Pink cast

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2011, 11:13 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ladies,

Makenna got her pink cast on today. Her follow up appointment is 6/17. If all is good on the xray, they will be able to take it off that day. Her birthday (and party) is on 6/18 so I'm excited that she might not have the cast for her birthday.

I saw the xrays from today. What a difference 5 and half days has made!! I can hardly even see the crack in her ulna and her radius looks MUCH better (a much smaller gap between the bones).

Anyway, here is a quick pix I took from my cell phone. Not great quality, but at least you get an idea. As you can see from the picture, she is in NO pain at all.

May 31st, 2011, 12:05 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ahhhhh..... Such a Big cast for a little girl. how did she do when they were putting it on her? I'm glad she is in no pain

that will be Great to get the cast off just before her birthday, I hope she heals quickly.
May 31st, 2011, 12:28 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
She doesn't seem phased at all. Glad to hear things are looking good.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 31st, 2011, 03:10 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad it is healing well and she seems to be handling it all just fine! Is it the type of cast that can get wet? Cori could even take baths with hers, which was awesome. Keeping my fingers crossed that she can get it off before her party!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
May 31st, 2011, 04:44 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
it's so wrong for a cast to be so cute - and look at her smile! Glad she seems to be feeling better - it is amazing how quickly they heal isn't it? Hopefully that cast will be off quickly and it'll just be a memory...

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
June 1st, 2011, 04:38 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sam - she did great when they were putting it on. She just watched intently and kept so still. Never made a peep and never moved a muscle. The lady putting on the cast commented at least 10 times about how good she was for the whole thing.

Kelly - it's not a waterproof cast. We asked about it. They said they had them available, but did not recommend them for the length of cast that she had on. If it stopped before the elbow, they would have recommended it. But, because it's such a high cast they said the water would collect in the elbow and with it's constant contact on her skin it would start breaking down her skin. So, we have to stay dry. It's going to be harder to put a bag over this one because it's practically into her armpit.

This cast seems to annoy her much more than the splint did. Twice already she has come up to dh or I and said "arm stuck, help" as she is trying to rip it off her arm.

Thanks for all the well wishes -- we will keep you posted.

June 3rd, 2011, 10:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Adorable picture of her and her cast. I hope for a speedy recovery! EVen though it's pink and adorable...not convenient for you, I'm sure!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search