Check in

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2011, 06:51 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
How are you ladies doing? I know summer is usually busy for many people. What are the kiddos up to?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 21st, 2011, 12:58 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are doing good. Enjoyed our weekend get-away for our anniversary last weekend. Makenna is enjoying summery things now that her cast is off. She got a sandbox for her birthday, so she enjoys going outside and playing in that. We play in the sprinklers, blow bubbles, swing on the swings and then go back inside to cool off!! It has been SOOOOO HOTTTTTT lately!

July 21st, 2011, 07:37 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto on the hotness (how funny that I typo'd hotmess) - we have awful humidity too and heat advisories. It has been too uncomfortaable to play outside and Thea is going crazy!
We have been getting ready for Thea's birthday and party. Very excited, lots of ideas for it.
Thea can spell her name out loud and recognizes it in print and can write the T and the H on her own. Did I tell you all that we have decided to homeschool?!?! We didn't plan on sending to prek anyways since I am a SAHM, but the more I have gotten into preschool curriculum, the more we have decided it would be beneficial to continue homeschooling instead on sending her to the local private school (Neither Justin or I are fans of public school,especially around here).
July 22nd, 2011, 07:55 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, we are in one of the few places in the country that it is not hot. In fact, our summer has been so cool it doesn't really even feel like summer. Everyone is complaining, but not me....because I'd rather have this than heat advisories! We have been super-busy. Having a "pony" party for Cori this weekend. She gets to show off her new pony. He is a wonderful little guy, she is having a blast with him. Toby is 6 months old today! He is the sweetest baby ever....sleeps pretty well, eats like a champ, always smiling, and LOVES his mama. Juliana thinks she is 10 instead of 2....she wants to do EVERYTHING herself. I'm still playing roller derby and loving it. I love how fit I am getting too

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
July 24th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Kellyanne I am with you on the weather. With the exception of this weekend the cooler temps have been ok with me . We did hit 80 in Seattle this weekend though bleh. So great to hear everyone is doing well.

July 24th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I keep forgetting this subforum is here...lol

We moved, and then our pipes backed up...life's been crazy. Hopefully the restoration will be done this week and things and slow down for a few weeks before Allison arrives!

July 25th, 2011, 12:01 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brittanie - you are getting so close now! I've been stalking the August DDC, since you, Mary and Shannon are all due that month. Can't wait to "meet" all your lo's!!

Sacha, How are you feeling? Any Ms yet? Do you have an US Scheduled?

Kelly - I'm jealous of your weather... We can hardely ever go outside and everyone is getting restless here... how did Cori's Pony Party go?

Kristi - I think homeschooling is a great idea. I know several homeschooling mammas around here and they all get together for social times and field trips. They also lean on each other for ideas and support. Have you tried to reach out to other homeschoolers in your area?

Jess - you are in the homestrech now 9 weeks left... How are you feeling?

We are all doing good here. Not much at all going on... Too hot to do anything outside Asher is now sitting on his own, and he does these little mini sit-ups - he is trying to sit up on his own from laying on his back, but he can only get 1/4 of the way there. He can roll everywhere and is starting to pull himself to get to toys, so I think army crawling is in our near future. He is such a happy baby too....love love love him.

Cecil has really started blossoming into more of a kid now....not so much a little one anymore he talks in full sentenses and has really been testing our patience sometimes, but he is such an amazingly sweet little boy. He plays with Asher and likes to show him his toys. He is always wanting to give kisses and hugs to everyone... so sweet!

I'm not sure I mentioned this before, but Asher was having issues with REALLY bad excema and a cough that started when he was 2 months old. We were reffered to an allergist and has testing done, and it turns out that Asher is allergic to Soy, Milk, Cats, dogs, indoor mold, outdoor mold, grass, weed pollen, and dust. We haven't food tested him yet, but he broke out in a rash after eating peas, so I think he may have some food allergies too, but we will see. He is now on some new meds and doing much much better thank goodness.
July 26th, 2011, 11:54 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jessi - We're in Eastern WA, so much warmer than Seattle, but still cooler than a normal summer. We did hit 96 on Sunday....our high for the year. Back down to 80 today, which is fine by me!
Sam - The pony party went really well. We live in a small town, and had the party in our local park. When we got there the poor little pony got swarmed with neighbor kids (before the party even started). He handled it all like a pro. I made carrot cake cupcakes with white chocolate cream cheese frosting. Yum!

Poor little Asher! Is he on Nutramigen or are you eliminating milk and soy? I did that for awhile and found it to be pretty tough. I was lucky though, and Juliana's was just an intolerance that she grew out of. Sounds like Asher's is a real allergy. My goddaughter has a milk allergy that is severe. They still say she will likely outgrow it by about age 5, though.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
July 26th, 2011, 01:46 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Sam - sorry about Asher's allergies...hopefully that's something he'll outgrow.

It's so hot...i think every day for over a month has been above 100...nothing terribly exciting over here other than we toured a new daycare for Savannah and now i'm horribly conflicted over whether to move her from the one she's in (which she loves) to the new one which has some advantages we felt strongly about when we shopped daycares originally (daily music & spanish classes, webcams in classrooms, security w/fingerprint ID at entry in addition to front desk attendant) but this one hadn't opened back then...but she loves her current daycare & her friends there, so I really don't know what to do

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
July 28th, 2011, 09:33 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam - there aren't many other homeschoolers in my area at all. I know of two other families in my town and luckily one is our neighbor that moved in last fall and her 5 year old daughter is best friends with Thea. We already have science projects and other lessons planned to together this year and there is a supplement group about an hour and a half away that meets once a month. Thea isn't old enough for it yet but I am going to an open house in the fall with my neigbor.
Lara- That would be a hard decision. Good luck!
August 14th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Trying to stay cool... Other then that im ok, This past week i lost my papa due to cancer, had a Marine funeral yesterday for him it was very sad. Also we lost my Great Niece (she was 2) in a fire. And today my mil dog peed on are liveing room floor i didn't know, so as i went out i slipped and fell on my side and i broke my pinky toe. Not really a good week for me, but there is a plus side im haveing a boy!!!!!!

August 14th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I guess I belong here now? Hi, everyone!
Chloe's most recent abdominal ultrasound showed a 'normal' liver and spleen so they moved her to the Level II nursery. It will be nice if she can be transferred to a hospital closer to home. Currently she is a 2 hr drive away.

August 18th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Sam sorry to hear about Asher's allergies.
Laurie I hope you Chloe gets to move closer to home soon. Or even come home would be better.
Seems everyone is having a good summer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search