Chit Chat

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ladies,

Let's try this again. What are you up to today? My sister is coming over to the house tonight and we are going to start the online classes of Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. I'm kind of excited about it. We will be watching the videos while Makenna plays in the livingroom -- we will se how well that goes!

What are you ladies up to? Let's get this thread MOVIN'!

March 9th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Today I have no plans other then to run out and grab something for dinner and workout. I need to go grocery shopping but its raining out and I dont want to drag Madison out in it longer then I have too.

March 9th, 2011, 07:37 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am holed up with 3 sick kiddos while DH works tons of overtime. Toby has his first cold , luckily it doesn't seem to be as bad as the girls. Cori has had a really rough time and she rarely gets sick at all. Juliana has a fever and runny nose, but it hasn't slowed her down one bit.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
March 9th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Madison's Mommy~ View Post
Today I have no plans other then to run out and grab something for dinner and workout. I need to go grocery shopping but its raining out and I dont want to drag Madison out in it longer then I have too.

DH does most of our grocery shopping -- it's good though. If I went, I would buy out the store. I always have to ask him, "Is this a good price for Asparagus?" He enjoys the shopping and cooking though. I just do it when he needs a break.

I hate trying to go out in the rain with a toddler. Makenna has discovered the joy of jumpping in puddles. It's cute but very messy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyanne View Post
I am holed up with 3 sick kiddos while DH works tons of overtime. Toby has his first cold , luckily it doesn't seem to be as bad as the girls. Cori has had a really rough time and she rarely gets sick at all. Juliana has a fever and runny nose, but it hasn't slowed her down one bit.
Aww.. poor little kiddos. I hope you don't get sick too. I stress out when Makenna gets sick. I can't imagine with THREE of them. So, how much has it changed to have 3 kids instead of 2? Are you absolutely exhausted?

March 10th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I have an eye doctor appointment today. I have had my current pair of glasses for about 6 or 7 YEARS. I'm so nervous to find a new style. Since I keep my glasses forever, I don't want to look like a total nerd in a year or two. I hope I find some I really like.

March 10th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Trying on glasses is fun! Although, I don't have to wear them all the time so style has never been as important for me. I hope you find a great new style!

Sacha, three hasn't been that much different than two...except when I'm trying to go somewhere. Its really tough for one person to take 3 little ones to the store. Or like right now, when everyone is sick and needy....then I feel like I need more arms. Toby still gets up every 2-3 hours to eat, so I am pretty tired. Last night Juliana was burning up with fever and ended up next to me too....didn't get too much sleep with her there.

My dh does lots of our cooking too. But I still do most of the grocery shopping. Figuring out good prices and whatnot is definitely my thing.

March 10th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Today I am going out to grab a digital test so that I can see those pretty words "pregnant"

March 11th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Pretty standard day today. Work and then Tijuana Flats (Casual Mexican Restaurant) with some friends.

I ordered new glasses, but it's going to take 2 weeks for them to be ready. I picked them out all on my own. Well actually, I met a stranger and we kept asking each others opinion. Strange how it's so much easier to be honest with a stranger. I hope I did all right with my selection. I also bought a pair of prescription sun glasses for me to use in the car. I'm actually more confident about that selection than the regular glasses I picked. I've never had prescription sunglasses before. I've always just SQUINTED.

March 11th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Digital test from this morning

Today I will be making my first OB appointment!!

March 11th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~madison's mommy~ View Post
digital test from this morning

today i will be making my first ob appointment!!
sweet!!!!!

March 11th, 2011, 11:09 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Angie - congrats!!!!

Sacha - i have glasses too (although i usually wear contacts) and last year i picked out new frames, it is really tough to choose! Hope you have fun tonight!

Kelly - oh my gosh Toby is cute! i think we need new pictures of all your LOs...or really *I* just need them, but i figure everyone else would love to see them too

AFM...just the usual craziness with work & a toddler. We had Savannah's 15 month appt last week and yes, she's still huge she's 26 lbs 6oz (90%), 33 1/2" tall (off the charts, 97+%) and her wee lil head (comparatively speaking) is 18 1/4" so 50-60%. While I've been stressing her weight a little, it turns out i shouldn't have been - pedi says her height to weight ratio is perfect (50%). One bit of excitement is that after working on DH for months he's on board TTC a sibling for Savannah this summer - more to come on that!!!!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
March 11th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-SBB View Post
One bit of excitement is that after working on DH for months he's on board TTC a sibling for Savannah this summer - more to come on that!!!!
That's great! We will be TTC by the end of May or beginning of June. It would be cool to be pregnant together again.

March 12th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Angie - What a beautiful test!

Sacha - Hope you had fun at your dinner out, Mexican food actually sounds delicious.

Lara - So good to see you on here! Sounds like Savannah is doing great! The ratio is all that really matters...my girls are at about 50% too...just that they are in the 20th percentile or so . I will put some more pics up soon, I've got some great smiling pics of him now.

Well, I got out of the sick house today for the first time in 5 days. Unfortunately, it was to take Toby to the doc because of breathing difficulties, then to get violated (6 week postpartum and IUD put in), then to grocery shop. The good news is that Toby's O2 levels were great, so even though she said he has brochiolitis from whatever virus they have, he is home and not in the hospital. We just have to watch him closely, which is kinda stressful. Also, the IUD was not nearly as painful as I had expected, hopefully it works for me, I haven't had one before.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!

