Midmonth Check in

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2011, 02:36 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
How are you ladies doing?
How are the babies doing anything new going on?
Will you buy your babies/kids swim suits for the summer?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 17th, 2011, 07:35 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No complaints here! (Except that our laptop keyboard is messed up so this is really slow) I joined a roller derby team. Now there is a way to get one's hiney back in shape!

Toby will be 4 months old on Sunday. He spends his time chewing on his hands, trying desperately to roll from back to front, and flirting with anyone who glances his way. He is a total mama's boy right now and I am eating it up! (I know it probably won't last) He is a real talker too...we have lengthy "conversations" back and forth.

Juliana turns two soon! We are surprised every single day by the things she can do, phrases she has learned, etc. She seems to have an incredible memory. She can certainly be a challenge because she wants to be SO independent, but she is also very loving. She loves to snuggle and always tells me "I lub you". She is also doing awesome at potty training. Yay!

We definitely have lots of swimsuits in this house. My kids swim 2-3 times a week year-round. Cori takes lessons and can crawl stroke better than me by now .

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
May 18th, 2011, 01:42 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am alright. Seems like things have been hectic lately. i just started my own Mary Kay business and I am enjoying that and doing pretty well.
Thea's new thing is throwing fits - lol! She is getting to be be good at that. Daddy and I are really working to get that under control.
And we are amazed everyday at the things she says and does. She is just smart, and has a lot of core knowledge. She loves to know things and leard how things work. She saw me taking a Benadryl the other day and asked me if it would go to my bones. I explained that it would actually disolve and go into my blood, but I was impressed that she even had thought it out enough to think it might go to my bones!
We will get her a swimsuit soon - hasn't been warm enough here yet. We have a small baby/toddler pool and a big spinkler for our yard and our next door neighbor has a pool. We played in their pool probably once a week or so last summer.
May 19th, 2011, 07:38 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
How are you ladies doing? Doing ok, just really tired and fighting a cold & sore throat

How are the babies doing anything new going on? I haven't been around recently because we had a serious medical issue with Savannah last week...she developed an internal infection involving a lymph node near her hip which abcessed and bacteria got into her bloodstream. After several scary days (she didn't immediately respond to the tons of antibiotics they gave her via IV & injection) she's now doing much, much better and we'll finish up her oral antibiotics in a few days. Other than that she's doing fine, she loves to dance and her new thing is trying to sing (which is freaking adorable).

Will you buy your babies/kids swim suits for the summer? The real question is how MANY swimsuits will I buy for her this summer...she already has 3 (one is for daycare when they do splash days on Fridays) and we have enrolled her in swim lessons that start in a couple of weeks....even though I bought 2T I'm concerned they won't last size-wise the entire summer, especially since we found out the swim class requires us to use not one but TWO swim diapers (cloth) under her swim bottoms, so now i'm worried I should have gone a size up...oh well...

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
May 23rd, 2011, 07:26 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm doing great....things are getting back to normal after my momwas so sick...I didn't know how stressed I was until I was able to relax a little. The boys are awesome! They had their 2 yr and 4 month Checkups last Friday. Cecil weights 30.5 lbs and is almost 35" tall....Asher weighs 14 lbs 12oz and is now 24 3/4" tall. They are both either on target or above average for their age on everything which is awesome. They think Asher is showing signs of being asthmatic and we are keeping an eye on him...the ped says that RSV could have caused it....nothing detonate yet though.

Cecil os getting really good at using small sentences and he s so imaginative and active....I am loving this stage with him. . Asher is so close to rolling over, but he still hasn't done it yet. I am in no hurry for a mobile baby though lol....he can stay my little one for as long as he wants.

They both have swim trunks, but we haven't used them yet... Asher has a swim shirt that matches his swim trunks that say...mommys little fire cracker....so cute, I will have to post a pic later.

Laura.....I am so glad savannah is doing better....was she in the hospital? Poor sweetie!

Kelly... Roller derby! You go girl! Have fun!

