Another miscarriage...or dates wrong?!?!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2014, 07:38 PM
I feel like I am going through every woman's worst nightmare...again!

I miscarried after 8 grueling weeks of HCG level tests, scans, and LOTS of waiting in Dec of 2012. It was aweful...painful both physically and mentally, possibly the worst thing I have ever been through in my life.

On Dec 16th 2014, I tested at home after taking a 3 hour nap the previous Sunday (I NEVER DO THIS!) and received a very faint positive test. I went to the doctor's lab and submitted urine for a test there...NEGATIVE! I was so confused, especially since I had not one, but two positive tests at home. I did some online research and found quite a few people giving testimonies of false positives with Walgreens brand tests that have the blue line...which is what I used, so I thought maybe it was wrong...but why are my breasts so sore and changing colors. Anyway, I went back to the store and purchased 2 First Response Early Tests...both positive immediately. So, I called the doctor back and told them my quandary...and they ordered a blood HCG test. Low and behold on Dec 19th, I tested positive with an HCG level of 114.

Earlier this week, I went to have my first scan and nervously waiting, hoping to hear a little heartbeat...I should have been 7 weeks by this time. He began the scan...and there was the gestational sac...but no heartbeat. I was devastated. The tech stated that my dates are probably off and wouldn't really tell me anymore than that. He only stated that I show about 5 weeks 3 days and that my doctor would contact me within a couple of days. Bewildered, I left, but didn't want to wait. I contacted my doctor's office and asked for another HCG level check and explained that my dating and the ultrasound dating were off, by about 1 1/2 weeks. She ordered the test and sure enough...came back at 7830 (my levels were high and rose with my last miscarriage) -- which are normal for a 5 week 3 day pregnancy...but I know I am not that early...and certainly wouldn't have tested positive on Dec 16th.

So, I am now waiting, again...more testing and more scanning. I am really hoping this doesn't drag out through the 12th week like last time -- I really don't think I can take it again.

Has anyone had a d & c? What was your experience? How long do you have to wait to ttc again after miscarriage? Is the timing different if you opt for a d & c?

Thank you, in advance for your support. What's worse is my husband works out of town half the week and I am doing this all alone. I am so incredibly sad.

~Kendra

I should mention that I am 39...so my clock is certainly ticking. I am wondering the value of having tests run to see if there is a reason I keep experiencing the missed miscarriage...anyone have advice about this? Do you know what causes repeated missed miscarriages?

Thanks again!
January 9th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey sweety.

This part of the board doesn't get much attention it seems like. You might get more responses in the main board.

I'm sorry for all the stress you're going through, and I hope you somehow are just earlier that you thought.
I haven't had a D&C so I don't know much about the timing after that. After miscarriages they usually will recommend waiting until after your next period. Some women don't wait. However your Dr may recommend waiting longer depending on your exact situation.

Again, I'm really hoping for a miracle for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search