March 12th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Sacha - Hope you had fun at your dinner out, Mexican food actually sounds delicious.
It was nice. Makenna finished quickly and was ready to play but I brought a toy car that came out of the cherrio box. You pull it backwards and it zooms forward. It kept her quite occupied.

Quote:
then to get violated
That cracked me up!! Reminds me, I'm due for my pap. I guess I should get that done before we TTC. I'd rather not get "violated" when I go in for the first OB appt. It's too stressful because it can cause spotting and worry.

Today we are going to EPCOT. It's going to be a PERFECT day for it. Sunny, high of 71, zero chance of rain and a slight breeze.

Tomorrow I've planned to go to the outlet malls with my sister. With the warmer weather coming, I have very few clothes that fit. I have to buy size 2T now. She's getting SO big!!

March 12th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Today Madison and I have trip to the grocery store and costco's!

March 12th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Pictures!!

March 14th, 2011, 04:16 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey ladies! So glad you have started this thread.

Sacha.... Great job on picking out glasses on your own. I wear glasses too (mostly contacts) but picking out glasses is so hard since it's something you wear everyday. I'm so excited for you to TTC! I have found going from one to two isn't as hard as going from 0 to one.

Kelly, I love the hats you make! They are just beautiful. I started laughing when I saw the bunny ears.....so sweet. I hope your munchkins start feeling better soon. Hugs for all of you.

Angle, Madison is so cute nd she looks so grw n up! She is going to be an awesome big sister, congrats on your pregnancy

Lara, savanahs smile just melts my heart every time I see it. She is so cute! Yay for TTC this summer! I hope you get a beautiful BFP soon.

Yesterday was Ashers two month birthday, he is growing up so fast!! Cecil starts back to daycare today....just for a little bit today to get him used to going again. I start back to work next week and I'm not looking forward to it. We bought a minivan, and I love it. It is so much easier with the car seats, but I have to take it in o get it serviced today already, but luckily it is under warranty, and we do not have to pay anything.
March 14th, 2011, 07:26 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Sacha - it would be tooo much fun to be pregnant together! I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us...and i'm so envious of you going to Disney - everytime i see commercials i get more excited for the 1st time we'll take Savannah there

Angie - hope the shopping was fun! Savannah LOVES to go shopping now, mostly to grab things off shelves and wave at everyone

Kelly - oh my i love love love those pictures! especially the one with your girls looking down at Toby...that's beyond precious!!! And i have to ask - because i love all of the hats - do you make those yourself?? they are just adorable...if you're buying them i need to know where

Sam - i can not believe Asher is already 2 months old (!) where is time flying to??? The picture of him in your siggy is seriously one of the most beautiful newborn pictures i've ever seen - so perfect and peaceful...I hope Cecil adjusts well to daycare again - it's a whole different experience with them at this age...Savannah loves going and it's so cute to see her "playing" with the other toddlers. What type of minivan did you buy? We're going to get some type of SUV this summer because i just can't keep trying to haul Savannah in her carseat + all baby gear + whatever we buy in a regular car. I never understood why people needed such big vehicles...until i had 1 baby...now i have no idea how anyone gets anywhere without a bus if they have multiple kids

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
March 14th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Kelly - Your pictures are awesome!! I love his smile in the first one.

Sam -- I hope everything transitions well for cecil to go back to daycare. I've thought about how I would do this when I have a second. In order to keep my place in my very, very, dear daycare (that I would absolutely CRY if I had to send my kids anywhere else) I would have to keep paying to keep her spot. So, I think while I was home (12 weeks, hopefully) I would send her occasionally for shorter days. I'm not sure how I would feel once I actually have a 2nd baby though. It's so hard to imagine how you will react to certain things.

So glad you got a new mini-van. I think I could do a mini-van some day. I love my little SUV right now and hope it would still be enough for 2 kids.

Lara -- so let's do it. What do you think about a March or April 2012 baby? Sound good to you???

As for me -- had a great laugh this morning. At breakfast Makenna tooted and without being prompted, she said excuse me. Well actually, she said "smooze me" but I knew what she meant. And last night she kept making "bubbles" in the bath and cracked up every time she did it. Then she kept TRYING to make more bubbles -- I busted out laughing when she started grunting. LOL I wish I had the video camera on that one. I do have a video I took this last weekend that I will try to get uploaded for you guys to see.

I love hearing the updates. Help me find our less active members and see who we can get back on here. PATTY.... that's you.... I'm calling YOU!!!

March 15th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Lara - Thanks, and yes I do make the hats.

Sacha - Don't you just love this age? Their sense of humor really starts to come through. Juliana is a total ham...she'll do something, crack up at herself, and then say "funny". Lately, when we ride in the car she will yell "Cori" (well, CO-whee) repeatedly until Cori finally answers her. Then she'll spew some string of jibberish and laugh hysterically. This goes on and on.

Sam - I agree with Lara on your siggie pic. But I would love to see a current pic of him too!!

Last night poor Juliana's BA (pacifier) broke (I cut it on purpose). I hoped maybe this would be easier than just refusing to give it to her. It was still pretty heartbreaking to hear her say, "Oh no!" when she saw it. It was a rough night. Then, this morning she had it in her mouth anyway. Guess that didn't work.

We ARE making some progress with potty training, though. She has gone on her little potty at least once a day for the last week or so. I know we still have a LONG way to go, but I'm happy for any progress because cloth diapering two means lots of laundry!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search