Kalis... Cecil throws some doozy fits too...sometimes have to try to not laugh....he can be really dramatic lol. Glad you and dh ate working together to help her through this stage.
May 24th, 2011, 03:49 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are you ladies doing?
Can't complain. Just got back not too long ago from a 7 day cruise. There were 14 of us on the cruise. It flew by WAY to quick. I was very nervous how Makenna would do in the dining room for dinner. Those dinners are usually 2 hour dinners. I took a trip to toys R us before the cruise and wet a little crazy buying her toys. I bought her a leaptop, hooked it up to my computer and customized it so that it says her name. She has really enjoyed that. I bought her a magna doodle. It was actually quite entertaining to have each of us at dinner draw different things and see if we could get her to recognize what they were. It was a hoot when my dad drew a perfect ice cream cone and she called it broccoli instead. Drawing on those magna doodles aren't as easy at it sounds -- at least none of my family has the really artistic jeans. Between those 2 toys we were able to keep her pretty entertained. The staff loved her and helped a lot too because they interacted with her constantly. She LOVES the attention.

How are the babies doing anything new going on?
Doing great here. I went through an alphabet book with her last night and she knew all of her letters except for two. She calls G a Q and she calls V a Y. This last weekend I bought a baby shower gift for a friend. It was a little bouncer. The box showed the bouncer and a baby in the bouncer. She went up to the box, stood it up (so she could see the picture) and said "ooohhh". I asked her "what is that". She said "baby". Then she repeated "open baby" as she tried to open the box. I really think she thought the baby was inside the box and wanted it to come out.

Will you buy your babies/kids swim suits for the summer?
We have 3 right now. One I bought right before a mini vacation in February where I knew there was going to be a pool. Another one was sent to her from her aunt. And the 3rd I had from the end of the summer last year. I used all of them on the cruise and I don't think any of them will last me the whole summer, so I'm sure I will have to buy another one. DH and I were just talking yesterday about having a BBQ on Memorial Day. We were going to pull out the kiddie pool for her and have her play in that. We haven't done that yet this summer.

Kelly -- I have another friend who joined a roller derby team. She LOVES it. I can't say that I've seen it in real life -- only on TV. Is it really as brutal as it looks on TV?

Kalis -- Congrats on your Mary Kay business. I may need some new stuff soon. I use some Mary Kay stuff. I ordered last time from a friend of a friend of a friend who lives far away. PM me any information so I can potentially make an order.

Laura -- poor Savannah! That sounds really scary! I'm glad things are doing better for you now.

Sam -- I'm so glad you are getting some time to de-stress. That is very important. The boys sound perfect!

May 24th, 2011, 10:23 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad to hear from you all!

Kalis - Cori is really into learning about how the body works too....she is always asking about bones, blood, how food works, etc. Maybe they'll be doctors !
Sacha - I'm really impressed by Makenna's alphabet skills. I bet she will be an early reader. We have those Baby Can Read videos and the kids love them...I bet she would too (I don't know how much they actually help them read, though)
Also, I LOVE your story about her thinking there was a baby in the box....guess she's ready for a sibling, eh?
Lara - I'm SOOO glad to hear that Savannah is doing okay...what a scare! She looks really grown up in your siggie pic! Where does the time go?
Sam - Wow! Cecil is getting big! He is quite a bit bigger than Ana now. I'm glad your mom is doing better and you can relax!

Toby had his 4 month appointment yesterday. He was 15lb8oz and 24.5 inches. They measured him a few times, because he had grown so much! The 75th percentile for height is unheard of in our household!! No wonder his 3 month clothes are getting too snug. He felt crummy last night and had a fever, but seems to be his happy self today.
Roller derby is a blast and is a great workout. Sacha - it is full-contact, but I imagine the women on TV are in a more competitive/better league than me. I'm new enough that I'm not allowed to "bout" yet and haven't really been hit too hard yet. I'm smaller than most of the other women....so my goal is to be fast . This weekend will be crazy for us. Inlaws in town for Juliana's 2nd birthday party. Have a great holiday weekend ladies!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search