Summer Fun

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Any summer fun planned with the kiddos this summer?

Any vacations in the works?

June 8th, 2011, 12:24 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No vacation again this year - justin never can get away from work long enough.
But Thea and I are already spending lots of time in the baby pool in our yard and going to mom's/play group every week. We just joined the country club yesterday so while Justin is at work Thea and i will sometimes go have breakfast there and spend part of the day at the pool (the baby pool is gated off from the big pool so i am gonna love that), taking walks, fishing, and maybe even riding around in a golf cart once in a while! Though I know that be members of the country club will also mean I will be a 'golf widow' even more than usual- lol!
We also are working on some preschool curriculums that Thea seems to enjoy so will will continue that on a casual lever through the summer.
And we will be planning Thea's birthday party soon - I am really excited about buying her presents - I haven't got her very much since Christmas and it is so fun to get her the next level of toys/books etc.
June 8th, 2011, 06:16 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
well, we are considering going camping.....but we will see ! LOL

I started a Moms with Tots group in my community once a week, so we are busy with that....and we will start "Tuesday School"...our church offers it instead of Sunday school during the summer since so many people have weekend plans. So I will be helping out with that as well

June 9th, 2011, 08:20 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to take our kids to the Omaha Zoo sometime this summer.... it's about a 4 hour drive for us, so it would be a mini vacation.

No big vacations this year... I have to save all my time off for snow days and sick kids lol! Hopefully I will be able to carry over vacation time next year and then we can take a big trip I'm thinking yellowstone.
June 10th, 2011, 08:25 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We go to Lake Chelan (central WA) every year for 2 weeks with Dh's family. It it RV style camping...but is really nice and relaxing. Well, as relaxing as it can be with 3 kiddos!!

Lots of time off is one of the perks of his job! He can work lots of overtime and save it up as "comp time" then take lots of time off.

DH and I are hoping to go back to Jamaica and do a vow renewal for our 10th anniversary....we just celebrated our 8th. Need to start saving for that!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
June 11th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When Makenna gets her cast off, we are going to make the most out of getting WET any way we can -- pools, sprinklers, beach, hoses, etc.

In July, dh and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary. We are doing a weekend getaway to the west coast of FL. My sis and bil are going to stay at our house with Makenna for the weekend.

Also, for 4th of July, we are going to drive to NC to visit my bil and sil. DH grandmother is celebrating her 90th birthday and the 4th of july was the best time to get as many people to visit as possible. We will be packing up the crib on the top of the vehicle and taking it back up to SIL since she is due in early August. This will be our first LONG car ride with Makenna since she has been able to communicate things like "get out" (to get out of the car seat), "it's bright" when the sun is in her face, "walk" for lets go for a walk, etc.... I'm not as worried about the drive up to NC because we will leave in the late afternoon and she is a good sleeper in the car. But the way BACK will start in the morning and last all day. Even our 45 minute drives to Disney have been much more difficult lately.

Kristi -- Sorry there are no vacations for you this year. I hope you can work towards something in the future. The country club sounds cool.

Dee -- camping in a tent; making all your food over a fire??? That kind of camping?? I hope moms with tots and tuesday school are great for you and Katie!

Sam -- a zoo sounds awesome. I've never been to yellowstone -- it's on our list of things we want to do as a family.

Kelly -- that's great the dh can get so much vacation time. I'm sure it is hard throughout the regular weeks with him working so much, though. Jamaica sounds awesome. I mentioned in another thread that dh and I are celebrating our 10 year this summer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search