Makenna's 18 month appt

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies!

We took Makenna in for her 18 month apointment today. She is 25lbs and 13oz and is 34 1/4". That puts her at about 75th percentile for weight and off the charts on height. The doctor predicted that she will be at least 5'10". Maybe we should start teaching her basketball. LOL

The trip to the 18 month appt didn't go as planned. I picked her up from day care (I called them 20 minutes before I left because I forgot to tell them we were picking her up a little early). When I got there, the babysitter met me in the driveway and I noticed Makenna wasn't wearing her own clothes. (Yesterday she spilled juice on her shirt and I forgot to put a new emergency shirt in her bag). It turns out that she had just thrown up so the babysitter gave her a bath and let us borrow some of her granddaughter's clothes. She had been feeling fine all day and she had no fever. We were on the way to the Dr.'s anyway. On the way there, she started throwing up again. She seemed like she was gagging / choking and I quickly pulled the car over. Poor girl, she was already in borrowed clothes and now they were soaked too. By some miracle I had her dress from church still in the car -- it was better than nothing. DH was on his way to meet me at the peds. (He goes to every appt. -- he's such a great daddy). I called him to ask where he was. He couldn't hear me over Makenna screaming, but suddenly I looked and he was pulling up behind us. We got her cleaned up and dh gave her a ride in the clean car seat. We made it to the peds. office and she spit up one more time (there wasn't much left in her stomach) but we made it to the bathroom and she didn't get too much on herself.

She still has no fever, so I don't know what's going on. I don't know if it was something she ate or if something more is coming. I don't have much going on at work tomorrow, so I'll probably stay home with her. This is only the 2nd illness she has been sick enough to throw up. Last one was just about a year ago. I guess it's the season -- but considering she is in daycare (even though it's a small in-home one) she is still in close contact with about 10 other kids) I think she has stayed quite healthy.

That's our update. Busy time of year with holiday parties, shopping, cleaning, getting ready for guests, planning menus, etc. It's busy, but it is fun too.

December 18th, 2010, 08:43 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the update...sounds like she is growing well and doing good....besides the throwing up. We had a bug that sounds similar go through our household about 3 weeks ago. Every one of us got it....but Cori threw up way more than the rest of us....I think she is just like that. Anyway, it only lasted about 12 hours per person here, so hopefully it is over quickly for Makenna. Have a wonderful holiday season! We are preparing to travel, which I think may be just as stressful with two (nearly three) kiddos!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
December 18th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww poor Makenna Sorry she is sick. Yes it is certainly going around. Jacob has been sick with one aliment or another for a long time now. I hate the winter for that very reason!
Glad that her check up went well otherwise. Man she is gonna be tall!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search