Juliana's 18 month appointment

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2010, 10:02 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Her appointment went well, we saw a new doc. After all my worry about her speech, she is on the high end of the spectrum now. He said 50 words was alot for 18 mo (really??) and looked surprised when I said she has AT LEAST that. She is still a little thing...just about the same as Cori was....22 lb 11 oz and 30.8 inches. 25% for height and weight, which means she is proportionate at least . At 9 mo she was in the 13%, so she is going up. 4 shots today, the nurse was slow , but as soon as it was over she was totally fine and has been since. Cori used to be fussy for hours after, so it was nice. She has molars coming in and they are taking their sweet time, but don't seem to be causing too much grief. Next comes the tantrum stage...just in time for a new baby . She has thrown a few doozies already....almost always about food, "apppppple....apppple....!" or "Mooooom, millllllk!!" She does like her food!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
December 9th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's doing great! So happy to hear that. 50 words, that's a lot, I don't think Alex had that many in both languages put together.
So where are those belly pictures?

December 10th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad she is doing well, That is alot of words ,Kaetlin does not say alot ,She makes the sounds but that is about it , So She is doing Very well !!
December 10th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's a lot of words. a Great talker! Max's favorite word is "circle". He pronounces it "girkel". Tantrums about food. Hmmmm...sounds like me. Great appointment. Your little peanut is getting bigger! Of course Max was over 26 lbs at his 12 month appt. He's a real bruiser. He was 90% for length, 85% for weight and his head is off the charts. He's on the other end of the spectrum from your little princess. Great appointment for you. I can't wait to see where Max is at his next appt in Jan.

Oh, and your pics are adorable!

December 11th, 2010, 06:48 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like she is doing great!!! over 50 words is a really good amount to be saying.....I think Cecil is in that range too. I'm glad she did well with her shots! That is a releif.

She is such a cutie and I love the hats you make for your girls!
December 11th, 2010, 09:31 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies, we think she's pretty cute too. I think the language thing has lots to do with the fact that I was so worried when she wouldn't babble that we worked with her a lot. Also, dh, myself, and Cori, we aren't exactly quiet people . Patty - I'm working on the belly pics....need to have DH take one. Suffice it to say, I'm getting big. Also, Alex may not have as many words in both languages now, but he will be SOOO happy in the long run being bilingual. I wish I could offer that to my children.
Kelty - 26 lbs! My back would go out! I read that outloud to my DH and he nearly choked on his bite of food . Probably a good thing that Max is a bruiser, being the youngest of 4 boys!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
December 18th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am SO sorry, somehow I missed this?
I am glad I found it though because that pic is priceless! Your girls are so sweet in your siggy pic too. Glad to hear everything went well at her appt.
And the next time she has a tantrum over food just think of all us Moms trying to get food down our little ones and be happy she eats well LOL! Besides, all women have a tantrum over food at one point or another

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search