I have yet to upload the pics to the computer but will try to do that this weekend and finally get a post up.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
December 3rd, 2010, 12:31 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe she's already a year!
Are you pumping? What I did with Alex was start him little by little. 1oz of cow milk at the time and see how she does, until she's fully on it.

I'm glad she doing so good!

December 3rd, 2010, 12:49 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lara,

It's NOT possible. She can't be a year old already. You reminded me, I need to schedule Makenna's 18mo appt (since she turns 18mos in 15 days).

How did Savannah do with the shots? One month, dh took Makenna by himself for the shot visit (it was only a shot visit) and she didn't cry one bit. Then, the next time we both took her, she cried bloody murder.

I'm curious -- do you shorten Savannah to anything?

Thanks for the update. It was so great to hear from you.

December 4th, 2010, 12:53 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
I can't believe she's a YEAR old either! My baby is a toddler *sob*

Patty - nope I've pretty much stopped pumping entirely now...i'm hoping I won't need to next week at all, and if not I'm prepared to declare myself completely done with the pump!

Sacha - When she had her blood test & flu shots she didn't cry at all, so I had hoped it'd be the same this time. She was fine until the 2nd shot and then just was screaming like we were boiling her in oil Her legs are swollen today but no fever or anything, so far so good. We haven't shortened her name at all - she's just Savannah....or Savannasaurus Rex when she's yelling And I can't believe Makenna's almost 1 1/2 years old either...sheesh time is flying...

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
December 5th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Savannasaurus Rex -- I love it!
We haven't shortened Makenna at all either. We definitly don't want to call her "Mack" and "Kenna" isn't really any shorter. Every once in a while I call her Miss Em.

December 8th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad that her appointment went well Wow a year already !
December 8th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I swear we were just "chatting" about FF and bedazzling the thermometer. Your little princess is already ONE! WoW! A belated happy b-day from Aunt Kelty. I'll be around more now.

December 9th, 2010, 08:35 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a great appointment! Hope she is doing well on milk....my girls have both LOVED it. Now get ready for talking!! Really though, I think between 12-18 is one of my very favorite times.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search